Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

North Carolina voter ID laws overturned on appeal

I'm not sure those who engage in these voter suppression tactics can live with themselves. It's a blatant attempt to cheat in the election by making it harder for some people to vote. Obviously poorer people are less likely to have a drivers license since they can't afford cars, insurance, etc. ID requirements are likely to impact low income and minority voters more. We should do everything possible to make it easier to vote, hold the election on a weekend, make it a paid holiday, etc. Another tactic is reducing the amount of days where early voting is available, which was a major part of Obama's ground game in 2008. Recently the Pennsylvania governor basically admitted that voter ID was a tactic to discourage democrats from voting

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...-laws-are-gonna-allow-governor-romney-to-win/

"Voter ID laws are okay because getting a government issued photo ID is not burdensome because we don't think it is, and we think there is widespread voter fraud, even though there isn't, and if these policies keep poor people, particularly poor blacks and hispanics, from voting, this is well and good, and not troubling in the least."

-signed
the board's Dumbass Racist Committee
spartanhack, president
jdilco, co-president
tomdalton, secretary
tLiar, president emeritus

Last edited by a moderator:
"Voter ID laws are okay because getting a government issued photo ID is not burdensome because we don't think it is, and we think there is widespread voter fraud, even though there isn't, and if these policies keep poor people, particularly poor blacks and hispanics, from voting, this is well and good, and not troubling in the least."

-signed
the board's Dumbass Racist Committee
spartanhack, president
jdilco, co-president
tomdalton, secretary
tLiar, president emeritus

In person voter fraud is a non existent problem, but we need to dedicate tremendous resources to stopping it!

Same logic used in drug screening welfare recipients.

i simply do not understand how that particular idea keeps getting recycled and promoted anew, AND passing state legislatures and getting implemented, but it's one of those things that undermines the "both sides do it" rationale.

When you get right down to it, why should anyone have to have an ID to do anything?

North Carolina Republicans back at it

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/31/us/politics/election-rules-north-carolina.html

He was referring to a proposal by the board?s two Republicans to allow 106.5 hours of early voting before the Nov. 8 election ? less than a quarter of the time allowed in the 2012 presidential election ? and to limit early balloting to a single polling place in the county seat of a largely rural eastern North Carolina county that sprawls over 403 square miles.

In person voter fraud is a non existent problem, but we need to dedicate tremendous resources to stopping it!

substitute "In person voter fraud" with "Cops murdering unarmed black men" and this sentence becomes a lot more true and a lot less stupid.

substitute "In person voter fraud" with "Cops murdering unarmed black men" and this sentence becomes a lot more true and a lot less stupid.

God damn it Mack, don't you dare turn this into a BLM thread. We already have one and I avoid it like the plague.

latest

God damn it Mack, don't you dare turn this into a BLM thread. We already have one and I avoid it like the plague.

latest

That's not my intention but I don't understand why you posted a picture of michturd playing Luke Skywalker.

Just kidding - I know that's Porkins but I doubt turd imagines himself that way when he's attempting to save the galaxy from his keyboard.

That's not my intention but I don't understand why you posted a picture of michturd playing Luke Skywalker.

Just kidding - I know that's Porkins but I doubt turd imagines himself that way when he's attempting to save the galaxy from his keyboard.

LOL! When you called Porkins "Luke Skywalker" I about busted a gut laughing and even though you explained it was in jest I was too foregone already. Wife thinks I'm insane now.

Last edited:
more proof that in person voter ID fraud doesn't exist - oh, and this also proves Dems don't engage in voter fraud...

http://projectveritas.com/video/hid...sioner-i-think-there-is-a-lot-of-voter-fraud/

it's true, if you ignore all the evidence to the contrary, in person voter fraud doesn't exist. Notice the dem election commissioner also "“You know, I don’t think it’s too much to ask somebody to show some kind of an ID.” hmmmmmm, he must be a racist. LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
more proof that in person voter ID fraud doesn't exist - oh, and this also proves Dems don't engage in voter fraud...

http://projectveritas.com/video/hid...sioner-i-think-there-is-a-lot-of-voter-fraud/

it's true, if you ignore all the evidence to the contrary, in person voter fraud doesn't exist. Notice the dem election commissioner also "?You know, I don?t think it?s too much to ask somebody to show some kind of an ID.? hmmmmmm, he must be a racist. LOLOLOLOLOL

too funny

it's true, if you ignore all the evidence to the contrary, in person voter fraud doesn't exist. Notice the dem election commissioner also "?You know, I don?t think it?s too much to ask somebody to show some kind of an ID.? hmmmmmm, he must be a racist. LOLOLOLOLOL

Wow, you really got me there, smoking gun Mack, you had to be so happy when you saw this. It's one persons anecdote with no facts behind it, so it has to be true.

A Loyola law professor conducted a study of 1 billion votes between 2000-2014 and found a whopping 31 cases of fraud. The justice department under directive from George W Bush found that 0.00000013 percent of ballots cast were fraudulent, there was no evidence that any of these involved in person impersonation. The Brennan Center found that the pursuit of voter fraud legislation disenfranchises legitimate voters without an actual benefit.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/The Truth About Voter Fraud.pdf

but hey, you have your video, so it has to be widespread. No ID, no vote! end early voting too, considering those measures lead to the result you want.

Wow, you really got me there, smoking gun Mack, you had to be so happy when you saw this. It's one persons anecdote with no facts behind it, so it has to be true.

A Loyola law professor conducted a study of 1 billion votes between 2000-2014 and found a whopping 31 cases of fraud. The justice department under directive from George W Bush found that 0.00000013 percent of ballots cast were fraudulent, there was no evidence that any of these involved in person impersonation. The Brennan Center found that the pursuit of voter fraud legislation disenfranchises legitimate voters without an actual benefit.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/The Truth About Voter Fraud.pdf

but hey, you have your video, so it has to be widespread. No ID, no vote! end early voting too, considering those measures lead to the result you want.

I googled Brennan Center for Justice. This is what came up first.

The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University Law School is a nonpartisan, left-leaning law and public policy institute.[2][3][4][5] The Brennan Center advocates for a number of progressive public policy positions, including raising the minimum wage, opposing voter ID laws, and calling for public funding of elections.

I don't think I need to waste my time reading a 50 page report from a biased source.

Back