Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have access to a top 100 (or whatever) listing for '14? Not sure when such lists are available.

I read a lot came down to the med school. Michigan blew him and his family away. TomVH said he would have committed at the BBQ but needed to figure things out academically to be sure he could graduate early and enroll at the med school.

It was down to Notre Dame and Michigan and in the end it wasn't even close.

that is because ...noter dame sucks!

There is a top 25 players from Ohio done by the Ohio Rivals site in which he comes in at #2 right behind Dante Booker.

Not sure if this is blocked or not for non-members
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiopreps/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3172

Ferns is the only committed player on the list and since #1 is also a LB it's probably unlikely that we land him as well. So he might end up being our highest ranked player from Ohio.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has rankings out yet for 2014...I don't think they even have watch lists yet.

Then I'm curious how Ferns can be considered a top LB prospect. Pure speculation based on his size, number of tackles last year, or...???

Then I'm curious how Ferns can be considered a top LB prospect. Pure speculation based on his size, number of tackles last year, or...???

"Only 247Sports has released rankings for the class of 2014, so our lone national data point for Ferns has him pegged inside the top 100 prospects overall and top five at his position"

Thanks M&B and hungry...appreciate the info as always. Still new to the whole recruiting thing. Started following last year thanks to this thread, and have to admit it is interesting.

Well usually they base that kind of speculation off of their recruits offer list and/or evaluations not yet translated into rankings.

Tamani Carter has left the team opening up another scholarship. Let the speculation begin. Treadwell AND Green AND.......

What was Tamani ranked by Rivals and Scout as a HS recruit? If he was 3*, so what? If he was 4*, that's bad and if he was 5* I think you can say goodbye to Mr Hoke.

He saw the writing on the wall. He was at the very bottom of the depth chart and didn't practice this spring. He had Kovacs, Gordon, Robinson, Furman ahead of him for at least 2 years. An early enrollee Jarrod Wilson ahead of him who played well this spring. Plus 2 more safeties who just arrived. Plus our best safety prospect in years Dymonte coming in next year. He was smart for getting out while he was young. Good luck to him in the Mac or ....Big East :hehe:

He saw the writing on the wall. He was at the very bottom of the depth chart and didn't practice this spring. He had Kovacs, Gordon, Robinson, Furman ahead of him for at least 2 years. An early enrollee Jarrod Wilson ahead of him who played well this spring. Plus 2 more safeties who just arrived. Plus our best safety prospect in years Dymonte coming in next year. He was smart for getting out while he was young. Good luck to him in the Mac or ....Big East :hehe:

so what you're saying is that Hoke told him all this, so that he would leave and open up another scholarship?

so what you're saying is that Hoke told him all this, so that he would leave and open up another scholarship?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm and no, Hoke probably didn't need to. He just had too much talent ahead of him to even sniff the field. I'm assuming that like anyone who wants to actually play D1 football, why not transfer to a school where you could see the field.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm and no, Hoke probably didn't need to. He just had too much talent ahead of him to even sniff the field. I'm assuming that like anyone who wants to actually play D1 football, why not transfer to a school where you could see the field.

Not to mention he had offers from Stanford and Michigan. He's obviously a pretty bright kid. He might as well finish off his degree somewhere else and at least get a shot to see the field.

It was sarcasm, of course, but i do remember a time where plenty of athletes would ride the pine for 4 years at UofM just to get a Michigan degree. That was back when the scholarship limit was 105.

Being at the bottom of the depth chart is a total mystery for some. I can see both sides of it. You can either sit around, play hard at practice, and earn a quality degree from a good school, or leave said school, and go get PT at a mid-major/D2 school.

If you are riding the pine on a D1 level, the odds you won't be playing at the next level anyways. I would probably stay on at the big program, because you will get the thrill of being around big time games.

Heard d green could be committing this weekend.

Didn't he schedule another visit to AA too. So if its true, that's got to be a good sign for Michigan. Right?

Heard d green could be committing this weekend.

Didn't he schedule another visit to AA too. So if its true, that's got to be a good sign for Michigan. Right?

I know he was just at Georgia and Auburn so its hard to say. I know he and his family really enjoyed AA and the staff and the rest of the players. He commented that it really felt like a family. I would give us a 80% shot at him. I wish he and Treadwell would hurry up and commit so we can move on to the 2014 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back