Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Treadwell doesn't pick Michigan, it will be one of the biggest upsets in the history of recruiting.

oh, the video of the Webb interview at O'Hare (work firewalls blocking it)... Yeah, sure seems like Treadwell is Blue. I can't imagine them being at Nike all weekend and not coming away with a YES!

Last edited:
Dawson update:

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH

RT @RecruitingESPN: Kyle Bosch on Dawson: "He's been talking about decommitting. If he does, we'll move on. One guy doesn't make a class."

Tom Beaver ‏@TomBeaverGBW

David Dawson tells GBW he's going to Florida Fri Nite Lights camp, then returning for U-M's BHBBQ the next day. Video interview coming.
Retweeted by Bleed Maize n Blue

Last edited:
Shit I would hate to lose Dawson the guy is a beast but if we do we will fill the spot and move ahead. But I hope we can keep him in the fold.

funny how InsideGators.com has a write-up on "Gator recruits and targets" at Nike and include Dawson among those they're covering.

Speed Kills ‏@mspeedkills

David Dawson squashing the rumors. RT @D3_MrUnderated_ I'm a #MichiganMan

Sounds like Dawson is going to FNL and may get himself kicked from the class.

Sounds like Dawson is going to FNL and may get himself kicked from the class.

He's not going for an unofficial visit. Shane camped in Columbus of all places and the whole Cass Tech team camped at Bama earlier this year... Everyone on MGB is freaking out but call me crazy.. I'm not that worried and Hoke won't give him the boot for competing.

Nothing like having to come out and clear the air and re-affirm your committment because some dork started telling lies about you.

Michigan Men

BEAVERTON, Ore. -- They wear matching T-shirts on the bus. Arrange chat sessions on their iPhones. There's a movement in place for the seven Michigan recruits in attendance at The Opening to perform a song this weekend.

"We've got to have a meeting about that," quarterback and ringleader Shane Morris said.

Song or no song, this collection of future Wolverines came together through no gimmick. Call it good, old-fashioned recruiting momentum instigated by second-year coach Brady Hoke and his staff on the heels of an 11-2 season.

"We came together because we're all similar minded," offensive guard Kyle Bosch said. "Michigan recruits a certain kind of guy."

This year, that certain kind of guy generally comes with a high ranking. Among those UM commits at The Opening, David Dawson ranks as the nation's No. 1 guard, Morris as the No. 4 pocket-passer QB, Jake Butt as the No. 5 tight end, Bosch as the No. 5 guard, Mike McCray as the No. 9 outside linebacker, Taco Charlton as the No. 10 defensive end and Jourdan Lewis as the No. 11 cornerback.

As a group, the Wolverines' 22 commitments rank No. 1.

"It's a lot of cool guys who are easy to get along with," Dawson said.

He was among the six who committed on Feb. 18, a magical day on campus as the Michigan men's basketball team defeated sixth-ranked Ohio State at the Crisler Center -- with most of the football recruits in the house.

"It was crazy," Morris said. "That day was just insane."

The first of many in Ann Arbor, perhaps, that feature this group of players.

-- Mitch Sherman

Dawson goes from "leaving Michigan" to cancelling the Florida trip altogether within about 48 hours.

Seen that, the only reason to worry on that trip is there has been talk the past 2 or so months that he is flirting with flipping to the Gaytors. Their insider has been posting that his sources and word from him is he has real interest in them. Glad to see he backed out of that trip to defuse the situation.

From what I have read today Shane has been the top QB at The Opening in Oregon and many other Michigan recruits also stepping up.

Seen that, the only reason to worry on that trip is there has been talk the past 2 or so months that he is flirting with flipping to the Gaytors. Their insider has been posting that his sources and word from him is he has real interest in them. Glad to see he backed out of that trip to defuse the situation.

Gaytors... Clever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back