Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL, Kaepernick, Reid decide to resolve pending grievances

I agree 100%

this, I don't agree with. He is probably better than a few starters, most 2nd stringers and every third string QB in the league. However, he put his social justice crusade above his career. It was his choice.

We don't know that. He hasn't played in how long now? 2 1/2 years? He started well then had a couple sub par years and decent enough in '16, though not very accurate. He's almost 32 now, probably slower now. Not sure I understand why others think he has a lot of talent.

All 32 teams have been invited to a private workout for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick this Saturday. It will be interesting to see which teams attend and if anyone finally makes a play for the 32-year-old quarterback who has not been on a team since 2016:
AdamSchefter.
NFL clubs were informed today that a private workout will be held for Colin Kaepernick on Saturday in Atlanta. Session will include on-field work and an interview. All clubs are invited to attend, and video of both the workout and interview will be made available to clubs.

All 32 teams have been invited to a private workout for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick this Saturday. It will be interesting to see which teams attend and if anyone finally makes a play for the 32-year-old quarterback who has not been on a team since 2016:
AdamSchefter.
NFL clubs were informed today that a private workout will be held for Colin Kaepernick on Saturday in Atlanta. Session will include on-field work and an interview. All clubs are invited to attend, and video of both the workout and interview will be made available to clubs.

A workout on a Saturday? Seems like most coaches will be pretty busy getting ready for a game.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...it-lions-should-sign-colin-kaepernick-part-50
Colin Kaepernick would be a perfect fit for the Lions.
Why the Lions need to be at Kaepernick?s workout in Atlanta.
POD

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...entative-colin-kaepernick-workout/4179280002/
Lions plan to send representative to Colin Kaepernick's workout.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-colin-kaepernick-workout-atlanta/4178938002/
Detroit Lions will attend Colin Kaepernick's weekend workout in Atlanta.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/11...ded-colin-kaepernick-workout-on-saturday.html
Detroit Lions will attend Colin Kaepernick workout on Saturday.
Mlive

Last edited:
I would have no problem with Kaepernick signing in Detroit. He said he would be standing for the anthem. Therefore no adding drama to the Lions. And he would be a lot better than Jeff Driskel as a back up to Stafford. Plus he would be great for the Lions on Hard Knocks next season.

Make it happen Quinn.

I would have no problem with Kaepernick signing in Detroit. He said he would be standing for the anthem. Therefore no adding drama to the Lions. And he would be a lot better than Jeff Driskel as a back up to Stafford. Plus he would be great for the Lions on Hard Knocks next season.

Make it happen Quinn.

Are the Lions the Hard Knocks team next season?

Are the Lions the Hard Knocks team next season?

If Kaepernick is on the team, I guarantee we will be.

Right now they would be one of the eligible teams if Patricia is still the coach and we don't make the playoffs.

Last edited:
No workout today. Kap wants to move it to another facility. Only read part of it so now sure why.

Here it is..

“From the outset, Mr. Kaepernick requested a legitimate process and from the outset the NFL league office has not provided one,” the statement said. “Most recently, the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick’s representatives. Additionally, Mr. Kaepernick requested all media be allowed into the workout to observe and film it and for an independent film crew to be there to ensure transparency. The NFL denied this request.”

If he stands for the flag I?d also have zero problem with it he needs to find another way for the social justice activism that doesn?t involve disrespect

Last edited:
If he stands for the flag I?d also have zero problem with it he needs to find another way for the social justice activism that doesn?t involve disrespect

Do we even know he can play? Not sure a workout without 11 guys trying to kill you shows anything.

Lions should sign him and start him...just make it a complete shit show.

He's better than jeff driskel lol. I actually think he could do well in this offense. Qb could keep on the read option a bit more so defenses can't key on the rb.

Back