Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Monster ":3nw5zkg1]you think that it Deveon commits, that might rule out Isaac? I'd love to pull both.
I think the coaches would allow it but they both wouldn't want to be in the same class.[/quote:3nw5zkg1]

is there a preference from the coaches? I know isaac is great, but can you say no to deveon because you want to wait to see what isaac's decision is?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":tbvwxtpx]I think the coaches would allow it but they both wouldn't want to be in the same class.

is there a preference from the coaches? I know isaac is great, but can you say no to deveon because you want to wait to see what isaac's decision is? [/quote:tbvwxtpx]DeVeon fits perfect into our system but Ty is an elite talent. We'll see I don't think they have a preference.

Does anyone have a Scout membership? Heard they have some stuff on Isaac that may come out tonight.

Maize&blue21 said:
Does anyone have a Scout membership? Heard they have some stuff on Isaac that may come out tonight.

Is there a certain thread? I heard Webb on the radio this morning saying the visit went great and they'd have an update later on today. I'll try to remember to post that when it happens.

TheVictors03 said:
You should take up a PayPal donation system and subscribe to them, buddyboy!!!
Haha not a terrible idea. But then you guys would be paying for it and I'm just trying to bring it to you guys for free.

WE got another 2012 preferred walk on OL Ryan Glasgow. he had full ride offers but chose to walk on to U of M. I believe that is close to our 5th preferred walk on for 2012.

So Deveon Smith is slowing down his recruitment, looks like something may be coming within the next few days with Ty Isaac. If I find anything out I'll let you guys know.

I caught some tweet from Shane to Treadwell and a Team_134 mention a few weeks back during that weekend of all those kids coming in .....

Treadwell is top of my wish list followed closely by Isaac. Dear god if we get both it will be a dream class.

Took a gander at bama's '13 class...not bad either. We currently have 11 of espn 150 rated and they have 7. Could be an interesting race to top '13 class, especially since saban is likely to "work magic"...or bend every rule possible while breaking ones he knows will go unnoticed. Not saying bama is a corrupt program or saban is a slime ball used car salesman...wait, yes I am!

2013 running back options
March, 12, 2012
Mar 12
11:33
AM ET

By Chantel Jennings
Michigan already signed its first running back in the 2013 class -- Wyatt Shallman (Detroit/Catholic Central). And with the Wolverines looking to get back to a power run game, it's important that they snag a few top running backs to aid that process. Shallman is a bruiser in the mold of former Purdue star Mike Alstott.

Here's a closer look at the other offers the Wolverines have put out to running backs.

[+] Enlarge
Justin DavisTom Hauck for ESPN.comStockton, Calif., running back Justin Davis has grabbed Michigan's attention, as well as most of the Pac-12.

Justin Davis (Stockton, Calif./Lincoln): Davis' first offer came from Oklahoma, but since then the 6-foot-1, 195-pound tailback has picked up more than 10 offers, with most coming from West Coast schools. During his junior year Davis rushed for 2,599 yards and 39 touchdowns. He was just one of two freshmen named to the ESPNHS California All-State Football first team on offense.

Derrick Green (Richmond, Va./Hermitage): Green is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after running backs in the country, but in the next week he will be making his way around some Big Ten campuses. On Saturday Green will visit Wisconsin, on Sunday he'll be at Michigan and on Monday, he'll go down to Ohio State. His speed is what makes the 5-foot-11, 215-pound Green stand out. Currently, he boasts the fastest 40-yard dash time in the country for a running back (4.31).

Ty Isaac (Joliet, Ill./Joliet Catholic Academy): As a junior, Isaac rushed for 2,629 yards and 42 touchdowns. That was enough to pick up offers from 11 Big Ten schools (Minnesota is the only one that hasn't offered), but he also gained some attention from schools such as Auburn and Arkansas. Isaac is the tallest running back (6-foot-2, 215 pounds) on the board for the Wolverines (Shallman is taller at 6-3, though).

Deveon Smith (Warren, Ohio/Howland): Smith is one of the top backs in Ohio, and Hoke was the first to extend an offer. But then Urban Meyer did. Smith has only four other offers. For more on Smith, click here.

Jordan Wilkins (Cordova, Tenn./St. Benedict): As a sophomore, Wilkins rushed for 1,300 yards and 24 touchdowns. After his junior season he was named a Tennessee Mr. Football finalist. Now Wilkins has nine offers from the likes of Arkansas, Mississippi State and Tennessee. In February, Wilkins told WolverineNation, "I'm listed as a bigger back, but I like to get outside just as much as I like to go up the middle and run somebody over."

LB Dorian O'Daniel canceled his trip. Texted TomVH and told him that we are full at LB. Obviously there is a silent commit at this point. Coaches must be holding the other spot for Levenberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back