Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Commit

i was interested in why a post about a 2* RB resulted in so many responses. Judging by this last page, I don't think I want to find out.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i was interested in why a post about a 2* RB resulted in so many responses. Judging by this last page, I don't think I want to find out.

Unless he is a blood thirsty hunter like me or a wildlife activist PETA member like MB09 I doubt he is interested!

I recommend you read some and pick a side.

lostleader said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i was interested in why a post about a 2* RB resulted in so many responses. Judging by this last page, I don't think I want to find out.

Unless he is a blood thirsty hunter like me or a wildlife activist PETA member like MB09 I doubt he is interested!

based off of the one page i read....I support hunting as long as population is up and there are limits on what you can and can not take. I, myself, was a hunter for a few years before I moved to Cali. I also killed my fair share of fish as well. Do we "need" to kill deer for food? no, but there's no problem with it as long as there's no threat to the species. Kill one deer and you get enough meat for your family to last quite a while. Big money saver.

lostleader said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

Whoa whoa whoa - don't confuse me with Peta. Those people are crazy. I love meat, I just don't want to kill it myself.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
According to m&b it isn't a money saver lol.

well considering the one year where me and my dad actually killed something, we had meat for months, i'd say it does save some money.

If you hunt pheasant and duck, it's even better.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

Well think about it. The average gun to hunt costs about $500. Then you take into account the cost of practicing with said rifle. Boxes of rifle ammo generally go for about $20 online for 20 rounds and $20-$30 in the store. Then you have the cost of a Michigan hunting license - like $25? Then you have all the other stuff hunters buy - salt licks, deer pee, cammo, gun cleaning, knifes, processing kits, freezers to store the meat, some people take the dear to get professionally butchered and so on.

By the time you go through all of that the amount of money spent it probably takes a VERY long time and consistency to actually make up the cost compared to just buying it. Some of it is a one time cost - like buying a gun and others, like ammo, cleaning and processing costs are yearly expenses. I'd guess that it takes quite a long time for it to actually become economically better.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":tn4vubhg]According to m&b it isn't a money saver lol.

well considering the one year where me and my dad actually killed something, we had meat for months, i'd say it does save some money.

If you hunt pheasant and duck, it's even better. [/quote:tn4vubhg]I like Pheasant, Hungarian Partridge, Quail hunting. Watching bird dogs work a field is something to behold, and when they are flushing birds it is a beautiful thing.

You make it sound like someone buys a gun each time they hunt.

Biggunsbob has guns from his 80yr+ dad.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

Well think about it. The average gun to hunt costs about $500. Then you take into account the cost of practicing with said rifle. Boxes of rifle ammo generally go for about $20 online for 20 rounds and $20-$30 in the store. Then you have the cost of a Michigan hunting license - like $25? Then you have all the other stuff hunters buy - salt licks, deer pee, cammo, gun cleaning, knifes, processing kits, freezers to store the meat, some people take the dear to get professionally butchered and so on.

By the time you go through all of that the amount of money spent it probably takes a VERY long time and consistency to actually make up the cost compared to just buying it. Some of it is a one time cost - like buying a gun and others, like ammo, cleaning and processing costs are yearly expenses. I'd guess that it takes quite a long time for it to actually become economically better.

You buy a lot of shit you don't need. When you use the stuff for multiple adventures your money ahead. PETA man!

Blood thirsty Fish killer.

6069191429_6933de6381.jpg

Maize&Cheese304 said:

Yup He owns about 20 guns form pistols to hunting guns...He does not all of them and a few are just target guns... But he is a die hard hunter even though he canceled his NRA membership 10 years ago. At 83 he should not be going next monday only a month after a vein was harvest from his groin to fix a 6-8 inch blockage in his leg.. Amazing he is walking with no pain from the blockage anymore just surgery soreness. But still he can't hear and he will need to be driven to his blind and if he gets a deer his buddy will have to help him.. I must admit my dad is a great hunter.. And I don't mean he gets a deer or bird every time he goes out.. He worked for the DNR all his life in Michigan and he respected the rules and did everything by the book as I am sure all of you guys do.. Just be careful and respect people who don't agree with hunting.. I don't like killing things but my dad loves the outdoors and the process I guess even if I don't understand it.. I guess I should not judge hunters and I hope it did not sound like I was...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":a6eb645q]You make it sound like someone buys a gun each time they hunt.

Yup He owns about 20 guns form pistols to hunting guns...He does not all of them and a few are just target guns... But he is a die hard hunter even though he canceled his NRA membership 10 years ago. At 83 he should not be going next monday only a month after a vein was harvest from his groin to fix a 6-8 inch blockage in his leg.. Amazing he is walking with no pain from the blockage anymore just surgery soreness. But still he can't hear and he will need to be driven to his blind and if he gets a deer his buddy will have to help him.. I must admit my dad is a great hunter.. And I don't mean he gets a deer or bird every time he goes out.. He worked for the DNR all his life in Michigan and he respected the rules and did everything by the book as I am sure all of you guys do.. Just be careful and respect people who don't agree with hunting.. I don't like killing things but my dad loves the outdoors and the process I guess even if I don't understand it.. I guess I should not judge hunters and I hope it did not sound like I was...[/quote:a6eb645q]

I don't have a problem with people who are against hunting. I will always respect their choice and their beliefs. What I have a problem with, is people who act like experts on something they know nothing about ( not you Bob ). THATS, what grinds my gears.

greenandwhite95 said:
I don't have a problem with people who are against hunting. I will always respect their choice and their beliefs. What I have a problem with, is people who act like experts on something they know nothing about ( not you Bob ). THATS, what grinds my gears.

I sometimes act like I know about women. I don't. Sorry.

lostleader said:
Jever4321 said:
Blood thirsty Fish killer.

6069191429_6933de6381.jpg

What the heck is that, Bait?

That's 3 barracudas, some red/yellow snappers and some other things that I have no idea what they are. I didn't kill them, the little Mexicans did for their families. I mean - giving them to people who live in a 3rd world country is a little different. They can't exactly go to Meijer.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Yup He owns about 20 guns form pistols to hunting guns...He does not all of them and a few are just target guns... But he is a die hard hunter even though he canceled his NRA membership 10 years ago. At 83 he should not be going next monday only a month after a vein was harvest from his groin to fix a 6-8 inch blockage in his leg.. Amazing he is walking with no pain from the blockage anymore just surgery soreness. But still he can't hear and he will need to be driven to his blind and if he gets a deer his buddy will have to help him.. I must admit my dad is a great hunter.. And I don't mean he gets a deer or bird every time he goes out.. He worked for the DNR all his life in Michigan and he respected the rules and did everything by the book as I am sure all of you guys do.. Just be careful and respect people who don't agree with hunting.. I don't like killing things but my dad loves the outdoors and the process I guess even if I don't understand it.. I guess I should not judge hunters and I hope it did not sound like I was...

I wouldn't consider myself an expert - but I've been surrounded by it my whole life so I'd consider myself fairly informed to make a opinion.

Jever4321 said:
He looks like a proud hunter standing over his kill.

I wasn't proud of the Mexicans killing them - but we had no pictures of catching them because there wasn't opportunity to on the boat. As soon as we caught the fish the Mexicans threw them in the fish box and closed the door. So we had to wait until the end to get a picture of what we caught. I had a few of everyone reeling them in but none of the fish. I would have preferred they threw them back - but they didn't even ask us one way or another.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

No, and you're right sometimes people get guns handed down. But there was always that initial investment and most people who hunt aren't using 50+ year old guns. Some are, but most aren't.

Back