Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
smitdog67 said:
Diggs has never been a realistic probability to come here, it wasn't going to happen.
yeah he was the Detnews article stated it and he was talking about it on twitter.

Yuri Wright is also a possibility and he loves Michigan. Coaches visited him last night just need to get him on a visit. He is extremely raw because last year was his first year of football but Curt Mallory would turn him into a great CB

But it could very well be Darboh since Scout has an article out that says something about a Darboh Decision. I wish they would just tell us already

@FreetownsFinest #GoBlue

There's also an insider article where he talks about his commitment, it's a done deal. Manningham 2.0, I love it.

smitdog67 said:
@FreetownsFinest #GoBlue

There's also an insider article where he talks about his commitment, it's a done deal. Manningham 2.0, I love it.
Not manningham, think more Braylon. Smooth speed, not elite, with good jumping ability and great catching in traffic. Legit low-mid 4.4.

Also the best WR prospect since Manningham is most likely Junior Hemingway or Ricardo Miller

smitdog67 said:
@FreetownsFinest #GoBlue

He's thicker but runs like him. Thank god we got this kid. He's gonna be good.

Maize&blue21 said:
smitdog67 said:
@FreetownsFinest #GoBlue

Not manningham, think more Braylon. Smooth speed, not elite, with good jumping ability and great catching in traffic. Legit low-mid 4.4.

Also the best WR prospect since Manningham is most likely Junior Hemingway or Ricardo Miller

Believe me I'd settle for Mario or Braylon but from what I've seen he projects more like Mario because he's fast and has some shake to him, Jordan Payton may as close to Braylon as I've seen in a long time. Either way it's great to not be recruiting slot ninjas and actually have a big solid receiver, now lets lock up Chesson, Dunn, and Garnett and really get back to old school Michigan football.

smitdog67 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

Believe me I'd settle for Mario or Braylon but from what I've seen he projects more like Mario because he's fast and has some shake to him, Jordan Payton may as close to Braylon as I've seen in a long time. Either way it's great to not be recruiting slot ninjas and actually have a big solid receiver, now lets lock up Chesson, Dunn, and Garnett and really get back to old school Michigan football.
I don't really see the comparison. Mario is 6'0" 185 lbs. while Amara is 6'2" 205. Braylon is 6'3" 210.

He runs like Mario. That's all he's saying. We can compare someone to Mario but not Braylon because of how special he really was.

Maize&blue21 said:
smitdog67 said:
I don't really see the comparison. Mario is 6'0" 185 lbs. while Amara is 6'2" 205. Braylon is 6'3" 210.

Shockingly, there is more to playing receiver than height and weight. Braylon was an amazing jumpball receiver and Mario was more of a runner and finding space in the defense, I see more of that in Darboh than I do a physical jumpball catcher. It's just my opinion and I've been wrong before but that's what I've seen on the tape.

smitdog67 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

Shockingly, there is more to playing receiver than height and weight. Braylon was an amazing jumpball receiver and Mario was more of a runner and finding space in the defense, I see more of that in Darboh than I do a physical jumpball catcher. It's just my opinion and I've been wrong before but that's what I've seen on the tape.
True and since he didn't really get to play this year because of a separated shoulder i guess we will have to wait until fall camp to get a feel for what kind of receiver he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back