Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Royals at Tigers Game Thread August 29th

This feels way too much like 09 when the Tigers were up 7 games with 26 to go and got swept by the Royals and never recovered after that. Well, at least it is only 1 game and this year the twins aren't chasing.

Wish Below was brought in earlier. Well, now there is a lot more work to do. Come on offense, Hochevar is a bum.

It's a bit ridiculous to say the sky is falling four innings into a four game series.

Edit: 3 and a half innings

On the bright side I like most of what I've seen this year from Below.

jdbaker1 said:
This feels way too much like 09 when the Tigers were up 7 games with 26 to go and got swept by the Royals and never recovered after that. Well, at least it is only 1 game and this year the twins aren't chasing.
Please don't remind us.. If history repeats itself, this coaching staff has to got to go.. NO excuses anymore..

tigers99888 said:
TigerMud said:
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. JV didn't have great outting his last start either, Porcello, Penny and now MAX all sucking with a more down to earth JV would not be good here. We could still blow this again.
Jeff Jones isn't shit.. Should have never gotten rid of Rick Knapp.. That was a fucking cop out..

I was just thinking about that. Didn't really understand that move when it was made.

If you ever hear national MLB broadcasts, it seems they were already pegging the Tigers for the playoffs.. I don't get why that would be the case with only a 6 game lead.. Seems like they want to jinx them..

tigers99888 said:
If you ever hear national MLB broadcasts, it seems they were already pegging the Tigers for the playoffs.. I don't get why that would be the case with only a 6 game lead.. Seems like they want to jinx them..

Probably just quick statistics. The Yankees are only 6.5 ahead of the Rays for the Wild Card, but I doubt anyone expects the Rays to make it.

Back