Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Commit

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":nabk99i2]You make it sound like someone buys a gun each time they hunt.

Biggunsbob has guns from his 80yr+ dad.

Yup He owns about 20 guns form pistols to hunting guns...He does not all of them and a few are just target guns... But he is a die hard hunter even though he canceled his NRA membership 10 years ago. At 83 he should not be going next monday only a month after a vein was harvest from his groin to fix a 6-8 inch blockage in his leg.. Amazing he is walking with no pain from the blockage anymore just surgery soreness. But still he can't hear and he will need to be driven to his blind and if he gets a deer his buddy will have to help him.. I must admit my dad is a great hunter.. And I don't mean he gets a deer or bird every time he goes out.. He worked for the DNR all his life in Michigan and he respected the rules and did everything by the book as I am sure all of you guys do.. Just be careful and respect people who don't agree with hunting.. I don't like killing things but my dad loves the outdoors and the process I guess even if I don't understand it.. I guess I should not judge hunters and I hope it did not sound like I was...[/quote:nabk99i2]

Thanks for proving my point - your dad is being driven to a blind as an expert hunter and he's just going to sit and wait for a deer. What exactly about that couldn't anyone do? Outside of shooting accurately?

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Yup He owns about 20 guns form pistols to hunting guns...He does not all of them and a few are just target guns... But he is a die hard hunter even though he canceled his NRA membership 10 years ago. At 83 he should not be going next monday only a month after a vein was harvest from his groin to fix a 6-8 inch blockage in his leg.. Amazing he is walking with no pain from the blockage anymore just surgery soreness. But still he can't hear and he will need to be driven to his blind and if he gets a deer his buddy will have to help him.. I must admit my dad is a great hunter.. And I don't mean he gets a deer or bird every time he goes out.. He worked for the DNR all his life in Michigan and he respected the rules and did everything by the book as I am sure all of you guys do.. Just be careful and respect people who don't agree with hunting.. I don't like killing things but my dad loves the outdoors and the process I guess even if I don't understand it.. I guess I should not judge hunters and I hope it did not sound like I was...

Thanks for proving my point - your dad is being driven to a blind as an expert hunter and he's just going to sit and wait for a deer. What exactly about that couldn't anyone do? Outside of shooting accurately?

When you get that age, someones going to put you in a home. They are going to be tired of your rambling nonsense!

Your not 83 and you couldn't do what he does. I would count on it. Also I find it sad that you went to Mexico to catch fish, but didn't eat them. Also how deep were you fishing?

lostleader said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

When you get that age, someones going to put you in a home. They are going to be tired of your rambling nonsense!

Your not 83 and you couldn't do what he does. I would count on it. Also I find it sad that you went to Mexico to catch fish, but didn't eat them. Also how deep were you fishing?

I couldn't do what he does because I'm not that good of a shot. I've only been shooting a few times. Give me some time to practice that and I could do what he does. My uncle has a huge plot of land with a few deer stands built on it. I'd just go there and wait. It would be the same thing; but in the end I wouldn't shoot the deer.

As far as my Mexico trip:

We spent about 5 hours on the ocean and half the time was dedicated to troll for the big fish (like Marlin, Barracuda and fish like it) That was probably a mile - mile and a half out or so. Then we came back into the reefs a bit probably like a half mile out and did some bottom fishing. That's where all the smaller fish came from.

And the reason we didn't eat them is because we didn't have time and frankly I don't like the taste of fish. At our resort you pay for the trip and they arrange a bus to get take you to the fishing place and one to take you back. When we got back to the shore the bus was waiting and they shuttled us back to the resort. The Mexicans on board the boat, because of the language barrier, didn't give us the option to throw them back or anything and if we wanted to keep them we would have had to carry a dead fish to some local, sketchy, restaurant to have them cook it for us. Since the bus was there to pick us up - we couldn't do that so we just let the Mexicans have the fish. We all wanted to throw them back but the guys on board just didn't understand what we were saying so we just let them do what they normally do.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
So you caught fish and you don't even like fish. You monster!!

Killing fish for fun, and that is so much better than killing deer to eat. So you tell me who is the cold blooded murder here?

