Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh is a fucking mental midget

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="The Mad Bomber":lhwql9tc]I agree that NFL officials - while not on the same level as NBA Officials - absolutely call the game according to tendancy.

Nevermind the Hands to the Face, or the Holding, or the Horse Collar calls - those are mostly accurate - sometimes they fuck one up, but they're human.

Pass Interference is a joke in this NFL
Roughing the Passer is a joke in this NFL
Helmet to Helmet contact calls are almost always miss calls. Rarely get that call right.
Chop Blocks are CONSTANTLY missed

I agree with you ...The ref's are a joke and the lions and Packers game get the crew that has that calls the most flags...it makes you wonder...[/quote:lhwql9tc]

There was an article on Yahoo yesterday where someone talked about how horrible the officials were in the Lions/Pack game but he said it will be completely overshadowed by the Suh incident.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
SLICK said:
more access than I do ?? lol , not much...Schwartz closes practices and media doesn't get a whole lot of interview time with players under Schwartz...

he gets paid to write an opinion , and I've read his shit for a few years now...he's wrong more then he is right.

dont buy into the hype Bob....try and form your own opinion I guarantee you it'll be a more accurate one the Brain Van Ochtens.

Whatever Slick i don't have to agree with you do I.. I was just passing along information. He said on air yesterday that he had a 20 minute private conversation with jim after last years thanksgiving game because as you know NFL coaches cannot comment about league officials and Jim was swearing every other word about how the Lions were unfairly being targeted by the NFL ref's.. ( Jim seemed pretty pissed after a few calls Thursday didn't he and that is a fact).
I don't think he would lie about this on air.. But whatever.. I have plenty of opinions Slick but when you hear to guys on the radio talk about crap like that it makes you wonder about the NFL.. I never once condoned the Suh foot stomp but there is some validity to the fact the Lions as a team are being targeted by the league.. It is a joke in fact... Other then a few correct calls that crew that refereed the Lions/Packers games was a joke.. There are four really protected teams in the NFL.. Patriots, Bears, Packers, and Cowboy's and I am fucking tired of it..

Green Bay , New England and Chicago are in the top 12 in the NFL in penalties against.....do your research before you throw out bullshit.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/totalPenalties/position/defense

seriously, green bay has the 4th most. the refs are definitely bad sometimes, but the lions are first because they are undisciplined, not b/c of ref bias.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]With defense pass interference and now more offensive calls I like to see the ref let them play a bit before the penalty is called. Not really referring to clubbing the guy before the ball gets there but those down the field, both pushing and pulling - let them play. Its football.

PI shouldnt be an automatic first down. Let it be a spot foul. Dont even repeat the down. They happen so often now cause its a joke call that they need to lessen the penalty.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
SLICK said:
more access than I do ?? lol , not much...Schwartz closes practices and media doesn't get a whole lot of interview time with players under Schwartz...

he gets paid to write an opinion , and I've read his shit for a few years now...he's wrong more then he is right.

dont buy into the hype Bob....try and form your own opinion I guarantee you it'll be a more accurate one the Brain Van Ochtens.

Whatever Slick i don't have to agree with you do I.. I was just passing along information. He said on air yesterday that he had a 20 minute private conversation with jim after last years thanksgiving game because as you know NFL coaches cannot comment about league officials and Jim was swearing every other word about how the Lions were unfairly being targeted by the NFL ref's.. ( Jim seemed pretty pissed after a few calls Thursday didn't he and that is a fact).
I don't think he would lie about this on air.. But whatever.. I have plenty of opinions Slick but when you hear to guys on the radio talk about crap like that it makes you wonder about the NFL.. I never once condoned the Suh foot stomp but there is some validity to the fact the Lions as a team are being targeted by the league.. It is a joke in fact... Other then a few correct calls that crew that refereed the Lions/Packers games was a joke.. There are four really protected teams in the NFL.. Patriots, Bears, Packers, and Cowboy's and I am fucking tired of it..

i agree with ya, bob.....there was a blatant bias against the lions on turkey day. (and the chicago game) i'll just reference 3 incidents here......the phantom pass interference call on wright when it appeared to everyone actually watching that the receiver jones slipped on the play.......the laughable call against vandenbosch for a so called 'late hit' upon rodgers, kyle seemingly gets punished for hard physical play.... plus not to mention THE ILLEGAL PICK PLAY WHICH OF COURSE GOES UNCALLED FOR THE PACKERS FIRST TOUCHDOWN.......never in a million years would those refs EVER allow this squad to get away with something like that for a score....

but guess what? it just doesn't matter because absolutely NO ONE besides leo's fans gives a fuck about whether this team gets housed on questionable referring each and every week......this squad hasn't won a damned thing in virtually a billion fucking years so therefore, we get no respect, no where near a hint of the benefit of the doubt, plus not even the slightest concern for our well being.....the lions themselves must realize that this is an untenable situation and therefore prepare themselves accordingly.......to constantly flip the fuck out whenever there is a call that is maybe 'purposely' mishandled should be only for the fans to do, not for the players upon the actual field. ndamukong let this predicament get to his ass and there is just NO EXCUSES FOR IT. there is no other recourse for the lions but to keep their traps shut about this and to the best of their ability somehow LEARN TO PLAY MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL.....it sure doesn't help when we in turn aid the officials in their obvious quest to make bullshit calls against us, that's for damn sure. i mean, whatever they're doing out there currently isn't working.......why not attempt something else? sure, there IS A BIAS in my mind, but really WHO THE FUCK CARES?

The phantom interference call is accross the NFL. It effects everyone.

Back