Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Bowls Thread

OSU lost to Clemson who got beat by 40 by FSU...and OSU fans thought they deserved a shot at the national championship game.

Maybe that should be the B1G new slogan...

The Big Ten Conference -- "We keep it close in bowl games!"

In all seriousness, for all the crap the big ten gets about being weak, they sure seem to match up much higher ranked teams against big ten teams. They like to perpetuate that story. Most games were close you're right. Unranked Iowa against #16 LSU, unranked Nebraska beat #22 Georgia, #18 Wisconsin against #8 S.Car...

Kind of like you felt about 10yrs ago.

Zing!!!

I think you're right though, being a better team than osu was a pipe dream. Now we might get more rexruits with osu offers. Rumor that jamarco jones is wagering.

2 B1G bowl wins.... And one was a step brother program.... Sigh......

Well, champ says that 2 wins was enough to save the B1G's tarnished reputation. I don't know how he came up with that, though.

I think you're right though, being a better team than osu was a pipe dream. Now we might get more rexruits with osu offers. Rumor that jamarco jones is wagering.

Wagering what?

Well, champ says that 2 wins was enough to save the B1G's tarnished reputation. I don't know how he came up with that, though.

Some news sites are lumping md and rutgers with us just to pile on

I took OSU in my pickems and that's usually enough for me to root for a team, but I couldn't do it. I was decidedly against them last night and was happy when they lost.

The loss didn't take the irritation away that MSU and OSU played in BCS games while Michigan got blown out in the chickenwing bowl, though

Last edited:

my point was that MSU's win in the Rose was a big thing as far as redemption went. whether ohio won or lost didn't really matter after that.

Yep, the new B1G went 2-7 in bowl games, Michigan got blown out by a middling big 12 team, but MSU won the Rose Bowl...yep, B1G is redeemed. Thanks, I'm relieved now.

Last edited:
I LOVE how ESPNsucks ran a feature on nwhether the SEC hype (ESPN) is rhetoric or real ...the day of the Bama Vs OU game and Bama loses. There are some really butthurt and petty people in Bristol, CT ...to hat the BigTen so much for creating the BTN.

Back