Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Tremendous:

One of the quicker updates I've had on the site, but big nonetheless. Ohio State has abruptly ended their pursuit of five-star RB Derrick Green after recruiting him for quite a while. It makes a bit of sense given their abundance of running backs, but it's peculiar to turn down a five-star talent like Green so late in the game. Either way, the Buckeyes are out and despite the commitment of Ross Douglas and the perception that only one spot remains, Michigan has not finished recruiting Green. I exchanged a couple texts with Derrick tonight who told me he'll be heading to Ann Arbor on Friday and will be spending three nights in town. The coaching staff has been waiting for a chance to sit down and talk with Derrick and this will be their big opportunity. I've been saying for a long time that Michigan's chances with him were a lot higher than most have believed and perhaps we'll find out this weekend.

Last edited:
Leon McQuay was told if he doesn't commit in like the next 2 days, his spot will have been taken. Speculate all you want, but there are two spots left and with Derrick Green visiting this weekend, there is a good chance that something is in the works. The last spot is for Treadwell.

If Treadwell doesnt come here after all this I will be pissed but you just never know with these kids. But we have to be pretty sure he will be blue if we are holding him a spot.

Big Will Campbell had Tiger Beat - or whatever the LSU recruiting site is called - convinced he was flipping his commit too ....

Big Will Campbell had Tiger Beat - or whatever the LSU recruiting site is called - convinced he was flipping his commit too ....

I didnt read anything into last night at all. I have followed the kid on twitter for like 6 months and he has played like that to every fan base. But he has posted more pro U of M stuff than any other school but that means nothing.

From what I have heard he is waiting because he wants to visit LSU, Okla St and Okla. We still lead but he wants to make sure before he commits.

Things are looking very good for Derrick Green possibly committing this weekend. Keep an eye on Atravis Scott and Michael Ferns.

yah, remember big Will decommitted just so he could take his visits and then recommitted. I have no problem with a player taking all of his visits, especially when Coach Hoke has said that commits aren't allowed to take visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back