Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about this kid. I really thought Fuller was going to be our 2nd DB. Oh well welcome Channing.

I don't know much about this kid. I really thought Fuller was going to be our 2nd DB. Oh well welcome Channing.

From what I have found he is a 2 to 3 star-ish DB that showed very well at the Michigan camp this week. In Hoke we trust.

Per Sam Webb:
How this kid is such a relatively obscure prospect while playing for such a powerhouse program is a mystery. Standing 6-2 and maybe 165-pounds, this Tar Heel State product is extremely fluid (despite his length), and possesses quickness that belies his size. Though not a blazer, he has good football speed. Furthermore, he has really good leaping ability and ball skills. Some schools might be scared away by his slender frame and lack of elite top end speed. Others, meanwhile, might see pure potential… a youngster that could become more explosive once he adds more muscle to his slender frame.

Per TomVH:
After camping at Michigan for three days and receiving an offer on Wednesday, 2013 cornerback Channing Stribling (Mathews, N.C./Butler) has decided to commit to Michigan.

The 6-foot-2 corner performed very well throughout camp and impressed everyone on hand. He has a great combination of size and speed and even reminded some of fellow Michigan commit Gareon Conley (Massilon, Ohio/Washington).

Last edited:
From what I have found he is a 3 star-ish CB that showed very well at the Michigan camp this week. In Hoke we trust.

Yeah he has good size and seems to have good ball skills. He could be a diamond in the rough kind of kid. His offer list is just us and Ball St but again as you said "In Hoke we trust"

Interesting stat from Twitter.....At this time last year, Michigan had 13 commits in the 2012 class and six Rivals 4-stars. Today, it's 22 commits and 14 4-stars for 2013.

Since the '13 class has very limited spots remaining, I'm thinking Channing made one hell of an impression on the coaches at the camp (obviously bc he got an offer). I bet we see his ranking rise throughout this upcoming season.

Last edited:
Interesting stat from Twitter.....At this time last year, Michigan had 13 commits in the 2012 class and six Rivals 4-stars. Today, it's 22 commits and 14 4-stars for 2013.

Do you want to know what's the best part of this? Does anyone remember Sparty/Ohio fans around this time last year saying the only reason we were getting such stud recruits was because of our lack of depth and how much early playing time would be available to them?

What's the excuse now? Especially the O line....Yeah it must have been the lack of depth and the opportunity for early playing time. I'd love to hear their excuses now we followed up 2012 with the best O line in the 2013 class.

Bunch of hating pricks....but what else is new?

By all accounts this kid blew all the coaches away with his playmaking. He went up to the camp and paid his own way and during the camp was called to Hoke's office and given an offer.

You gotta feel happy for a kid just fighting to be noticed by anyone and all of a sudden gets a full ride offer from U of M.

How many more kids can Michigan sign for this class?

I think 25 maybe 26. You never know someone could end up with a freak career ending injury or get the sudden urge to transfer and free up a few more spots.

2014 WR Drake Harris will be announcing Wednesday, looks like he is going to MSU because they sold him on the BS thing that he can play both sports in college. It's really too bad because the kid is a rarity when it comes to football and too short for SG when it comes to basketball.

Does anyone have Scout and can post the Wilkins update?

Wilkins said he will visit family in Detroit on Monday and then drive to see Michigan?s campus.

?Since it?s only like 30 minutes away (from Michigan), I might as well visit,? Wilkins said. ?It?s a place I?ve wanted to visit.?

That?s because Michigan has remained in contention for Wilkins, who told 247Sports he still favors Auburn with Vanderbilt second on his list. Michigan and Tennessee round out his top four.

It always helps to get guys on campus for a visit, but this doesn't look like a guy Michigan will get. The 'might as well visit' comment for me is telling.

Alvin Bailey currently on campus. Keeping both eyes on him.

images

Also Drake Harris announces tonight around 6:45, but sounds as if that will only be good news for Sparty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back