Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx smitdog. you're making me feel better about losing out on Dunn. I really thought Hoke had him, but Herbie Meyer must've fooled him. I'll laugh when the sanctions are handed out and the recruits are crying that they were lied to.

Ty Isaacs reminds me of anthony thomas. Brionte dunn looks and runs like Mark Ingram. I guess it will be interesting to see who is better in the Big 10.

lostleader said:
Maize&blue21 said:
No sour grapes here but he is overrated, lacks elite speed and is a little too tall to be a bruising power back like the coaches imagine. I would much prefer David Perkins or Rushel Shell.

What about Ty Isaac, he is taller than Dunn. Sucks to lose Dunn to anyone. Sucks more to see him go to OSU!

We never had him to begin with..

Not all is good on the Josh Garnett front, looks like Notre Dame sold him pretty well on his visit. I don't understand how Notre Dame recruits at the top like they do and suck. whatever all we can do is hope he opens his eyes.

The coaches may be recruiting Kyle Dodson again

Just made the top 5 for Jordan Diamond (4* out of Chicago), along with Ohio, Arkansas, Wiscy, and Auburn. I'm not crazy about this kid and would prefer Garnett or Kozan (specifically Garnett who I can't believe would be favoring ND over us) but I'll take him if he wants to buy into our team mentality. If I was a betting man though I'd put money on him going to Ohio, if I'm not mistaken though he still hasn't taken his official here yet so that could change.

Also, Yuri Wright is taking his official to ND this weekend so lets hope he escapes that cesspool with their purple faced spaz of a coach uncommitted and we can seal the deal when we get him on campus.

Michigan made Jordan Diamond's top 5 along with Wisky, Auburn, OSU, and Arkansas. Tom doesn't believe that the Garnett info is true and the people that said it are basing it off prediction/opinion.

Not sure what to make of the Dunn info I just read. Maybe someone has brought this up, as I read it on Mgoblog. Apparently Dunn tweeted Meyer promised him no more sanctions would be coming down on Ohio.

How the hell does he know that, and please tell me thats not true. If it is that is ridiculous, and the media will have a field day with it. Not that anyone of importance will care.

lostleader said:
Not sure what to make of the Dunn info I just read. Maybe someone has brought this up, as I read it on Mgoblog. Apparently Dunn tweeted Meyer promised him no more sanctions would be coming down on Ohio.

How the hell does he know that, and please tell me thats not true. If it is that is ridiculous, and the media will have a field day with it. Not that anyone of importance will care.

Their AD promised Urban there weren't going to be any sanctions when he hired him and now Urban is spreading the ad's lies to recruits. Should be interesting in a couple weeks.

lostleader said:

Kiffin said the same thing to his USC recruits.

Mark Emmertt Hired by Gordon Gee once upon a time equals the cheaters at O$U getting off pretty light.. So this does not shock me..

Fickell up for the Pitt job, wonder if this opens anything up for Dunn. (If he gets it)

sidenote: I hope Fickell gets the job, he managed the shit storm alright this year. Also should hinder some OSU progress for a year or two.

Jehu Chesson is still likely to make his decision December 21st (Wednesday) my guess would be Michigan but he is coming off an Iowa visit so you never know.

The dead period starts tonight and ends January third so this thread may lack news for awhile. Prospects can still unofficially visit campus to watch practice but coaches can't go to schools, in-home, and prospects can't take official visits. If i remember correctly coaches are allowed to receive calls still and make one per prospect but i could be wrong.

mgoblue0303 said:
Now, Spence to those dickheads in Ohio....fuck

What do they have to offer that makes these kids want to run there. I don't get it, but I hope they all fail.

lostleader said:
mgoblue0303 said:
Now, Spence to those dickheads in Ohio....fuck

What do they have to offer that makes these kids want to run there. I don't get it, but I hope they all fail.
He said Family values and Religious values. Urban brought him to church on his visit, smdh.

Maize&blue21 said:
lostleader said:
He said Family values and Religious values. Urban brought him to church on his visit, smdh.

Wow...this makes me want to puke. I hope (though I know it won't happen) that the NCAA SMOKES them! Family values? In comparison to Michigan? Really? They weren't even on his radar, and suddenly he just decides to commit? Hmmm

mgoblue0303 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

Wow...this makes me want to puke. I hope (though I know it won't happen) that the NCAA SMOKES them! Family values? In comparison to Michigan? Really? They weren't even on his radar, and suddenly he just decides to commit? Hmmm

I said this in another thread. LSU, Florida, USC all recruiting the heck out of him. And then, "you know, i've never considered them, but Ohio* looks like my kinda place." Bullshit, I call shenanigans.

Fuck it.. I'll enjoy Lewan pancaking him for the next 2 years followed by another 2 from Magnuson and Kalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back