Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mitch to NBA - Skips 1 year ncaa suspension

Yup.. But he made a few million I think...

That Thanksgiving Day game between CHI and DAL where it was Henson vs. Krenzel was arguably the worst NFL game in the history of football.

In other news, Terelle Pryor is still in the NFL somehow

That Thanksgiving Day game between CHI and DAL where it was Henson vs. Krenzel was arguably the worst NFL game in the history of football.

In other news, Terelle Pryor is still in the NFL somehow

i was the rb/cb in the Henson vs krezel Utica ford vs Brighton fb game....it was just as bad of a game in high school :D fun fact....krenzel was my center in pee wee flag football. Other fun fact....Henson probably wouldn't have been a bust if he went into college as a punter....dude was the best punter I ever had to receive punts from.

Last edited:
Jonathan Andrew Paul ‏@MichiganLawGrad 3h
@SamWebb77 I'm hearing a Mitch McGary press release tomorrow - any truth to that? IMO that would be good news for UM

Not sure why that would be good news...?

Jonathan Andrew Paul ‏@MichiganLawGrad 3h
@SamWebb77 I'm hearing a Mitch McGary press release tomorrow - any truth to that? IMO that would be good news for UM

Not sure why that would be good news...?

Yeah it could be either

He has until Sunday at noon I believe.

There are 30 1st rd picks and 36 guys have declared early entry. That does not even count the seniors and the international players that will get drafted.

He is absent from several mock drafts in the 1st round, or at the very end in a couple. For his financial well-being, it's best he comes back for another year to climb back into the lottery, but who knows what's in his head.

FYI, some of the mocks have the Pistons taking Marcus Smart, which is a total bleh move. I've seen him play a lot this year, and I am total unsure as to where the hype comes from. He's a "combo-guard", which is the last thing the Pistons need. They don't need another Rodney Stuckey.

Last edited:
This could explain why there has been a delay in his decision. He may have been appealing the decision.

This is a huge mess for next year. Somehow I think Beilein will figure it out but this us not the news I wanted to hear.

Absolute garbage is he was facing a 1 year ban for a single positive test. So the NCAA is virtually ending this kid's college career because he smoked weed? That is horseshit! Especially given the fact that he had back surgery and medical marijuana is legal in this state, maybe he was using it for pain. Even if it was just recreational, that rule is horseshit!

There has to be more to it than just 1 positive test. Mitch should sue otherwise.

Absolute garbage is he was facing a 1 year ban for a single positive test. So the NCAA is virtually ending this kid's college career because he smoked weed? That is horseshit! Especially given the fact that he had back surgery and medical marijuana is legal in this state, maybe he was using it for pain. Even if it was just recreational, that rule is horseshit!

There has to be more to it than just 1 positive test. Mitch should sue otherwise.

The NCAA is invulnerable and has the brain of a lizard. With my current mindset, and if I had the athletic ability and the opportunity to participate in collegiate athletics, I'd refuse -- to be a fool dancing on the strings of all those big shots.

The entire [NCAA] enterprise is a corrupt lie. And I commend your response as well. This was a Phil-Coke fastball down the middle and you elected to think of the person first. An example for us all to follow when appropriate, including me.

Last edited:
That was my point Johnny and byco.

The article makes specific mention of Mitch being 22yrs old and drinking alcohol. A 22yr old man who can slug some beers in college should be able to smoke some weed on occasion too.

If I were a high school senior basketball player who had pro talent, I would figure out another route to go rather than be subject to the idiots at the NCAA. Maybe he was going to go pro anyways, maybe not, but this gave him no choice and who knows where he even gets drafted now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mitch-...im-shocking-year-long-ncaa-ban-073833742.html

Great article here that explains what happened. Mitch smoked weed before the Sweet 16 game vs Tennessee. Beilein let him dress for the game. He was never going to play in it though. Because he was dressed for the game he was eligible to be tested and he was. He failed and admitted it. He appealed and lost. The odd part of it is the NCAA admits the ban is to harsh and has sense changed the rules but they wont do anything for Mitch because the change occurred after Mitch's test.

So Mitch wanted to come back and play for his junior year, but the NCAA wouldn't let him because of smoking weed? Is that what I'm gathering from this??

really stupid punishment for such a minor thing. a college kids smokes pot, big freaking deal

So Mitch wanted to come back and play for his junior year, but the NCAA wouldn't let him because of smoking weed? Is that what I'm gathering from this??

From everything I am reading yes. He was coming back. He knew about the positive test a while ago and the reason he never said anything is he has been fighting the NCAA since then. The NCAA has also adjusted its testing to make it tougher to pass.

http://www.drugfreesport.com/newsroom/insight.asp?VolID=68&TopicID=3

Who knows. Maybe he was going pro regardless.

Mitch had been tested throughout the season, he failed his 5th or 6th test after passing the prior ones. He did an incredibly stupid thing knowing that he was being tested regularly, but who knows, he may have been at a party and had a few drinks and someone passed a J.

It's a stupid rule, but Mitch was equally stupid for smoking knowing a test was likely.

Back