Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 1

Michchamp

There were a couple games last night that might matter.

Utah easily beat UF.

Minnesota and Nebraska both looked and played like shit. Maybe it was Game 1 nerves, and new coaching issues for Nebraska. Minnesota doesn't really have an excuse... maybe they lost a lot of talent, but they were at home and PJ Fleck doesn't have anybody ready to play on offense.

Tonight our good friends the Spartans go into action vs. CMU. They're 14 pt favs right now. Or were yesterday. I think that's the only interesting game tonight. Hoping the Spartans don't blow it and further drag down our weak strength of schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I?m pretty sure I picked the Spartans to cover in our own little yahoo game somebody sets up every year - I don?t do it because I?m a a neophyte

Also I?m day drinking and I?m at the beach.

But anyways.

Go Green, Go White.

I've said before that I never root against MSU unless "their interests conflict with mine."

But that's not the same thing as picking their opponent to win or cover. This week, I expect the Spartans to cover the meager 14-point spread.

I've said before that I never root against MSU unless "their interests conflict with mine."

But that's not the same thing as picking their opponent to win or cover. This week, I expect the Spartans to cover the meager 14-point spread.

I have heard statistically one doesn?t have to be that much over 50% against the spread to be successful.

Maybe around 55%.

I?ve had a fantasy of just living in my wife?s uncle?s condo in Lake Tahoe during football season and just betting on the same picks I make on this board.

Next year in Jerusalem.

Cade having a good start for Iowa, so far. Two TD passes in the first half & 17 pts. That's like twice as many pts as Iowa scored all last season

Cade having a good start for Iowa, so far. Two TD passes in the first half & 17 pts. That's like twice as many pts as Iowa scored all last season

Is anybody who isn?t me thinking Cade might not have made the mistakes that were made in the semifinals last season?

Joe Milton had a good game for Tenn (when you count rushing yds and TDs). Not sure how good UVa is though.

No. everyone else
moved on.

Okay.

Arch Manning?s dad Cooper has the same stupid face as his two brothers who played in the NFL.

Plus their father who played in the NFL also has the same stupid face.

EDIT: I presumed it would go without saying that young Arch also shares that same stupid face.

Last edited:
It's not ironic, the big ten has been trash for a couple years now

Wait, what?

Two teams to the final four last season - yeah, none of them was Sparty, and Michigan especially pissed away its semifinal opportunity in fairly spectacular manner - but what?

Wait, what?

Two teams to the final four last season - yeah, none of them was Sparty, and Michigan especially pissed away its semifinal opportunity in fairly spectacular manner - but what?

there's a thing some fanbases like to do when their team is down: claim everyone else sucks too, and so nothing matters. their fallback ethos becomes nihilism

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan good = Weak conference.
MSU good = MSU good.

Back