Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Prince Fielder thoughts?

If Prince was making the same money Infante was, the issue would get far less notice.

Also people seem to blame him for Miggy being at 3rd, and not 1st. Miggy does not want to play 1st, he's made it clear he thinks he's a 3rd baseman, it's not like Prince uprooted him.

And honestly I think Hunter had the worst postseason of anyone, why isn't everyone calling for his head? He could have made the Ortiz GS catch, could have done anything at all the plate, and could have thrown Boegarts out at the plate easily with a half decent throw rather than the dribbler he let loose.

But at least he's not fat right?
I was gonna mention the contract as part of his visibility too, but then I forgot lol.

Im so, so mad at Hunter (and leyland for not dropping him in the lineup too). His comment that hes shocked our season is done REALLY pissed me off.

HELLO JACKASS, IF YOU HADNT SUCKED SO MUCH MAYBE WE'D STILL BE PLAYING. Fucking asshole.

If Prince was making the same money Infante was, the issue would get far less notice.

Also people seem to blame him for Miggy being at 3rd, and not 1st. Miggy does not want to play 1st, he's made it clear he thinks he's a 3rd baseman, it's not like Prince uprooted him.

And honestly I think Hunter had the worst postseason of anyone, why isn't everyone calling for his head? He could have made the Ortiz GS catch, could have done anything at all the plate, and could have thrown Boegarts out at the plate easily with a half decent throw rather than the dribbler he let loose.

cause a 4th grader can learn how to run bases but fielder cant?

Fielder was shit this postseason, but so were hunter, infante, jackson, miggy to an extent, iggy, dirks, kelly, etc...basically the whole fucking team except for the starters, JP, and VMart. Prince is getting too much blame, this was a shitty TEAM performance. He's an easy scapegoat because of his very visible defensive and baserunning fuckups and the 0 rbis/homers, but other players were worse (like fucking hunter and his .465 OPS, or the bullpen and their grand slam fetish.)

Fielder is/was the Tigers' cleanup hitter, along with being paid like an elite superstar, and he was easily one of the most visible bed-crappers in the lineup. Sure, he doesn't deserve most of the blame for the overall putrid offensive performances, but if grading team offense on a curve, he still gets a big red F for FAIL, along with his craptastic defense and horrific baserunning.

Once AJax was removed from the leadoff spot in the lineup, his bat perked up along with his baserunning, and that was both good and bad news, b/c if Austin is gonna be more comfortable and productive being placed further down, then the Tigers brass likely needs to acquire another leadoff hitter, preferably during the offseason, or before the regular season begins next year.

As far as Iggy, he was a rookie playing in his first postseason series, so if he made a couple of blunders, along with a couple of web-gem worthy plays @ short, he still did very well IMO, taking his postseason inexperience into account.

I already mentioned Hunter in another thread, both he and Omar were big disappointments, Miggy had a nagging/lingering injury excuse. but he had a nearly identical slashline of .250 BA w/a .686 OPS vs the A's in both the '12 and '13 ALDS and was pretty mediocre, if not out and out lousy (by his standards) in the '12 World Series his slashline was.231/.375/.462 with an .837 OPS, 1 homer and merely 3 ribbies.

Last edited:
cause a 4th grader can learn how to run bases but fielder cant?

Sure, what about Ajax, Iggy, and Cabrera? they all made baserunning blunders this series.

How come they can't run as well at a 4th grader, and why aren't you bitching about it?

Sure, what about Ajax, Iggy, and Cabrera? they all made baserunning blunders this series.

How come they can't run as well at a 4th grader, and why aren't you bitching about it?

Miggy failed 3 times verses the same pitcher.. That was frustrating ...Even single miggy was needed at those times..Miggy's was hurt but he has not been as clutch as we normally have seen him... It is really frustrating to see. frustrating to see guys like Ortiz and Victorino clutch up but not our guys..

Last edited:

cause I hate fat people and princess is fucking huuuuuuge.

They over paid for him. He is average hitter at best and a below average fielder. Don't even get me started on his pathetic baserunning skills. He needs to be moved to DH but then what to do with Martinez who is far more valuable.

Put VMart @ 1st or platoon them with Victor getting 66% of the starts there.

1. Prince was paid handsomely to out-perform Infante by several WAR.

2. Biggest reason why people aren't bagging on Torri was that he was definitely engaged in the action. Prince was completely checked out.

3. If you want to bag on the Tigers who most hurt their team's chances of winning, Hunter is not at the top of the list, based on his WPA (Win Expectancy Added) ... he was in the positive for all but one game. Not impressive numbers, but Fielder and Cabrera fared worse in that category.

1. Prince was paid handsomely to out-perform Infante by several WAR.

2. Biggest reason why people aren't bagging on Torri was that he was definitely engaged in the action. Prince was completely checked out.

3. If you want to bag on the Tigers who most hurt their team's chances of winning, Hunter is not at the top of the list, based on his WPA (Win Expectancy Added) ... he was in the positive for all but one game. Not impressive numbers, but Fielder and Cabrera fared worse in that category.

Um....he was in the negative in 5 playoff games, but he is 3rd on the team behind Martinez and Peralta.

The person that had by far the worse WPA was Infante (-.763), followed by Jackson (-.413). Fielder had a -.264 and Cabrera had a .138, both would be negated by one good game.

