Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So Many Questions

alonzomoseley

1. I'm 48 years old. Will I live long enough to see Michigan score a touchdown against MSU?

2. Has Fitz Touissant ever broken a tackle?

3. Why does MSU seem to have tougher football players than UM year after year after year?

4. Can anyone deny that the bloom is off Brady Hoke's rose?

5. In Hoke's third year, is the situation better than it was he got to UM?

6. How bad is it going to feel when D'Shawn Hand goes to Alabama?

7. And why wouldn't he?

8. Who was the better QB today, Devin or Connor Cook?

9. Who is softer, Devin Funchess or Fitz?

10. Do all kids whose dad's played in the NFL automatically get 5 stars?

11. How much money would it take to pry Mark Dantonio away from MSU? I'll contribute whatever I can spare. Brady certainly talks a good game. But one guy talks about having a tough aggressive team, and the other produces one.

Can't remember being so disheartened about Michigan football. I really bought it when Hoke was hired. After the last several weeks, I don't have any faith in this regime.

talk about an overreaction.
If this team had played well for weeks and just gagged today, it would be an overreaction. Akron was an embarrassment. UConn was an embarrassment. Penn State was an embarrassment. What we're watching today is the kind of stuff that gets a coach pulled off the bus before the ride back to campus.

1. I'm 48 years old. Will I live long enough to see Michigan score a touchdown against MSU?

2. Has Fitz Touissant ever broken a tackle?

3. Why does MSU seem to have tougher football players than UM year after year after year?

4. Can anyone deny that the bloom is off Brady Hoke's rose?

5. In Hoke's third year, is the situation better than it was he got to UM?

6. How bad is it going to feel when D'Shawn Hand goes to Alabama?

7. And why wouldn't he?

8. Who was the better QB today, Devin or Connor Cook?

9. Who is softer, Devin Funchess or Fitz?

10. Do all kids whose dad's played in the NFL automatically get 5 stars?

11. How much money would it take to pry Mark Dantonio away from MSU? I'll contribute whatever I can spare. Brady certainly talks a good game. But one guy talks about having a tough aggressive team, and the other produces one.

Can't remember being so disheartened about Michigan football. I really bought it when Hoke was hired. After the last several weeks, I don't have any faith in this regime.

1. Venting, of course you will.

2. Maybe. I agree; dude sucks. I've seen enough of him. The OLine sucks, and I think even the coaches have relied on that as an excuse for him. But his vision is awful, and you're right, he goes down too easy.

3. UM smacked them pretty good last year.

4. ABSOLUTELY. Guys jumped the RR ship way before November of year 3. As I posted in the gameday thread, this guy wasn't brought here for his coaching prowess. IIRC, his career record was sub .500 but because he knew and loved UM, that trumped it, given the last guy they hired. Hoke has to get better, and my opinion of him as a gameday coach has most certainly soured.

5. Yes it is. I will say that. UM has better players and depth. How they're coached on Saturdays leaves much to be desired.

6. Eh, who knows at this point.

7. Valid. But UM's last couple big DL recruits haven't done jack. Campbell was a bust, and I know Pipkins is hurt, but what did he do before the injury? Hand might recognize that and stay away.

8. Devin. Come on, dude. Gardner behind MSU's OLine vs. Cook behind Michigan's? Give me a break.

9. Fitz.

10. What?

11. Don't want him.

Ah, Funchess is great, and Cook was sucky, just had protection.

If little brother had a decent QB, and a really good WR, they could be a NCAA contender. If Funchess and Gardner were playing for State they would be favored over ohio.

2. Maybe. I agree; dude sucks. I've seen enough of him. The OLine sucks, and I think even the coaches have relied on that as an excuse for him. But his vision is awful, and you're right, he goes down too easy.

4. ABSOLUTELY. Guys jumped the RR ship way before November of year 3. As I posted in the gameday thread, this guy wasn't brought here for his coaching prowess. IIRC, his career record was sub .500 but because he knew and loved UM, that trumped it, given the last guy they hired. Hoke has to get better, and my opinion of him as a gameday coach has most certainly soured.

5. Yes it is. I will say that. UM has better players and depth. How they're coached on Saturdays leaves much to be desired.

7. Valid. But UM's last couple big DL recruits haven't done jack. Campbell was a bust, and I know Pipkins is hurt, but what did he do before the injury? Hand might recognize that and stay away.

8. Devin. Come on, dude. Gardner behind MSU's OLine vs. Cook behind Michigan's? Give me a break.

9. Fitz.

10. What?

11. Don't want him.

10. Kalis

You're correct. Michigan is Little Brother.

Michigan is the Big Sister. Misogynists think making the gender female is an insult, but people that think that are dumb. I've always thought of Michigan as female, "Goddess of the Inland Seas".

Last edited:

9. Fitz.

10. What?

11. Don't want him.

1. I'd be interested to know what you project as my life expectancy.

Michigan is the Big Sister. Misogynists think making the gender female is an insult, but people that think that are dumb. I've always thought of Michigan as female, "Goddess of the Inland Seas".

Lol.

+1

:cheers:

Wow.

Very poetic.

Maybe somebody should write a song about this.

Lol.

+1

:cheers:
In case you haven't heard the lyrics:

Sing no more the fair Aegean where the floating Cyclads shine,
Nor the honeyed slopes Hyblaean, Nor the blue Sicilian brine,
Sing no storied realms of morning, Robed in twilight memories:
Sing the land beyond adorning with her zone of inland seas.

Lo, the sacred fires of knowledge in thy temple are enshrined.
Through the cloisters of thy college, Chouses eternal wind!
And all other incense scorning, Michigan we bring the these:
Hearts of ours, and songs of dawning, Goddess of the inland seas.

Last edited:
I've got to go eat crow now. Later.

(Not to be confused with going to the crows, eant eis korakas.)

Well, it is Brady Hoke's 3rd year. He said that if they did not make it to the B1G championship it would be a failed season. So, it looks like it is going to be a failed season. Where does this program go from here? He has got to make changes. If he doesn't, and next year is the same as this year, his job should be at risk. I think clearly there needs to be a change at the OC. This team has three weapons in DG, Funchess, and Gallon. Borges doesn't seem to know how to use these weapons, let alone the other developing weapons, to mount an effective offense. The O line looks like it is non-existent and there is no RB on this team. Who is the blocking coach? Fitz can not run or block. He was given more than a fair chance. I thought it was a good decision to start him at the beginning of the season since he was a senior and went out last year due to injury. He has shown that he can't play. Time to start the development of the next guy. Green couldn't play any worse and the team will need him to be good next year and in the future. Time to start developing him now. Does the team have a RB coach? I am sick to death of watching the RBs hesitate at the line, trip over themselves, and go down at the first hit. Did you see during this game that when the sparty RB hit the line they kept driving and the rest of the O came in behind to push them forward? Can't do that when the RB goes down immediately. DG is still having trouble taking care of the ball. Got to get that addressed for next year or he turns into a liability instead of a strength. He can be a strength, but not when he is dropping the ball and throwing ints. And no more stupid penalties! Some of these penalties have been unbelievably stupid and have come at the worst times. The players should be afraid to make such stupid penalties. Coach should be grabbing them by the facemask when they come to the sideline and chewing their asses out. Hoke better step up. He is the coach at Michigan fergodsakes!

Last edited:
Back