Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shake up rumours

cheeno they dont get it man......we need a guy opposite calvin that can stretch the field. They think picking titus who cant seperate from anyone was a good pick. Theres no arguing against that.....the mental part just made the pick even worse.....but it was already a busted pick before he went off the deep end cause the guy cant get open.

Agreed that Titus isnt' the best speed outside WR in the world but he has some talent there. Plus it takes WRs 2-3 years usually anyway. Titus rookie year was more than solid too. He has good hands and did catch some deep balls. Against KC, Minnesota and wide open against Denver come to mind and some clutch catches against Minnesota, the Raiders and Dallas in the comebacks. But we sure did need a slot receiver for the future to replace Burleson and Broyles was a good future pick for that. One thing at a time.

Maybe the Titus freak out is for the best that we can get a better speed WR than what Titus could offer. WRs

has nothing to do with his head....he didnt produce. he couldnt get open on the outside....even when calvin had triple coverage opposite him. Hes not good and definitely not a 2nd round talent. They did a poor job scouting what he would be in the NFL. He gets manhandled and then gets frustrated when he does and turns into some punk on the corner of 8 mile and starts throwing punches. Hes a retard....but thats after the fact that hes just not a verry good football player.

Randall Cobb, Torey Smith? Hate to be captain hindsight with two guys I wasn't clamouring for but I don't get paid as a scout/gm.

has nothing to do with his head....he didnt produce. he couldnt get open on the outside....even when calvin had triple coverage opposite him. Hes not good and definitely not a 2nd round talent. They did a poor job scouting what he would be in the NFL. He gets manhandled and then gets frustrated when he does and turns into some punk on the corner of 8 mile and starts throwing punches. Hes a retard....but thats after the fact that hes just not a verry good football player.

He was projected a 2nd-3rd round pick in the 2011 draft.

Come again?

Every team deals with injuries, and headcases. It's the NFL. Broyles was a risky pick, and Tidus had attitude problems in college. I don't feel one iota of sympathy for Mayhew. The record does not lie, and from 2009-2012, the Lions are 22-42. Parody exists in the NFL, but for whatever reason, the Lions seem to not be able to take advantage of it.

Sure they do..lol. The kid can take the top off the defense. He just needs his attitude adjusted and needs to know his role. He'll get ONE more chance.

If he does there is no accountability on this team.

If he does there is no accountability on this team.

Agreed if Titus is back I'll be pissed. Cut your losses while you can. Cap wise they'l have about 4 million in dead money from Burelson 3.1 and Titus Young (900K).

Find a cheap speed WR in free agency.

Agreed if Titus is back I'll be pissed. Cut your losses while you can. Cap wise they'l have about 4 million in dead money from Burelson 3.1 and Titus Young (900K).

Find a cheap speed WR in free agency.

is this a good time to bring up that we wasted a 5th round pick on mike thomas? lol :D

Last edited:
Big names Bowe and Jennings. Too costly obviously

In the slot Welker and Amendola. Rams keep Amendola for sure. Welker too costly.

Speed Mike Wallace(headcase). Too costly.

No name Kevin Ogletree.

is this a good time to bring up that we wasted a 5th round pick on mike thomas? lol :D

A 2014 5th round pick. Valued at a 6th round pick in terms of 2013.

Yes another slot receiver but a utility man for punts and kickoffs. Further proof Burleson gone with cap number.

I agree to a point. They need to see whats out there in free agency then

Would love a proven commodity. Throwing the ball around is our identity, lets admit we shit the bed, wipe our ass and move forward. Will they do that? I don't know, it takes balls. I think Young has a shot at coming back too tony. It fits with their MO. He might even do well...for awhile.

Would love a proven commodity. Throwing the ball around is our identity, lets admit we shit the bed, wipe our ass and move forward. Will they do that? I don't know, it takes balls. I think Young has a shot at coming back too tony. It fits with their MO. He might even do well...for awhile.

hey, i just don't want to see them drafting another WR. There are plenty of guys on the cheap at WR they can look at.

id be fine with burleson taking a pay cut....havent looked into the FA possibilities tbh.

id be fine with burleson taking a pay cut....havent looked into the FA possibilities tbh.

Scratch that he could just agree to take the pay cut. I could see that happening actually. But again he's a slot WR and not a speed deep threat the Lions need like Titus was supposed to be. Pretty good Broyles injury insurance though if they can get Burleson back on the cheap. There would be worse things than having Burleson back on the outside on a cheaper contract when Broyles is in the slot.

I hope Pettigrew gets his act together with efficiency and run blocking. Gutsy move by him trying to play on the injured ankle on Sunday.

Last edited:
Back