Best Singe Playoff Game (Offense)

1. Martinez Game 4 (WIN) of OAK Series .266 WPA
2. Peralta Game 1 (WIN) of BOS Series .249 WPA
3. Cabrera Game 5 (WIN) of OAK Series .213 WPA
4. Hunter Game 3 (LOSS) of BOS Series .165 WPA
5. Martinez Game 2 (LOSS) of BOS Series .141 WPA

Worst Single Playoff Game (Offense)

1. Peralta Game 3 (LOSS) BOS Series - .293 WPA
2. Cabrera Game 3 (LOSS) BOS Series - .257 WPA
3. Jackson Game 2 (LOSS) OAK Series - .210 WPA
4. Peralta Game 6 (LOSS) BOS Series - .193 WPA
5. Infante Game 3 (LOSS) BOS Series - .187 WPA

If you remove Game 3 of the BOS Series, where 8 of the 10 offense players were in the negative, the bottom 4 would be:

Infante
Jackson
Iglesias
Hunter

This is opinion only, and likely a prejudiced one at that.

In my opinion he was actually trying too hard (the exact opposite of 'checked out') and trying too hard is just about as bad as not trying at all.

Fielder is a mental midget. I don't hate him. He will meet another bimbo and fall in love and be mashing during the regular season. He will fall short under the pressure of the playoffs and run out of excuses.

Um....he was in the negative in 5 playoff games, but he is 3rd on the team behind Martinez and Peralta.

The person that had by far the worse WPA was Infante (-.763), followed by Jackson (-.413). Fielder had a -.264 and Cabrera had a .138, both would be negated by one good game.

Best Singe Playoff Game (Offense)

1. Martinez Game 4 (WIN) of OAK Series .266 WPA
2. Peralta Game 1 (WIN) of BOS Series .249 WPA
3. Cabrera Game 5 (WIN) of OAK Series .213 WPA
4. Hunter Game 3 (LOSS) of BOS Series .165 WPA
5. Martinez Game 2 (LOSS) of BOS Series .141 WPA

Worst Single Playoff Game (Offense)

1. Peralta Game 3 (LOSS) BOS Series - .293 WPA
2. Cabrera Game 3 (LOSS) BOS Series - .257 WPA
3. Jackson Game 2 (LOSS) OAK Series - .210 WPA
4. Peralta Game 6 (LOSS) BOS Series - .193 WPA
5. Infante Game 3 (LOSS) BOS Series - .187 WPA

If you remove Game 3 of the BOS Series, where 8 of the 10 offense players were in the negative, the bottom 4 would be:

Infante
Jackson
Iglesias
Hunter

I was talking about Boston series only, and Hunter was -WPA in 2 of the 6 games, not 1 of the 6.

This is opinion only, and likely a prejudiced one at that.

In my opinion he was actually trying too hard (the exact opposite of 'checked out') and trying too hard is just about as bad as not trying at all.

Yeah, it's an opinion based on his overall performance. The fielding errors, the base running gaffe, the first-pitch at bats ... seemed to me Prince was playing his own game out there.

I was talking about Boston series only, and Hunter was -WPA in 2 of the 6 games, not 1 of the 6.

Pretty weak. Thumb said he had one of the worst postseasons. You contradict that with a statement. I refute that statement. And now you say you were only talking about the BOS series. OK. Got it.

For the record, Hunter's WPA in the BOS Series

Game 1 = - .084
Game 2 = - .089
Game 3 = .165
Game 4 = .091
Game 5 = .083
Game 6 = .079

Pretty weak. Thumb said he had one of the worst postseasons. You contradict that with a statement. I refute that statement. And now you say you were only talking about the BOS series. OK. Got it.

For the record, Hunter's WPA in the BOS Series

Game 1 = - .084
Game 2 = - .089
Game 3 = .165
Game 4 = .091
Game 5 = .083
Game 6 = .079

I've been wrong many times on this forum, misread posts and made assumptions, internal and external. But I've never lied on it. Or tried to cover my tracks when called out.

If you want to bag on the Tigers who most hurt their team's chances of winning... maybe in the context of this phrase, you might offer me the benefit of the doubt that I was referring to the Boston series only and misinterpreted Thumb's statement. You used to be more civil.

I've been wrong many times on this forum, misread posts and made assumptions, internal and external. But I've never lied on it. Or tried to cover my tracks when called out.

If you want to bag on the Tigers who most hurt their team's chances of winning... maybe in the context of this phrase, you might offer me the benefit of the doubt that I was referring to the Boston series only and misinterpreted Thumb's statement. You used to be more civil.

Agreed I might come across as harsh. I also tend to be wrong from time to time, especially if I am in haste. I accept your intent was pure.

Just now heard on a local TV news station that the Tigers brass will listen to any trade offers for Fielder. With his humongous salary and payroll-stifling (for many ballclubs) 7 years remaining on his contract, I would tend to think that they would really need to be very proactive, rather than merely reactive if they truly want to be rid of Prince.

Also, spockmaster recently posted that he believes that Fielder has a full no-trade clause, if so, then perhaps the ballclub has already received his permission to seek a trade? Seems like Prince having knowledge of the Tigers desire to trade him so soon after agreeing to his every contract whim just two years ago would be...uhh...kinda de-motivational? Ya think?

Last edited:
the clause is to all but 10 teams, i think. dunno what the 10 teams are, but since boras is his agent, id be willing to bet theyre all teams that cant afford his contract.

at any rate, i saw this too on twitter, and theyre only listening. id be floored if he got moved somewhere this offseason.

Back