Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the loss of Dunn as that big of deal. I cant say why but he gives me a feeling like he could be like TP was. I have faith that Hoke and the staff will build this team in his image and mentality.

wheels002 said:
I dont see the loss of Dunn as that big of deal. I cant say why but he gives me a feeling like he could be like TP was. I have faith that Hoke and the staff will build this team in his image and mentality.

With all respect I think that Dunn and TP handled their respective recruitments completely differently. Dunn played it very close to the vest the whole time and never made a big show about it while TP was a complete circus from the get go. While I wish that Dunn made a different decision I can't be mad at him for it or how he handled it, if it hadn't been for Ohio getting into trouble then he would probably have never seriously considered us. Oh well, either way he's not a program changer and we can and will get somebody like him or better in the future.

I know this is dumb, but I did always think his name sounded like an OSU player's name.

I am disappointed about Dunn. I thought Hoke had him in the bag. I guess not.

We have a 4* RB on the bench who has not touched the field. We are set at RB for a few years. I know some of you on here love Dunn, but I never cared about the kid.

uofmdixon said:
We have a 4* RB on the bench who has not touched the field. We are set at RB for a few years. I know some of you on here love Dunn, but I never cared about the kid.
Just thought i would let you in that we are recruiting David Perkins (2012 ATH) as a RB for this class. He grew up in Kalamazoo and was a Michigan fan growing up but moved to Indiana last year IIRC. Kid is an absolute beast with the ball in his hands and could easily play LB if he didn't work out at RB. Check out his highlights.

Also if you guys want to see the future of Michigan Line backers you need to check out James Ross' highlights

Maize&blue21 said:
uofmdixon said:
Just thought i would let you in that we are recruiting David Perkins (2012 ATH) as a RB for this class. He grew up in Kalamazoo and was a Michigan fan growing up but moved to Indiana last year IIRC. Kid is an absolute beast with the ball in his hands and could easily play LB if he didn't work out at RB. Check out his highlights.

Also if you guys want to see the future of Michigan Line backers you need to check out James Ross' highlights

What are the odds that Perkins is interested in UM. He has a good offer sheet and scheduled visits to MSU and OSU. All of his officials are scheduled.

This seems like a stretch to me, but what do i know.<-----Not much, just pessimistic.

lostleader said:
Maize&blue21 said:

What are the odds that Perkins is interested in UM. He has a good offer sheet and scheduled visits to MSU and OSU. All of his officials are scheduled.

This seems like a stretch to me, but what do i know.<-----Not much, just pessimistic.
Very good we are the only ones recruiting him as a RB and he loves offense. He may have scheduled his officials but one was to Pitt i believe and they just lost their coach. If he visits i like our chances.

It's going to be a crazy couple months leading up to Signing Day but we should grab a couple before then such as Chesson

Maize&blue21 said:
lostleader said:

Very good we are the only ones recruiting him as a RB and he loves offense. He may have scheduled his officials but one was to Pitt i believe and they just lost their coach. If he visits i like our chances.

It's going to be a crazy couple months leading up to Signing Day but we should grab a couple before then such as Chesson

Thats good, hoping Hoke can finish the class solid.

Hungry said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
If Dunn was from any other school, would we even care if we got him or not? Lol

Well, he is a 5 star rb isn't he?
No sour grapes here but he is overrated, lacks elite speed and is a little too tall to be a bruising power back like the coaches imagine. I would much prefer David Perkins or Rushel Shell.

247 is reporting that Greg Mattison dropped by to visit Pharoah Brown and he may be an option again

Maize&blue21 said:
Hungry said:
Well, he is a 5 star rb isn't he?
No sour grapes here but he is overrated, lacks elite speed and is a little too tall to be a bruising power back like the coaches imagine. I would much prefer David Perkins or Rushel Shell.

What about Ty Isaac, he is taller than Dunn. Sucks to lose Dunn to anyone. Sucks more to see him go to OSU!

lostleader said:
Maize&blue21 said:

What about Ty Isaac, he is taller than Dunn. Sucks to lose Dunn to anyone. Sucks more to see him go to OSU!
Well of course Ty Isaac but i'm talking class of 2012. Ty Isaac is tall but he is fast and runs with a lower body balance

lostleader said:
Maize&blue21 said:

Well if it makes you feel better he probably won't break 600 yards in any season in his career. Warren Ball is a higher rated recruit and it's been shown ad naseum just how productive RB's have been under Urban Meyer, especially with a mobile QB. He's nothing more than a fullback now, he just blew his shot at the big time. Oh well, RB isn't really a concern for us right now as next year Fitz will be a Jr, Rawls will be a Soph and Hayes will be a RS Frosh. Team that up with the possibility of a Ty Isaac or another top flight recruit next year and we will probably totally forget about Dunn in the next year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back