Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ohio* to run spread offense

Nothing. I'm just saying that he wasn't showing his laser accuracy that he later developed and that a lot of MIchigan fans think is commonplace with the typical white Michigan QB.

Your post implied those weren't good games. But I see what you're saying.

I guess I don't understand what you looking for here
Do I think that Tressel went after low character guys? He went after a few guys that had some questions. Mo Clarret was the worst of the guys. I mean Pryor was the #1 recruit in the country so it wasn't like he wasn't being asked to go to a lot of big college's. Its not like he had player after player getting arrested for beating women, fighting, DUI, drugs. I mean there were guys getting in trouble but how do you know a kid is going to get a DUI or something like that.

I think (and have always thought) that Carr's biggest downfall was he stopped getting top guys from Ohio. He stopped going to the place that got Michigan a lot of very good players. Some of that was Tress keeping guys in state but it just seemed that he wasn't able to get as many guys over the boarder. Hoke is from Ohio and knows the talent that he can pluck from the state and if he does what Masterson and him did this year he will be fine.
I liked that hire from the begining, I thought he was a great coach for Ball St. I also like that he is from Ohio, so that means he knows what he is doing :)

My question had nothing to do with the character or talent of the recruits. I am asking specifically about the recruiting practices of the coaches. And secondly about the tactics used to keep recruits. With respect to your comment:
The same shit goes on at every school and it just comes down to if you get caught and how much attention it will get

is that other guy silverbullet97 logging in as his "dumb white trash ohio fan" persona??? Where did he come from?

silverbullet is a good dude ...this other poster seems to need a support group to join.

And you just ignored or missed the point.

Exactly, that's why I wasn't cold. He was just stupid to interpret my post that way. He's a Buckeye, though, so what do you expect? Its not even worth my time to explain it.

It is a funny state of mind that he shows, though. Tressell indirectly paid for his kid's scholarship, so it doesn't matter what he did. As long as rich people give some of their money to others, its ok for them to do whatever they want. Nice attitude.

Last edited:
let's see...theoretical multiple chances at NCs, even winning at least one...

there's a glaring issue here...

all those wins means...

having to watch a coach who...

wears faggot ass sweater vests! i'll take the zero NCs thank you very much and enjoy my team's losing any day!!!

Last edited:
I have to laugh ...this whole Ohio* argument is years and years old and as much as reality hurts, Tressel won precisely as many titles as Carr did and each have their little asterisk if you ask an opposing fanbase.

It's like M fans defending the FabFive 20yrs later or downplaying reality because it hurts our feelings to acknowledge it.

I have to laugh ...this whole Ohio* argument is years and years old and as much as reality hurts, Tressel won precisely as many titles as Carr did and each have their little asterisk if you ask an opposing fanbase.

It's like M fans defending the FabFive 20yrs later or downplaying reality because it hurts our feelings to acknowledge it.

the whole "kids do stupid things" argument is even more annoying at this juncture, because it's entirely misleading.

ohio* didn't get a bowl ban and Tressel wasn't slapped with a show-cause because some kids did dumb things... kids do dumb things at every school.

the whole "kids do stupid things" argument is even more annoying at this juncture, because it's entirely misleading.

ohio* didn't get a bowl ban and Tressel wasn't slapped with a show-cause because some kids did dumb things... kids do dumb things at every school.

Well, that's just where the vast media conspiracy plays a role...

Well, that's just where the vast media conspiracy plays a role...

ah, yeah... the only logical explanation.

Someone here should compile an exhaustive list of all the ridiculous "arguments" they came up with.

Well just in this thread, it has gone something like this:

"We didn't do anything wrong in Columbus but if we did,
Everybody else does it ...
And if not Everybody else does it, Michigan does it and so do other "big programs" ...
And even if we did something, it isn't as bad as it seems because I don't want it to be ...
Because at the end of the day, it's about winning and winning is all that matters ...

So admit it, you'd take cheating to win and getting busted ...over not cheating and not "winning" ...
Because as I'm coming to grips with how I feel about my team, I need to project on to you the same dilemma ...

And I have decided after posting on this board that I am okay with having cheated under Tressel and having gotten caught, because I can rationalize the "cheating" and assume that [because everyone else is doing it] cheating is fine, especially if you win!

Oh ... and having the most wins in college football history is lame because you have to have a history of games before WWII and when players wore leather helmets to have such a claim. We don't count the time period when we wore leather helmets because we got our asses kicked on a routine basis and prefer other time periods.

Last edited:
Back