Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shake up rumours

you don't understand shit.

Leshoure and Broyles didn't produce? Wtf are you watching? Leshoure ran hard, scored a nice handful of TDs and rushed for 800 yards. He probably would have came even closer or reached a 1,000 yards if not for the missed games.
Broyles wasn't even supposed to dress this year! When he played, he was starting to come into his own and Stafford trusted him immediately. He wasn't a luxury pick, when it REALITY he was a NEED.
And keep calling Reiff a FB. It just proves my point over and over again. Good job!

Last edited:
Broyles isnt an outside receiver......he has nothing to do with burleson. Now youre just making shit up.

Burleson is used in the slot on third downs. Titus was hardly used in the slot. The plan was Titus on the outside with 2 receivers and Burleson was in the slot a ton with 3 receivers. However, Titus couldn't beat out Burleson when it was 2 receivers and they saved Broyles from his injury early in the year.

Last edited:
If you are defending the wide receiver position then the conversation is over, you can't argue with a fucking madman.

And just so we are crystal freaking clear

Burleson was used 58% of the time in the slot on his 643 routes in 2011
Titus Young was used 6.2% of his 486 routes in the slot in 2011

Burleson was the slot receiver except when they moved Calvin in there (18.9 % of Calvins routes) to try to open Calvin up with a 2 way go.

Last edited:
Defending the WR position how? I'm not actually.

Not you tony, LKP. Their plan to address the wideout poistion outside of Calvin sucked. We are now drafting, searching for another one this year. Pathetic.

The decisions sucked. They did. My words but still true.

Decisions sucked..maybe. Nobody really knew Young would turn into a monster in his 2nd year, did they? He had a great rookie campaign. He was supposed to be our #2, but he's an idiot.
Then he had some off field shit go down and a couple of costly penalties his rookie year down the stretch. That's why i think Broyles was brought in. That. and Burleson getting a little long in the tooth and his cap number. The pick made sense.

No, im defending it a bit..lol. Imagine if Young had his head in check and Broyles was injury free? That trio would be sick.

Last edited:
2012 Youngs on 410 routes was used in the slot 6.8%
Burleson on 241 routes was used in the slot on 45.7%
Broyles on 190 routes was used in the slot 64%

Titus Young is clearly not our slot receiver hughes as only 6% are in the slot. Burleson was the slot on 3rd down and Broyles is his replacement.

Not you tony, LKP. Their plan to address the wideout poistion outside of Calvin sucked. We are now drafting, searching for another one this year. Pathetic.

It's a pretty good plan to replace an aging Burleson with another talented slot receiver in Broyles. Bad luck with the other knee.

Young wasn't a head case before the 2012 draft. He's their outside speed receiver. Two slot receivers and an outside speed receiver. Sounds like a good plan to me. But Young freaking out on Mayhew is not Mayhews fault either.

There are so many WR's available next year through FA. They better not draft one.

cheeno they dont get it man......we need a guy opposite calvin that can stretch the field. They think picking titus who cant seperate from anyone was a good pick. Theres no arguing against that.....the mental part just made the pick even worse.....but it was already a busted pick before he went off the deep end cause the guy cant get open.

Decisions sucked..maybe. Nobody really knew Young would turn into a monster in his 2nd year, did they? He had a great rookie campaign. He was supposed to be our #2, but he's an idiot.
Then he had some off field shit go down and a couple of costly penalties his rookie year down the stretch. That's why i think Broyles was brought in. That. and Burleson getting a little long in the tooth and his cap number. The pick made sense.

No, im defending it a bit..lol. Imagine if Young had his head in check and Broyles was injury free? That trio would be sick.

And if we had Best? Even better...but...for whatever reason all wrong decisions. Mayhew gets paid to make the right ones...too much of a consistent record to chalk it all up to bad luck.

This team CANNOT waste another pick on a slot receiver. If it's in the 6th round, fine. But the 1st day draft needs to see defense, defense, and more defense. I would be absolutely stunned if they took a WR early. But, then again, it's the Lions, so I guess I wouldn't.

When Titus was drafted I saw him as the guy opposite CJ. Someone who might not catch a ton of passes but was a down-field threat with a big YPC. He was never suppose to be our slot guy.

cheeno they dont get it man......we need a guy opposite calvin that can stretch the field. They think picking titus who cant seperate from anyone was a good pick. Theres no arguing against that.....the mental part just made the pick even worse.....but it was already a busted pick before he went off the deep end cause the guy cant get open.

What was he doing his rookie year? He runs a 4.4 40. Stop talking out of your ass.

I know. No bad decisions just bad luck.

It's a pretty good plan to replace an aging Burleson with another talented slot receiver in Broyles. Bad luck with the other knee.

Young wasn't a head case before the 2012 draft. He's their outside speed receiver. Two slot receivers and an outside speed receiver. Sounds like a good plan to me. But Young freaking out on Mayhew is not Mayhews fault either.

has nothing to do with his head....he didnt produce. he couldnt get open on the outside....even when calvin had triple coverage opposite him. Hes not good and definitely not a 2nd round talent. They did a poor job scouting what he would be in the NFL. He gets manhandled and then gets frustrated when he does and turns into some punk on the corner of 8 mile and starts throwing punches. Hes a retard....but thats after the fact that hes just not a verry good football player.

And if we had Best? Even better...but...for whatever reason all wrong decisions. Mayhew gets paid to make the right ones...too much of a consistent record to chalk it all up to bad luck.

I agree, but Mayhew has had some terrible luck, no? Broyles hurting the OTHER knee and Titus going apeshit? C'mon man, that hurts.

Back