Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Prince Fielder thoughts?

tigersofjustice

I mean, I personally hate the man now. Aside from totally sucking in the postseason. He's fat, he's lazy. He's horrible at fielding his position. He's making about twice as much as he should if not more.

Please please let us be able to, and willing to, trade him this offseason.

No team will take that contract. It is a mute point unless DD has a magic wand to make the other GM a compete idiot. Hope he can.

No team will take that contract. It is a mute point unless DD has a magic wand to make the other GM a compete idiot. Hope he can.

Somebody took Vernon Wells contract, there is at least one person out there that would take Fielder's deal.

Try to dump him for some pieces ASAP over the offseason. Seen enough. His physique will only accelerate his decline with age. Hes going to slow down much faster than a normal player.

I'd like to think all this was from his off the field issues, but i'm just not sure.

I mean, I personally hate the man now. Aside from totally sucking in the postseason. He's fat, he's lazy. He's horrible at fielding his position. He's making about twice as much as he should if not more.

Please please let us be able to, and willing to, trade him this offseason.

And has a problem that a many of his team mates have slow of foot.

Maybe the Brewers would take him back...that is...IF the Tigers ate 75% of his remaining salary..dlol.

Seems to me that he was better suited for the NL...BUT...the NL soon won't be suitable for him, unless he gets his ass in better shape and his head in the games.

that bitch really fucked his shit up eh. hope he recovers from this but i have never seen a performance like that.....ever. that 3rd base belly flop was was was, i cant even come up with words for it. he is going to get crucified by the media on that. wait until Valenti gets a hold of this one.....wow. lol

Last edited:
He really screwed the pooch in the post season and really most of the season. He doesnt play in a park that favors his hitting approach aka left handed power and he was abysmal most of this year. I wish we could trade him for an upgrade but I dont really see one out there.

Fielder 2009-2011 Away (last 3 years with MIL)

111.24 RC/650 .279 BAVG .404 OBP .503 SLG .907 OPS 8.61 PA/BB 21.27 PA/HR .308 BABIP

Fielder 2012-2013 Away

96.97 RC/650 .283 BAVG .368 OBP .465 SLG .833 OPS 12.12 PA/BB 29.79 PA/HR .308 BABIP

15 Runs Created a year fall off is huge and it can be attributed to the drop in walk rate.

Listen, even at his 2009-2011 levels, Fielder IS NOT a $23 Mil a year player. His 2009-2011 (away) average is 33 HR per year. His Tiger average is about 24 HR a year (away). So his Tiger totals are less value. But, if it is true that Illitch was the one that Fielder be signed, then the dollar amount is less an issue.

The real issue is the drop in walk rate and subsequently the drop in Home Run rate. Which I believe are connected. The Tiger Organization (especially Leyland and Lloyd) preaches being "aggressive" at the plate. Whatever the hell this means, it equals a drop in walk rate.

So, trade Fielder to a team that has a good hitting philosophy, where we pay 75% of the salary, and he reverts back to his old self. Or, change our hitting philosophy (fire DD, Leyland and the coaching staff). See, I am all for the later.

It is what it is..a high priced guy that sucked and that we hope he gets a new outlook on life or something. How do we trade a guy like that..? All those years..?

Fielder 2009-2011 Away (last 3 years with MIL)

111.24 RC/650 .279 BAVG .404 OBP .503 SLG .907 OPS 8.61 PA/BB 21.27 PA/HR .308 BABIP

Fielder 2012-2013 Away

96.97 RC/650 .283 BAVG .368 OBP .465 SLG .833 OPS 12.12 PA/BB 29.79 PA/HR .308 BABIP

15 Runs Created a year fall off is huge and it can be attributed to the drop in walk rate.

Listen, even at his 2009-2011 levels, Fielder IS NOT a $23 Mil a year player. His 2009-2011 (away) average is 33 HR per year. His Tiger average is about 24 HR a year (away). So his Tiger totals are less value. But, if it is true that Illitch was the one that Fielder be signed, then the dollar amount is less an issue.

The real issue is the drop in walk rate and subsequently the drop in Home Run rate. Which I believe are connected. The Tiger Organization (especially Leyland and Lloyd) preaches being "aggressive" at the plate. Whatever the hell this means, it equals a drop in walk rate.

So, trade Fielder to a team that has a good hitting philosophy, where we pay 75% of the salary, and he reverts back to his old self. Or, change our hitting philosophy (fire DD, Leyland and the coaching staff). See, I am all for the later.

I had forgotten how much he had walked..

Last edited:
I'm definitely not willing to give up on him yet....and no one is going to take that contract anyways....not right now. The problem is he will have to play the field at least 1 more year. Although I do think Jim should DH him a bunch of times next year and let VMart play 1st base. And fuck that games played streak. Give him some days off from time to time.

that bitch really fucked his shit up eh. hope he recovers from this but i have never seen a performance like that.....ever. that 3rd base belly flop was was was, i cant even come up with words for it. he is going to get crucified by the media on that. wait until Valenti gets a hold of this one.....wow. lol

Valenti was that fat once, so he can certainly relate.

Fielder was shit this postseason, but so were hunter, infante, jackson, miggy to an extent, iggy, dirks, kelly, etc...basically the whole fucking team except for the starters, JP, and VMart. Prince is getting too much blame, this was a shitty TEAM performance. He's an easy scapegoat because of his very visible defensive and baserunning fuckups and the 0 rbis/homers, but other players were worse (like fucking hunter and his .465 OPS, or the bullpen and their grand slam fetish.)

Fielder was shit this postseason, but so were hunter, infante, jackson, miggy to an extent, iggy, dirks, kelly, etc...basically the whole fucking team except for the starters, JP, and VMart. Prince is getting too much blame, this was a shitty TEAM performance. He's an easy scapegoat because of his very visible defensive and baserunning fuckups and the 0 rbis/homers, but other players were worse (like fucking hunter and his .465 OPS, or the bullpen and their grand slam fetish.)

If Prince was making the same money Infante was, the issue would get far less notice.

Also people seem to blame him for Miggy being at 3rd, and not 1st. Miggy does not want to play 1st, he's made it clear he thinks he's a 3rd baseman, it's not like Prince uprooted him.

And honestly I think Hunter had the worst postseason of anyone, why isn't everyone calling for his head? He could have made the Ortiz GS catch, could have done anything at all the plate, and could have thrown Boegarts out at the plate easily with a half decent throw rather than the dribbler he let loose.

But at least he's not fat right?

Back