Thirst for blood my ass

lostleader said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
So you caught fish and you don't even like fish. You monster!!

Killing fish for fun, and that is so much better than killing deer to eat. So you tell me who is the cold blooded murder here?

Thirst for blood my ass

As I stated - I didn't kill them. I brought them up, the Mexican guy was the one who just whacked them on the head - not me. And they took them home to eat them. So the fish didn't just die to die. And unlike hunting in the US - there aren't supermarkets in Mexico where they can just go buy fish (assuming they even have money to do so). So there, killing the fish really is a need and I'm sure they don't see it as fun - given it's their job. Completely different. I've never killed a fish.

Only cause you suck at fishing.

Or you catch and released them. Which I don't know why its ok to put a hook in a fish's mouth and let it go. Which to me is weird and creepy to me. You're inflicting pain to an animal and you don't even eat it. And you do it for fun. You monster!

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
lostleader said:

Thirst for blood my ass

As I stated - I didn't kill them. I brought them up, the Mexican guy was the one who just whacked them on the head - not me. And they took them home to eat them. So the fish didn't just die to die. And unlike hunting in the US - there aren't supermarkets in Mexico where they can just go buy fish (assuming they even have money to do so). So there, killing the fish really is a need and I'm sure they don't see it as fun - given it's their job. Completely different. I've never killed a fish.

So you are an accessory to murder then! Thats like hiring a hit man to take out your enemy because you can't do it yourself. Still going to fish jail because of your connection to the crime.

Always eat all witnesses!

celebrity-pictures-shaw-foo.jpg

MB09 this is going to be you. Next time

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Only cause you suck at fishing.

Or you catch and released them. Which I don't know why its ok to put a hook in a fish's mouth and let it go. Which to me is weird and creepy to me. You're inflicting pain to an animal and you don't even eat it. And you do it for fun. You monster!

The 2003 Edinburgh study confirmed that fish have polymodal nociceptors around their face and head

lostleader said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

So you are an accessory to murder then! Thats like hiring a hit man to take out your enemy because you can't do it yourself. Still going to fish jail because of your connection to the crime.

I'm fine if you go out and sit by a guy who shoots the deer. But Americans have no need to shoot the deer - these Mexicans live in a 3rd world country where that fish was probably one of the few things they had to eat that day.

131299740502.jpg

Your fishing partner!

Fish react to instinct. They are running for their life, same as every animal that is hooked or shot. No pain just trying to get the heck out of the way

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
lostleader said:

I'm fine if you go out and sit by a guy who shoots the deer. But Americans have no need to shoot the deer - these Mexicans live in a 3rd world country where that fish was probably one of the few things they had to eat that day.

We are not all rich and can buy whatever we want. Some of us take pride in doing things the old fashioned way. Someday your going to wish you possessed some of these skills.

lostleader said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

We are not all rich and can buy whatever we want. Some of us take pride in doing things the old fashioned way. Someday your going to wish you possessed some of these skills.

I told you - as soon as I can learn to shoot more accurately I'll be just as good as you at hunting. And obviously I can fish just fine. I'd just have to keep them - rather than throw them back.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
As soon as I learn to throw more accurately ill probably be out Qb-ing tom brady

Shooting is a different skill than hunting. Getting awesome at shooting would instantly make you a good hunter - and you can't be a good hunter without the skill of shooting (unless your idea of hunting is like we've discussed where you just like to find the animals). Throwing a football like Tom Brady would not make you instantly good at football.

I forgot he is a freak athlete.

While you're learning to shoot accurate, ill learn to throw accurate. While you're learning to read tracks, ill be learning to read defenses.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I forgot he is a freak athlete.

While you're learning to shoot accurate, ill learn to throw accurate. While you're learning to read tracks, ill be learning to read defenses.

I already stated that I don't need to learn tracks. I can just sit in a deer blind like 99% of hunters.

Im glad you got it all figured out!

While your learning to shoot and Cheesehead is practicing throwing, I think ill shoot a basketball. I mean I already got the basic shooting skill so, if I can get the muscle memory down I can take on MJ.

Heck might even challenge Tiger Woods next!

Back