Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Police & Crime aka Man, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva is so Great

if we have a "police and crime" thread on our board, we are officially an Old Fart message board.

please also add sections on Matlock, shuffleboard, registering/collecting social security benefits, and grandchildren

if we have a "police and crime" thread on our board, we are officially an Old Fart message board.

please also add sections on Matlock, shuffleboard, registering/collecting social security benefits, and grandchildren

The governor of California had a major crime meeting in Long Beach today with a whole bunch of mayors and a whole bunch of police chiefs.

Was it about what to do with that pesky DINO Villanueva?

No.

It?s because of the recall

He?s trying to show he?s doing something about the crime wave.

It was here because he?s less popular here than NoCal.

It have never in my life heard anybody be able to say so little using so many words.

You are way closer to this status than you think, and it?s not that bad, actually.

The governor of California had a major crime meeting in Long Beach today with a whole bunch of mayors and a whole bunch of police chiefs.

I?m sure that Governor Lepetomaine got ?harrumphs? out of everyone present.

No.

It?s because of the recall

He?s trying to show he?s doing something about the crime wave.

It was here because he?s less popular here than NoCal.

It have never in my life heard anybody be able to say so little using so many words.

got it, but we can all probably agree that Villanueva is a DINO, right?

I?m sure that Governor Lepetomaine got ?harrumphs? out of everyone present.

why do I always get a warped one?

MrzSi3x2Le1oP9UGA

Last edited:
You are way closer to this status than you think, and it?s not that bad, actually.

I agree. My happiest days have been those where I wake up, DON'T have to work OR talk to anyone, and go do the crossword at a breakfast diner.

gardening is nice too... but not possible to do here at this time of the year due to the heat and goddamn mosquitos. keeping potted plants watered and alive is all I can manage.

Those Matlock reruns do tend to grow on a person.

I kinda hate TV, but I did get hooked on The Rockford Files one boring summer.

I'd turn my ringer off when it was on, like an old person. "GO AWAY I'M WATCHING MY PROGRAM"

Those Matlock reruns do tend to grow on a person.

Never seen a single episode of the series, nor have I played shuffleboard. I did ride my bike 15 miles on Saturday, because I did not have time to read farther.

I kinda hate TV, but I did get hooked on The Rockford Files one boring summer.

I'd turn my ringer off when it was on, like an old person. "GO AWAY I'M WATCHING MY PROGRAM"

I watch very little TV. And for not more than an hour or so at a time. No news whatsoever.

The Rockford Files was based loosely on this series of books, which are excellent.

I watch very little TV. And for not more than an hour or so at a time. No news whatsoever.

The Rockford Files was based loosely on this series of books, which are excellent.

Did McDonald get paid anything by Stephen J. Cannell?

Reading and evaluating the Travis McGee books seems like a dirty job.

EDIT: Wow. He wrote a LOT of novels from which screen versions/adaptations were made.

Last edited:
Did McDonald get paid anything by Stephen J. Cannell?

Not that I am aware.

Reading and evaluating the Travis McGee books seems like a dirty job.

My favorite remains The Girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper.

EDIT: Wow. He wrote a LOT of novels from which screen versions/adaptations were made.

Yet this was the only treatment of the Travis McGee character in cinema Based on the novel The Empty Copper Sea.

Sam Elliot wouldn't have been my 57th choice for the role of Travis.

Not that I am aware.

My favorite remains The Girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper.

Yet this was the only treatment of the Travis McGee character in cinema Based on the novel The Empty Copper Sea.

Sam Elliot wouldn't have been my 57th choice for the role of Travis.

The movie is now just named ?Travis McGee.?

Who would you have chosen for the role?

I think I would go with the guy who played Brett Maverick in that old late 50s black and white TV series.

I forget the guy?s name.

Last edited:
got it, but we can all probably agree that Villanueva is a DINO, right?

Well, he claims he?s a life long Democrat and always will be?but he?s not happy with the strengthening ?woke? progressive wing of the party, especially in LA County.

The Democratic machine supposedly got him elected Sheriff, I don?t know how many of those who were part of the machine that got him elected are still in power.

There are reports that the county Democrats feel betrayed by him.

EDIT: I just realized he?s kinda like Bill Maher that way - a devoted Dem not crazy about woke progressivism.

Last edited:
Tinsel, Fox Business has been yammering all day about Tamale-wood and how a lot of Hollywood productions are moving to New Mexico. I hope Elder wins and turns CA around, it's sad what the demo turds have done to your state.

Last edited:
Back