Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Welcome Deveon. Hope we still get Ty even though it seems unlikely.
Ty was aware of the situation and is still allowed to commit if he wants to.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":0ma4ghmn]Welcome Deveon. Hope we still get Ty even though it seems unlikely.
Ty was aware of the situation and is still allowed to commit if he wants to.[/quote:0ma4ghmn]

If he wants to..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":7pvfx6p8]Ty was aware of the situation and is still allowed to commit if he wants to.

If he wants to..[/quote:7pvfx6p8]Our depth at RB is terrible so both would have a chance to compete for carries. Borges has used 3 RBs before and will again if he can land Isaac.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":e09edd6b]

If he wants to..
Our depth at RB is terrible so both would have a chance to compete for carries. Borges has used 3 RBs before and will again if he can land Isaac.[/quote:e09edd6b]

Denard and Fitz had 72% of the carries last season. Vincent only had 50 carries last year and everyone else got carries in clean up time and misdirection end arounds. It all depends on if Isaac want's to compete. Fitz will be a SR, Rawls a JR, Hayes a Soph, Drake a Frosh and add Deveon to the equation. Not to mention Hopkins and Norfleet still could get pt back there. Who knows.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":i60e32uo]Our depth at RB is terrible so both would have a chance to compete for carries. Borges has used 3 RBs before and will again if he can land Isaac.

Denard and Fitz had 72% of the carries last season. Vincent only had 50 carries last year and everyone else got carries in clean up time and misdirection end arounds. It all depends on if Isaac want's to compete. Fitz will be a SR, Rawls a JR, Hayes a Soph, Drake a Frosh and add Deveon to the equation. Not to mention Hopkins and Norfleet still could get pt back there. Who knows. [/quote:i60e32uo]I see Deveon and Isaac instantly being in the top of the depth chart behind Fitz unless Rawls breaks out and they will hop over everyone else during their sophomore years. Hayes will most likely end up at WR in the near future.

I am really worried with Urban in Ohio and Dantonio recruiting "nationally" we could be in real trouble lol.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":3lkvf2ti]

Denard and Fitz had 72% of the carries last season. Vincent only had 50 carries last year and everyone else got carries in clean up time and misdirection end arounds. It all depends on if Isaac want's to compete. Fitz will be a SR, Rawls a JR, Hayes a Soph, Drake a Frosh and add Deveon to the equation. Not to mention Hopkins and Norfleet still could get pt back there. Who knows.
I see Deveon and Isaac instantly being in the top of the depth chart behind Fitz unless Rawls breaks out and they will hop over everyone else during their sophomore years. Hayes will most likely end up at WR in the near future.[/quote:3lkvf2ti]

It's hard to really say they would be atop of the depth chart. Sam McGuffie, Shaw, Grady, Minor, Carlos Brown, Max Martin, Jerome Jackson, Darnell Hood, Pierre Rembert. All highly ranked recruits that were surpassed by lower ranked guys. With that said I don't think we should sleep on a Rawls and a Drake Johnson. Obviously I want Isaac in the worst way imaginable but competition will be tough if we get him or not. I hope he isn't scared off and end up in South Bend.

Well, at least with Deveon committing, it doesn't mean "oh shit" if isaac goes somewhere else.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":8ldp9g3d]Our depth at RB is terrible so both would have a chance to compete for carries. Borges has used 3 RBs before and will again if he can land Isaac.

Denard and Fitz had 72% of the carries last season. Vincent only had 50 carries last year and everyone else got carries in clean up time and misdirection end arounds. It all depends on if Isaac want's to compete. Fitz will be a SR, Rawls a JR, Hayes a Soph, Drake a Frosh and add Deveon to the equation. Not to mention Hopkins and Norfleet still could get pt back there. Who knows. [/quote:8ldp9g3d]

Really though I don't think our depth is as good as you're laying it out to be.

- I think Norfleet is way too small as it is to compete for the starting RB position. He'll certainly have to add some weight and even then I don't see him being much more of an option than Vince Smith was last year and is this year.

-Hayes, I think, ends up as sort of a slot player ala Desmond Howard. Again, he doesn't really have the size/bulk to play in a true pro-style offense. I expect him to get time at Kick/Punt returner and maybe as a player who rolls out of the back to catch passes. But i don't see him being an every down RB.

-Drake/Rawls both have a shot, I guess, at the starting position but both were pretty low ranked kids with low ranking offers. Sure we could find a diamond in the rough but you never know with 3 star kids.

So the way I see it, if Isaac does want to come in he should have a pretty clear road to the starting position. At least as of now, none of these players have shown "star" potential. We really haven't recruited the Shane Morris of RB's yet, even with DeVeon Smith. So Isaac's path isn't as bumpy as it might seem IMO.

although, I will say that any of these guys could be successful simply because of who they're picking up at OL and FB.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Well, at least with Deveon committing, it doesn't mean "oh shit" if isaac goes somewhere else.

Unless Deveon is the only reason that Isaac goes somewhere else. Of course, this is recruiting soon to be seniors, so its hard to get too excited either way, but I'm having a hard time understanding why the coaches would take Deveon now when Isaac seemed close to a lock. Do they know something we don't on that situation? We'll never know why Ty goes elsewhere IF he does.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
although, I will say that any of these guys could be successful simple because of who they're picking up at OL and FB.

you should have just deleted the prior post altogether, seeing as how it's essentially you talking to yourself and then realizing you make no sense.

The Team, The Team, The Team!!

Henry Poggi is back on campus today, if he feels comfortable about today he may pull the trigger.

Hungry said:
Maize&blue21 said:
Henry Poggi is back on campus today, if he feels comfortable about today he may pull the trigger.

what is he?
Top 100 overall, DT/SDE. He is pretty athletic and plays just down right mean. Has brothers that go to Iowa and Duke to he has good genes and can play. Offers from Bama and just about every major program in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back