Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ohio* to run spread offense

Dude, if I wasn't so stoned right now I'd drive over to Chicago and beat the fuck outta you.

bring it.

good luck getting past building security. I'll come down to the lobby and laugh when they taze your ass into submission.

bring it.

good luck getting past building security. I'll come down to the lobby and laugh when they taze your ass into submission.

All I need to do is get to the reception desk to find your bitch ass.

All I need to do is get to the reception desk to find your bitch ass.

hahaha, good luck.

you'd get lost in the building, stoned guy.

they'd find you sitting next to the vending machine eating cheetos, and toss you out. we don't tolerate that kinda crap around here.

hahaha, good luck.

you'd get lost in the building, stoned guy.

they'd find you sitting next to the vending machine eating cheetos, and toss you out. we don't tolerate that kinda crap around here.

Mmmm, cheetos.

I honestly have a bag of them open right now.

Yeah, I really like watching Henne.

I liked Henne too but dude only had one speed ...full throttle. He just never seemed to have the ability to put a lot of touch on some of those mid-range passes. I think that has continued in the NFL too.

I liked Henne too but dude only had one speed ...full throttle. He just never seemed to have the ability to put a lot of touch on some of those mid-range passes. I think that has continued in the NFL too.

Sounds like that's pretty much the only beef with Morris too. Obviously plenty of time for him to develop, but Henne proves that this isn't always an easy skill to learn.

With Henne @ Miami, mid-range touch and accuracy was an issue, but the biggest problem was his big play/bad play ratio. He made some terrible decisions on throws in big spots and piled up quite a few picks, but didn't have the downfield completions to make up for them. Jury's out on whether or not it was the offensive scheme or his ability holding him back. I lean toward the former, but we'll see. Hopefully.

Sounds like that's pretty much the only beef with Morris too. Obviously plenty of time for him to develop, but Henne proves that this isn't always an easy skill to learn.

With Henne @ Miami, mid-range touch and accuracy was an issue, but the biggest problem was his big play/bad play ratio. He made some terrible decisions on throws in big spots and piled up quite a few picks, but didn't have the downfield completions to make up for them. Jury's out on whether or not it was the offensive scheme or his ability holding him back. I lean toward the former, but we'll see. Hopefully.

I think it's the team and scheme. Miami was running the wildcat when Henne started for them. How could they seriously expect him to play being pulled in and out of the game while there running back was playing QB?

He would've done better somewhere else.

I think it's the team and scheme. Miami was running the wildcat when Henne started for them. How could they seriously expect him to play being pulled in and out of the game while there running back was playing QB?

Yeah, I'm a Dolphins fan and watched just about all of his starts, and there's no doubt the wildcat interrupted his flow at times. To me the bigger issue was that he was running an offense suited for Chad Pennington. Definitely not the same skill set there. They brought in a new OC last year so I was hoping for more downfield stuff, but I didn't really see it in the few games before he got hurt. That said, this was a terrible year to start a new offense since there were no offseason workouts, so it's tough to judge him on that.

I wonder what kind of a shot he's going to get in Jacksonville. Gabbert's numbers were pretty poor.

Last edited:

I agree that his talents would be better showcased in a different offense but at the end of the day, Henne seems like a solid back up in terms of NFL ability. Another Todd Collins, perhaps.

Not to knock Denard, 'cause I'm a big fan, but I really miss having a QB with a precision cannon of an arm.

Yeah, well, its cool that you miss it, because its only happened about 3 times since 2000. Navarre's last season and Henne's junior and senior years are pretty much the only times you saw something like that. Its never been a consistent presence at Michigan, like so many people try to say it has been. That Florida D gave up 41 points and 600+ yards that day and that was even with Mike's 2 fumbles.

bring it.

You do realize that eventually you will have to come out and by then his buzz might be worn off...

Yeah, I really like watching Henne.

Yep, he had a few good games when he was healthy and when he wasn't throwing lob passes to Braylon or bouncing it off receiver's chests, because he had to throw the ball 100 mph.

Well, depends on what you're talking about. Arm was full throttle. Legs were that of a statue.

Back