Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Round Two Dream Pick

Players I'd be watching as 2nd picks are Jenkins, Glenn, Upshaw, Curry, Martin, Adams or Konz. I think we'll look at Pead, James, Hayward, Jones, Sanders, Dennard and maybe Crick for the 3rd. I like the BPA approach, but things can go so many different directions that it's really tough to pick. I don't see us going with three OLs if that happens to be BPA when we pick, but I can't say I'd be stunned if we did either since the OL as been neglected and Backus and Raiola are nearing retirement.

Jenkins paid his price and collectivley the NFL gave him a little spanking...can't see him being around long in round 2.

but then...I didn't see either DeCastro or Reiff there at 23.

Same here. I never really considered Reiff as a realistic option for us at #23, so the pick was surprising from that standpoint. I like Reiff, but I almost wanted to see Glenn or DeCastro taken instead because I had spent more time reading up on them as potential targets. Regardless, we had our pick of very good OL and there's still lots of talent left on the board for the next few rounds.

Players I'd be watching as 2nd picks are Jenkins, Glenn, Upshaw, Curry, Martin, Adams or Konz. I think we'll look at Pead, James, Hayward, Jones, Sanders, Dennard and maybe Crick for the 3rd. I like the BPA approach, but things can go so many different directions that it's really tough to pick. I don't see us going with three OLs if that happens to be BPA when we pick, but I can't say I'd be stunned if we did either since the OL as been neglected and Backus and Raiola are nearing retirement.

hmm, Id say almost all your 2nd round players to watch will be gone in the first 12 picks....could be wrong

hmm, Id say almost all your 2nd round players to watch will be gone in the first 12 picks....could be wrong

I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade up for one of those guys either. I don't think it will cost a ton to move up today since moving up in the 1st seemed relatively cheap yesterday. Could be wrong, but I think we could probably give up a couple late picks to get a guy we covet.

Anyone think we can stay put and land Brandon Boykins? I really like his game. Pretty damn gifted athletically and can also help out in the return game.

With that said, if the price isn't stupid, MOVE UP AND GRAB JENKINS! We would officially be a damn good team.

I trust Mayhew to make the right move though. Hes given us no reason not to.

Anyone think we can stay put and land Brandon Boykins? I really like his game. Pretty damn gifted athletically and can also help out in the return game.

With that said, if the price isn't stupid, MOVE UP AND GRAB JENKINS! We would officially be a damn good team.

I trust Mayhew to make the right move though. Hes given us no reason not to.

very doable

Moving up to get in front of Philly in the 2nd round would probably cost us a 5th. That's not too high a price for Jenkins.

I think you'll have to go up into the top 5-8 of the 2nd round

I don't think so, but it's hard to say, especially if the interest on Jenkins is picking up as hot as some people are saying.

Looking at the teams in front of Philly, the only one I can see who has a big need at CB would be St. Louis. And I don't see Fisher getting snakebitten again by a high round CB with a ton of red flags. Pacman Jones should have scared him off of that already, but I sure don't think he will do it his first year as a new coach.

I think if we trade up to #44 where the Chiefs are sitting, we could still land Jenkins. Of course, you'd never make that move unless you knew he was going to be there and someone else wasn't going to leapfrog you.

There are several ways Detroit can go but why trade up for a player with red flags? There are other good players we can take that don't say "prison" in two years.

Gotta remember that 2 or 3 QBs are probably likely to be drafted in the 2nd Round. Should help push players we want back to us. Plus other OTs and DTs, Couple of WRs and TEs will go before us as well.

Gotta remember that 2 or 3 QBs are probably likely to be drafted in the 2nd Round. Should help push players we want back to us. Plus other OTs and DTs, Couple of WRs and TEs will go before us as well.

Those QB could easily be pushed to the 3rd. If Cousins is drafted anywhere on day 2, that team is crazy.

Denver, Seattle, and Kansas City I could see going QB. Well probably 2 of them will. List of guys I believe will be taken before us:

TE Fleener
WR Hill
QB Cousins
QB Osweiler
DT Worthy
DE Upshaw
OT Martin
OL Glenn
WR Randle
LB David
DT Still

Denver, Seattle, and Kansas City I could see going QB. Well probably 2 of them will. List of guys I believe will be taken before us:

TE Fleener
WR Hill
QB Cousins
QB Osweiler
DT Worthy
DE Upshaw
OT Martin
OL Glenn
WR Randle
LB David
DT Still

thats half-way to our pick......

Casey Hayward in the 2nd
Trumaine Johnson or Brandon Taylor in the 3rd

Guys, we can not go into next year with our starting DB's being Houston, Lacey, A Smith, Delmas, Speivey and a bunch of developmental picks. They wanted DB yesterday but Barron and Gilmore were gone so early that they just let the draft come to them.

#2 corner or replacing Speivey is a MUST in round 2 imo! Add to that the fact a stud corner with some red flags is sitting there just waiting for us to take advantage of the situation, c'mon!

Gotta remember only ~50% of second rounders end up being NFL starters. I think there's a better than 50% chance Jenkins doesn't bust and becomes a stud.

Guys, we can not go into next year with our starting DB's being Houston, Lacey, A Smith, Delmas, Speivey and a bunch of developmental picks. They wanted DB yesterday but Barron and Gilmore were gone so early that they just let the draft come to them.

#2 corner or replacing Speivey is a MUST in round 2 imo! Add to that the fact a stud corner with some red flags is sitting there just waiting for us to take advantage of the situation, c'mon!

Gotta remember only ~50% of second rounders end up being NFL starters. I think there's a better than 50% chance Jenkins doesn't bust and becomes a stud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o

I would like a CB or another OL IF they aren't a reach, I trust MM and Co. to do the right thing..

Back