Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Smoker have some rant about Lloyd Carr and some mocking impression of how he was recruited?

Last edited:
This is the shirt all the Michigan recruits have been wearing at the opening.

Attachments

• recruit.jpg
    recruit.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 32
Alvin Bailey narrowed his schools down to 8. They are South Carolina, UCF, Notre Dame, Florida State, Georgia, Texas A&M, Michigan and Auburn.

CB Ross Douglas was re offered this morning, visiting for the BBQ, most likely to commit on his visit.

Michigan Coming After Douglas

By Bill Greene
Ohio recruiting analyst
Posted Jul 24, 2012

A lot has changed in the past 24 hours for Avon (OH) cornerback Ross Douglas. After decommitting from Penn State Monday, Douglas has seen interest grow dramatically. Michigan became the latest Tuesday morning.

In the aftermath of his decommitment from Penn State, cornerback Ross Douglashas attracted interest from several top programs across the land.
Douglas, 5-foot-10, 185-pounds, is a three-star prospect from Avon (OH). Tuesday morning he received an offer that might prove too good to turn down.

"I just spoke to Coach (Greg) Mattison, and the Michigan offer is 100% back on the table," Douglas stated excitedly. "I'm going to visit there Sunday for the barbeque, and I'm looking forward to being around everyone this weekend. Coach Mattison said they want me to play cornerback for them, and he is extending that offer for me. I have to look very closely at Michigan, to be honest."

"I am good friends with (Michigan commit) Dymonte Thomas, and we've already talked about this offer today," he added. "I also know a few other commits, like Michael McCray. This offer means a lot obviously. Michigan offered me a few days after I committed to Penn State, so this is great to have that offer at this time. I will be speaking with Coach (Brady) Hoke this Sunday, and that will be good to see him again."

With visits upcoming this week, the Douglas recruitment could be coming to an end shortly. He visited Nebraska last week.

"I am going to Notre Dame on Thursday, and then up to Wisconsin on Saturday," he explained. "Notre Dame is a great program and I'm looking forward to seeing everything once again. I've been in contact with them, and I like Notre Dame a lot. I don't know too much about Wisconsin, but (defensive coordinator) Chris Ash is a great guy."

"Things have been crazy the past few days for me," Douglas admitted. "I'm hoping to get this done before my senior season, so I can concentrate on winning a state title."

I love poaching top 250 prospects away from other big ten schools. Our secondary depth should be outstanding for a while.

1 spot left and it has Treadwells name all over it. I just hope he accepts it soon so we can end the dance.

Damn I love this class I really do. I just hope we can hold it together for a few more months and this team has all the makings of a NC contender in a few years.

1 spot left and it has Treadwells name all over it. I just hope he accepts it soon so we can end the dance.

Damn I love this class I really do. I just hope we can hold it together for a few more months and this team has all the makings of a NC contender in a few years.

I bet we have more than 1 spot left if another great prospect wants to join. I still would like an elite RB in this class but I know how unlikely that really is.

Unfortunately the Frank Clark situation could end up opening another scholarship depending on the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back