Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hoped that Harris would survive everyone and be Blue but oh well. I do wonder how good he can be if he is really going to try and play both football and basketball. It just seems that would be to much on your body trying to play D1 in both.

I hoped that Harris would survive everyone and be Blue but oh well. I do wonder how good he can be if he is really going to try and play both football and basketball. It just seems that would be to much on your body trying to play D1 in both.

I can't remember anyone who has been successful trying to play both basketball and football. It's kind of hard to be successful in two sports that have seasons that overlap.

The only one I can think of is Charlie Ward and I always thought he was overrated. Peppers did play both for a couple years but hi chose football over basketball and didnt play bball his senior year. I had a couple of my Sparty fans celebrating last night because they got a top 50 player without using a scholarship but I doubt it works out how they think. Oh well hes a sparty and we will beat him for 4 years.

The only one I can think of is Charlie Ward and I always thought he was overrated. Peppers did play both for a couple years but hi chose football over basketball and didnt play bball his senior year. I had a couple of my Sparty fans celebrating last night because they got a top 50 player without using a scholarship but I doubt it works out how they think. Oh well hes a sparty and we will beat him for 4 years.

Charlie Ward is a pretty good example but that was over 10 years ago. I don't consider Peppers successful because his best year in bball was like 7 ppg and 4 rpg. Nothing to write home about.

Actually just took a look at Ward's college bball stats. Nothing special at all and he only played half a season his Junior and Senior years.

Also forgot his last season was 18 years ago. Jesus.

Well, according to the Sparties that I know, Matt Trannon was super duper awesome.

I think their elation is probably moreso that MSU finally got someone that Hoke wanted.

Well, according to the Sparties that I know, Matt Trannon was super duper awesome.

I think their elation is probably moreso that MSU finally got someone that Hoke wanted.

Matt Trannon. Now there's a name I didn't forget at all.

What's the Scout.com thing about one of the OL rethinking their commitment?

From Tremendous:

Last week on Sunday, I was told that 2013 OL Chris Fox was a possibility to decommit by a current commitment.

I was told (from another source) he was relatively standoffish towards the other Michigan commitments at the Rivals Challenge last week in Atlanta and that the Khaliel Rodgers interest that Mike Farrell from Rivals tweeted about was legitimate. Rodgers himself has been tweeting Michigan stuff for almost a week now, and when following up with Rodgers, he confirmed some interest. That's why I typed the update on him. There's always some static when dealing with these kids as far as what legitimate interest is, but when a kid says the coaches are showing interest, I have to take his word for it. With the decommitment talk, it kind of added up anyways.

*theoretically* It wasn't that Michigan was taking a sixth guy, it's that they were expecting to drop one and were maintaining contact with a potential replacement. Whether Rodgers had really been shown interest from the coaching staff is a matter of debate.

After attempting to unsuccessfully contact Fox, I contacted another current commit who I knew was pretty close with Fox. He talked with Chris who said his commitment wasn't shaky and that he remained firm. From my standpoint, that was about it. This whole exchange took place on Sunday/Monday of last week. It's why I never reported a word on it.

From Tremendous:

Last week on Sunday, I was told that 2013 OL Chris Fox was a possibility to decommit by a current commitment.

I was told (from another source) he was relatively standoffish towards the other Michigan commitments at the Rivals Challenge last week in Atlanta and that the Khaliel Rodgers interest that Mike Farrell from Rivals tweeted about was legitimate. Rodgers himself has been tweeting Michigan stuff for almost a week now, and when following up with Rodgers, he confirmed some interest. That's why I typed the update on him. There's always some static when dealing with these kids as far as what legitimate interest is, but when a kid says the coaches are showing interest, I have to take his word for it. With the decommitment talk, it kind of added up anyways.

*theoretically* It wasn't that Michigan was taking a sixth guy, it's that they were expecting to drop one and were maintaining contact with a potential replacement. Whether Rodgers had really been shown interest from the coaching staff is a matter of debate.

After attempting to unsuccessfully contact Fox, I contacted another current commit who I knew was pretty close with Fox. He talked with Chris who said his commitment wasn't shaky and that he remained firm. From my standpoint, that was about it. This whole exchange took place on Sunday/Monday of last week. It's why I never reported a word on it.

I hope we can keep Fox but its nice to know Brady and company have a back up plan. I think the way this class came together so fast and strong we have all half expected a kid or 2 to flip. It happens all the time.

And that's Meyer's MO too, to come in at the 11th hour and make a pitch to get a kid to flip.

I find it somewhat entertaining -- the view many Ohio* fans hold towards Meyer and explanation for why he's going to be so successful in Columbus:

"He gets it, and it's his Dream Job...." (well, one of three dream jobs, anyways)

I find it somewhat entertaining -- the view many Ohio* fans hold towards Meyer and explanation for why he's going to be so successful in Columbus:

"He gets it, and it's his Dream Job...." (well, one of three dream jobs, anyways)

I watched his press conf and he really didnt seem to enthused with taking the job. It almost seemed like he took the job because it was open. He is all about himself more than he is about the school the mentality between him and Hoke are vastly different. And I will take Hoke's way every day of the week. Hoke will not put the Michigan name at risk and will do what ever it takes to not tarnish it. I fully believe Meyer will do what ever he to to win and make his ego bigger and if/when things get ugly at Ohio he will find a way out.

Treadwell tweeted his decision is "coming soon"

Edit: lots of tweets out of Tteadwell today. I think I see the commit watch light flashing.
"Its a place i want to be, its a place i need to be. What to do?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back