Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Commit

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
lostleader said:
Some states out west have contemplated a spear season. I am not sure how far this went, but I did read the reports.

MB09 it takes more than a few weeks and a few thousand rounds. I would pay money to see you shoot a 1000 slugs over a two day period. With a gun it doesn't take a lot to be a good shot, well good enough for deer. But I repeat their is more to hunting than shooting.

Buy me 1000 slugs and meet me at island lake shooting range and you've got yourself a deal.

What do I get when you don't get through them. I get to pick the gun and slug size!

lostleader said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Buy me 1000 slugs and meet me at island lake shooting range and you've got yourself a deal.

What do I get when you don't get through them. I get to pick the gun and slug size!

lol so you're going to have me shooting like a .50 cal and destroying my shoulder?

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
lostleader said:

lol so you're going to have me shooting like a .50 cal and destroying my shoulder?

Well I don't have a 10 gauge, but I own multiple 12 gauges, and you can shoot 3 or 3 1/2 shells.

lostleader said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

Well I don't have a 10 gauge, but I own multiple 12 gauges, and you can shoot 3 or 3 1/2 shells.

I'll be sure to wear like 25 t-shirts.

Then how can you be a good hunter. You won't be able to move or control anything.

randy_card-christmas-story.jpg

Your going to look like this

lostleader said:
Then how can you be a good hunter. You won't be able to move or control anything.

randy_card-christmas-story.jpg

Your going to look like this

I just need to get practice shooting, I wouldn't wear 25 when I went hunting.

Thats not going to be realistic.

Have you ever shot a gun.....More than you Red Rider BB gun?

lostleader said:
Thats not going to be realistic.

Have you ever shot a gun.....More than you Red Rider BB gun?

yeah, I've shot two. A glock 17 and my grandpa's 30-40 krag (which is the gun I own). I also own a 20 gauge shotgun, which was also my grandpa's, but I haven't shot it. Both were fun to shoot but I was far better at hitting things with the krag.

Ok, Not to dig this up again. But I am sure it will die by tomorrow after the game.

I got a game camera for christmas, put it out under my stand with some corn. 1 week passed, I pulled the SD card and had 22 pictures of different animals. So my point is, baiting does work but the animals are only hitting the sites at night. Not as easy as it sounds, just putting corn down doesn't guarantee anything.

lostleader said:
Ok, Not to dig this up again. But I am sure it will die by tomorrow after the game.

I got a game camera for christmas, put it out under my stand with some corn. 1 week passed, I pulled the SD card and had 22 pictures of different animals. So my point is, baiting does work but the animals are only hitting the sites at night. Not as easy as it sounds, just putting corn down doesn't guarantee anything.

but did you put the corn down by a game trail?

Not a real active on.

Its under the stand that I shot my buck out of. I haven't hunted it the whole month of December and found some large LARGE tracks. I wanted to see what it was.

It was not these does, but the cleaned the corn up quick!

Back