Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should check out Ole Miss' classes on rivals. They took 37! players in 2009, 26 in 2010, 29 in 2011 and 19 last season.. How can you have that big of an advantage and fall flat on your face every season? You would think a team signing that many recruits would find some real gems occasionally. Maybe they should give the kids more than 2 years before sending them away on medical hardships.

Just another reason to hate the SEC.

I don't hate them. I'm not a fan, but I don't hate them.

Kids are stupid for even going there, knowing how they operate.

Michael Ferns is rumored to be committing to Michigan this weekend.

Last edited:
Someone just basically crashed MGoBlog by posting 11 new threads about Ferns at once. Quite possibly the most epic fail ever.

Hmmmmm .....Champ, any thoughts?

Heh. The site itself is good but the message board has some really ..."intense" fans who don't seem to grasp the concept of Wolverine/Life balance as well as most here seem to.

I lurk over there when there are recruiting rumors floating around. Other than that, there are some fucked up individuals over there.

People over there try to sound way too clever for their own good. None of it makes any GD sense.

Rivals says ferns is top rated LB...but neither they nor scout have their rankings on his info. Am I missing something? Is he top 10 or is he #1? Also, any additional info appreciated.

Rivals says ferns is top rated LB...but neither they nor scout have their rankings on his info. Am I missing something? Is he top 10 or is he #1? Also, any additional info appreciated.

The kid looks pretty built for an incoming junior. He must really like UM to commit this early.

The kid looks pretty built for an incoming junior. He must really like UM to commit this early.

I read a lot came down to the med school. Michigan blew him and his family away. TomVH said he would have committed at the BBQ but needed to figure things out academically to be sure he could graduate early and enroll at the med school.

It was down to Notre Dame and Michigan and in the end it wasn't even close.

I also love how true to himself he was through the process. Said right from the start he's a small town kid not looking to enroll at a school in a big town. When Ohio State fans ask him why not Ohio State he says he doesn't like Columbus...and that's it! Awesome....

That must drive Bucknuts..well NUTS!

Last edited:
Well I am glad to see we are getting a good start on the 14 class. I know it wont come together as fast as the 13 class did because well I think we will all admit that was a crazy couple of weeks when top recruits were committing as fast as they could.

Well I am glad to see we are getting a good start on the 14 class. I know it wont come together as fast as the 13 class did because well I think we will all admit that was a crazy couple of weeks when top recruits were committing as fast as they could.

I'm interested to see how much the '13 class works on talking to the '14 class to get guys. They aren't officially at UM yet, so they should be able to talk to those guys and hopefully create a bond between classes that carries forward every year. I'm hoping the '13 class recognizes they will be playing with guys on '14 and work hard to develop the team from that viewpoint.

I guess the downside to that is they won't be allowed to communicate once they are actually at UM, which if they have bonded could be a bit difficult to maintain separation and NCAA compliance...or am I totally wrong on that and college players are allowed to communicate regularly with high school guys? Seems it would be tough to eliminate all communication between the two in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back