Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Commit

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Cause you're LYING. I know better.

It might have been less that 15, it was probably more like 6 lol. Doesn't change the fact that I could have easily shot one.
How many hours of sobbing would we have to endure if you actually shot a deer?

lostleader said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I just simply disagree. There are definitely skills acquired in fishing but I keep saying it - if I gave my wife a fishing pole with a worm on it and she went up against all of us with plastic lures - she's almost certainly win the fish count at the end of the day even though she's never fished a day in her life.

Like I said, if you know the basics (fish like to hide by cover) you can basically find the fish anywhere.

That is the key phrase. Little bait robbing blue gill do not count. Lets fish a bass tournament. You would cry, and I would make sure of it!

But see that's where we could go off on another tangent, add a minnow to that same hook and you have yourself an insta-catch bass machine.

Bass tournaments have rules for a reason - because certain things "cheat" when it comes to the "skill" of catching bass with fake lures. They wouldn't have rules on what you could use if skill was all that mattered.

Jever4321 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
It might have been less that 15, it was probably more like 6 lol. Doesn't change the fact that I could have easily shot one.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Jever4321 said:

you missed a few digits in front of that zero. at least a 1. You would be babbling like a little girl for 10 hours.

Bleeding heart.

greenandwhite95 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I just simply disagree. There are definitely skills acquired in fishing but I keep saying it - if I gave my wife a fishing pole with a worm on it and she went up against all of us with plastic lures - she's almost certainly win the fish count at the end of the day even though she's never fished a day in her life.

Like I said, if you know the basics (fish like to hide by cover) you can basically find the fish anywhere.

You don't have knowledge to back your story up you keep referencing fishing with your mom or wife. I'm talking about fishing with someone who KNOWS how to fish. I could easily prove it too you. I'm not an IT guy like you so why would I question you about something computer realated or act like I know a lot about it because I have a general knowledge. You are soo thick headed sometimes guy.

I believe I also reference Bill Dance. Every fisherman knows who Bill Dance is.
main_bill_dance.jpg

Heck, I even put a picture of me in Mexico deep sea fishing on that "posters picture page".

I'm just humble enough to know that a lot, if not most, of fishing comes down to luck. You can't make a fish bite. I'm sure everyone's had that moment where there's a giant fish sitting right in front of them off the shore over their nest and you're dangling everything you've got right in front of them and no matter what you do they aren't going to bite.

Fishing is more about knowledge than it is skill and knowledge still only gets you so far.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
lostleader said:
That is the key phrase. Little bait robbing blue gill do not count. Lets fish a bass tournament. You would cry, and I would make sure of it!

But see that's where we could go off on another tangent, add a minnow to that same hook and you have yourself an insta-catch bass machine.

Bass tournaments have rules for a reason - because certain things "cheat" when it comes to the "skill" of catching bass with fake lures. They wouldn't have rules on what you could use if skill was all that mattered.

I will take my plastics anyday over live bait. You just got to know what to use, how to se it, and when to use it. Like I said, a lot more to it than you think you know.

Yeah gun season kicks in the monday after thanksgiving. I have a bonus tag to fill before then. If not I have to get another $24 tag. Should be good this weekend. November 12th is picked to be the best day to hunt all year. Good luck.

greenandwhite95 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

I will take my plastics anyday over live bait. You just got to know what to use, how to se it, and when to use it. Like I said, a lot more to it than you think you know.

Really? I mean, I like fishing with the plastic lures but live bait is ALWAYS better at catching the fish. That's just a fact. I guess knowing that makes me a better fisherman lol.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
greenandwhite95 said:
You don't have knowledge to back your story up you keep referencing fishing with your mom or wife. I'm talking about fishing with someone who KNOWS how to fish. I could easily prove it too you. I'm not an IT guy like you so why would I question you about something computer realated or act like I know a lot about it because I have a general knowledge. You are soo thick headed sometimes guy.

main_bill_dance.jpg

Heck, I even put a picture of me in Mexico deep sea fishing on that "posters picture page".

I'm just humble enough to know that a lot, if not most, of fishing comes down to luck. You can't make a fish bite. I'm sure everyone's had that moment where there's a giant fish sitting right in front of them off the shore over their nest and you're dangling everything you've got right in front of them and no matter what you do they aren't going to bite.

Fishing is more about knowledge than it is skill and knowledge still only gets you so far.

You're not humble, you're ignorant. BTW, fish have beds not nests. Keep proving my point please.

greenandwhite95 said:
[quote author=maizeandblue09 board=wolverines thread=3062 post=78156 time=1320886040]

In michigan with all those smallies. Yeah, I'm passing on live bait. Maize when you go fishing to your buddies call you the Masterbater?

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Really? I mean, I like fishing with the plastic lures but live bait is ALWAYS better at catching the fish. That's just a fact. I guess knowing that makes me a better fisherman lol.

I already said anyday you want, I will prove it to you. Live bait is for amateurs.

greenandwhite95 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
main_bill_dance.jpg

You're not humble, you're ignorant. BTW, fish have beds not nests. Keep proving my point please.

He is a sight fisherman, Now that is unsportsmanlike. Destroying those poor fishes bedding area. Now they won't spawn.

Just add some barracudas to your lake then you won't have to fish!

lostleader said:
greenandwhite95 said:
[quote author=maizeandblue09 board=wolverines thread=3062 post=78156 time=1320886040]

In michigan with all those smallies. Yeah, I'm passing on live bait. Maize when you go fishing to your buddies call you the Masterbater?

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

main_bill_dance.jpg

Dude, Skill is a derivative of knowledge... They go hand in hand. You acquire knowledge of your prey and hone you skill from that knowledge to become a better hunter/fisherman. Did Native Americans just send young hunters out to the forest without first teaching them how to hunt or fish? It's all luck anyway, right? Go get 'em tiger. No, that would be absurd. They were taught strategy, and important info to help them be successful.

Ok I have enjoyed this but no way should this have made 12 pages!

All because we have one person who "Just can't understand"

greenandwhite95 said:
You know, I never choose to argue with my kids. I wonder if this is what it would be like.

Doubtful, your kids are probably yet to be ruined by society.

My son is 2 and I have started him early. He would whip MB09 in a fishing contest, using his bare hands. Anything more would be cheating.

greenandwhite95 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

I already said anyday you want, I will prove it to you. Live bait is for amateurs.

So you're changing your stance - fishing with fake lures takes skill....

Dude, Skill is a derivative of knowledge... They go hand in hand. You acquire knowledge of your prey and hone you skill from that knowledge to become a better hunter/fisherman. Did Native Americans just send young hunters out to the forest without first teaching them how to hunt or fish? It's all luck anyway, right? Go get 'em tiger. No, that would be absurd. They were taught strategy, and important info to help them be successful.

Skill is something physical, knowledge is something mental. They don't go hand and hand. For instance, you could know everything there is to know about guns by reading every book out there - then when it comes down to it, you couldn't hit a target five feet in front of you when it came to shooting.

Native Americans hunted with sticks and hand made bows. That does take skill. Hunting with primitive weapons is definitely hard but it was also necessary for them to survive. And for fishing, they couldn't just get a Rapala and some line and go down to the lake. Completely different scenario.

greenandwhite95 said:
You know, I never choose to argue with my kids. I wonder if this is what it would be like.

I can easily say the same about you. There are plenty of people who share the same sentiment as me about hunting. Just because there aren't any, at least aren't any that are speaking up, in this very limited population on a message board doesn't mean anything.

Back