Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Status of Denard's elbow update thread

redandguilty

It's a re-aggravation of a nerve injury. Hoke said it's like getting hit in the funny bone, but he's not saying much about how long he expects it to take to heal yet.
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/10/denard_robinson_sidelined_with.html

It does say Hoke was asked if he was concerned whether or not Denard would return next week, and Hoke said "no", but I'm not really sure what was meant there. Maybe I can find the video somewhere.

Last edited:
Well, then he's the only one not concerned. I think he should be concerned.

and the injury isn't that funny.

He has to act like he's not concerned. That's his persona. That's how he feels like a coach leads.

We won't beat Minny next week if Denard is out and that's just sad. Nick did beat them in RR's first year so you never know. Northwestern is gonna be tough and Iowa just plain blows.

OK I dont understand is if he had an injured elbow why wasnt he wearing some kind of pad on it?

I have bruised my funny bone beofre and if thats what he did let me tell you it takes awhile to fully heal and even the slightest tap near it and your whole hand will go numb for a while with searing pain down your entire arm. Hurts like hell. I am very worried that our season is fucked right now. I would rather see Devin at QB lets see what he can do.

He has to act like he's not concerned. That's his persona. That's how he feels like a coach leads.

No, He doesn't have to act like that. He could just be honest and say, "I am concerned and I do care about the condition of my QB."

No, He doesn't have to act like that. He could just be honest and say, "I am concerned and I do care about the condition of my QB."

He could also wear a blue belt with blue pants. Black belt and blue pants, come on!

OK I dont understand is if he had an injured elbow why wasnt he wearing some kind of pad on it?

I have bruised my funny bone beofre and if thats what he did let me tell you it takes awhile to fully heal and even the slightest tap near it and your whole hand will go numb for a while with searing pain down your entire arm. Hurts like hell. I am very worried that our season is fucked right now. I would rather see Devin at QB lets see what he can do.

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe they couldn't because it hindered his throwing motion and he doesn't need anything hindering his throwing motion with how things have gone this season. If he is good to go for Minny, I hope they can come up with some kind of padding to protect his elbow. The fall he took on it looked pretty slight, so if they can't protect it, you can be sure it will be injured again and again with the slightest impact, and you can bet other teams will be going after his elbow because it shuts down the Michigan O completely. And it is not going to take any kind of cheap shot, just a bump. And that is very bad given that Bellomy showed that he is just not ready to play.

I can't believe that Hoke didn't check to see if Denard could come back in during the game. If he didn't then I have to question his in-game leadership. I don't have a problem with his not wearing a headset, but as Head Coach he has to step in and make decisions and adjustments during the game when things are not working. Otherwise he is just there to watch the game, and that is not good enough for a Head Coach. That was an important game for getting to the B1G Championship fergodsake!

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe they couldn't because it hindered his throwing motion and he doesn't need anything hindering his throwing motion with how things have gone this season. If he is good to go for Minny, I hope they can come up with some kind of padding to protect his elbow. The fall he took on it looked pretty slight, so if they can't protect it, you can be sure it will be injured again and again with the slightest impact, and you can bet other teams will be going after his elbow because it shuts down the Michigan O completely. And it is not going to take any kind of cheap shot, just a bump. And that is very bad given that Bellomy showed that he is just not ready to play.

I can't believe that Hoke didn't check to see if Denard could come back in during the game. If he didn't then I have to question his in-game leadership. I don't have a problem with his not wearing a headset, but as Head Coach he has to step in and make decisions and adjustments during the game when things are not working. Otherwise he is just there to watch the game, and that is not good enough for a Head Coach. That was an important game for getting to the B1G Championship fergodsake!

What do you mean? Standing there doing nothing with a dejected look on your face isn't enough to win the game?

Is this called ulnar nerve dysfunction?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001793/

I don't like the comment. What? Are we not allowed to pick apart the coach's comments anymore?

This has nothing to do with football. We talk about and debate about play calls, personnel decisions, strategies, etc.

His comments you picked apart had as much impact on the outcome of the game as the color of his belt and pants. You're picking apart how you'd prefer a coach to act. That's a battle a coach will never win. For every person who picks apart his comments like you did, there's someone fine with it. Talk football, not personality preferences with a coach.

The same people who criticize Bobby Knight for yelling too much are the same people who think guys like Krzyzewski don't show enough emotion.

Now, we can talk about coaches comments if a coach unfairly blamed a player, threw a player under the bus, acted like a fool with an official, etc. This isn't that.

This has nothing to do with football. We talk about and debate about play calls, personnel decisions, strategies, etc.

His comments you picked apart had as much impact on the outcome of the game as the color of his belt and pants. You're picking apart how you'd prefer a coach to act. That's a battle a coach will never win. For every person who picks apart his comments like you did, there's someone fine with it. Talk football, not personality preferences with a coach.

The same people who criticize Bobby Knight for yelling too much are the same people who think guys like Krzyzewski don't show enough emotion.

Now, we can talk about coaches comments if a coach unfairly blamed a player, threw a player under the bus, acted like a fool with an official, etc. This isn't that.

Oh now we have to follow bamf's rules. If I don't like a comment, I'll point it out. You don't like my comment about the coach's comment...whoopdeedoo!! I think its stupid to have a coach say that he doesn't care about the health of his starting QB, the only QB that can do anything at all with the Michigan offense. Is that my opinion? Yes, it is.

I think that answering "no" to the question "are you concerned about Denard's elbow?" is not the same as "Hoke doesn't care about Denard's elbow".

Thats going to be an awesome talking point for the nfl interviews:

"soooo....you missed some time this year cause you hit your funny bone. Tell us a bit about that."

Thats going to be an awesome talking point for the nfl interviews:

"soooo....you missed some time this year cause you hit your funny bone. Tell us a bit about that."

"well, you see, i got a boo-boo on it"

Oh now we have to follow bamf's rules. If I don't like a comment, I'll point it out. You don't like my comment about the coach's comment...whoopdeedoo!! I think its stupid to have a coach say that he doesn't care about the health of his starting QB, the only QB that can do anything at all with the Michigan offense. Is that my opinion? Yes, it is.

So I guess really, we agree on this. We agree that we disagree with each other's comments.

I'm cool with that. You?

I have an ulnar nerve condition called cubital tunnel. It sucks. Lost and regained feeling in my ring and pinky fingers. Took months of pt. Surgery is common and not always successful

Back