Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poggi "100% for Michigan"

Baltimore (MD) Gilman DT, Henry Poggi verbally committed to Michigan recently and revealed to GoBlueWolverine.com last weekend why the Wolverines were the victors over Alabama, Ohio State, and a host of other BCS powers. The four-star prospect is commitment #20 in Michigan's stellar 2013 class.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/1191853.html#.T8yhi7kcWJo.twitter

Last edited:
Does anyone have an updated number of how many spots we have?

From MGoBlog:

The Wolverines now have three or four spots remaining, in all likelihood. One of those is reserved for IL WR Laquon Treadwell, while it's becoming clear the coaches would like another defensive back in the class—MD CB Kendall Fuller and FL CB Leon McQuay III are the top targets, while AZ CB Cole Luke and NJ CB Nadir Barnwell are also possibilities. Michigan also is in the market for another running back—or at least an elite-level back—with the coaches pursuing VA RB Derrick Green and TN RB Jordan Wilkins.

I'd expect the class to be filled out with a receiver, running back, and cornerback, with the coaches taking a best player available type or possibly a strongside DE if there's another open spot. The options should narrow down considerably with so little room left in the class, a process we've already seen in motion along the offensive line and at linebacker.

Last edited:
Poggi is our 9th recruit with an Ohio * offer and our 5th with a Bama offer,

I wish we could somehow close the deal with Treadwell. I just think if we can team him with Shane they will be a dynamic duo. I would also love a stud RB but if our OL ends up as good as they should be they will be a good RB look great.

So Treadwell names a "Top 7" and it's located at ESPNsucks Insider. Obviously Michigan is in the mix, but anyone have access to re-post here?

I like our chances and think he's talented, but he's had a LOT of teams interested.

So Treadwell names a "Top 7" and it's located at ESPNsucks Insider. Obviously Michigan is in the mix, but anyone have access to re-post here?

I like our chances and think he's talented, but he's had a LOT of teams interested.

Here's his top 7 article:

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. ? Laquon Treadwell (Crete, Ill./Crete-Monee), the top uncommitted prospect in the Midwest, has more than 20 offers, but the ESPN 150 receiver handicapped the race at the Nike Football Training Camp on Sunday.

?Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Michigan, Illinois, Notre Dame and USC,? Treadwell said.

The four-star receiver is planning to make it to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State this summer after he had to cancel his plans in April. Treadwell was on his way to visit the Cowboys and the Sooners on the same weekend, but a tornado warning forced him to go back home. He ended up visiting Michigan instead.

Treadwell, ranked No. 42 in the ESPN 150, is excited about visiting both programs.

?I heard it?s great," Treadwell said. "I talked to a lot of people. My uncle lives down there, so I look forward to seeing him, too. Look forward to seeing the coaches and everything.?

Assistants from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State visited Treadwell at his high school during the spring evaluation period on the same day, just minutes apart from each other. Treadwell said as one coach was walking out the door, the rival coach was walking in.

Notre Dame will likely receive a visit this summer, as well. The Fighting Irish are the closest program to the nation?s fifth-ranked receiver among his top group.

?Notre Dame, I?m highly interested in them,? Treadwell said. ?Academics, great offense, (Michael) Floyd just left so they need another good player to come in and make plays.?

One team that cannot be discounted is USC, which is having a hot start to its 2013 recruiting class. Treadwell said he talks with the staff often on Facebook, and the USC coaches are trying to get him to make a visit to Los Angeles.

From 247 Sports
According to his father, Leon McQuay III has named a top 3 of Vanderbilt, Michigan and USC.

This is McQuay's second cut after previously narrowing things down to a top ten. He's not very big on interviews so I may not be able to catch up with him today for his thoughts but I hope to catch him by tomorrow with more.

He would like to make his decision on Nov. 21.

McQuay is the No. 5 rated safety in the country and the No. 38 rated prospect overall.

Su'a Cravens makes it official on Wed at 11am PST. Michigan is still listed as a possibility. I don't see anyway he doesn't go with USC.

I wonder if Treadwell is in touch with Gunner Kiel at all...?

Seems like the M QB position isn't in doubt once Morris starts, but Kiel and the rest of the ND QB field is a white hot mess, one way or another.

I wonder if Treadwell is in touch with Gunner Kiel at all...?

Seems like the M QB position isn't in doubt once Morris starts, but Kiel and the rest of the ND QB field is a white hot mess, one way or another.

If Twitter is any indication, Shane is keeping a constant bug in Treadwells ear.

I really would be shocked if Treadwell isnt Blue. He has loved every visit here and he is close friends with most of team 134 especially Shane. But I think he is going to take his time. But Shane wants Treadwell and isnt going to give up without a fight. I still think Shane is one of the major reasons this class is so good.

So far we will have 7 players in the UA All Star game. Almost as many as the last 3 years combined
Gareon Conley, CB - Massillon, OH*
David Dawson, OT - Detroit, MI*
Patrick Kugler, OG - Wexford, PA*
Mike McCray, LB - Trotwood, OH*
Shane Morris, QB - Warren, MI*
Henry Poggi, DT - Baltimore, MD*
Logan Tuley-Tillman, OT - Peoria, IL*

So far we will have 7 players in the UA All Star game. Almost as many as the last 3 years combined
Gareon Conley, CB - Massillon, OH*
David Dawson, OT - Detroit, MI*
Patrick Kugler, OG - Wexford, PA*
Mike McCray, LB - Trotwood, OH*
Shane Morris, QB - Warren, MI*
Henry Poggi, DT - Baltimore, MD*
Logan Tuley-Tillman, OT - Peoria, IL*

Hadn't really thought about it that way - usually its those SEC teams - and nice to have likely none of those 'hat' surprises.

Su'a chooses USC as predicted......BUT.....still plans on taking official visits to Michigan, Ohio*, and maybe Florida....

Huh?

Steve Lorenz ‏@TremendousUM

Cravens says he will still visit Michigan, Ohio State, maybe Florida. Interesting.

Last edited:
Ummmm......what the fuck? Waiting for someone to jump out and yell April Fool.

Hello — RT @TheChrisRubio: Long time Rubio Long Snapper Scott Sypniewski (IL, '13) has committed on full scholarship to #Michigan!
Retweeted by Steve Lorenz

Steve Lorenz ‏@TremendousUM
Not sure what to make of giving a full scholarship to a long snapper when Michigan is in on so many big names.

Scott on why the offer for a long snapper:
"They said they need one. They just lost their starter, Tom Pomarico. They have one guy who is going to be a senior and they were going to bring in two walk-ons. They've seen my film and knew I was good enough to start there and that's why they offered me a scholarship."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKZ8uzAZedU

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/il/ottawa/marquette-high-school2/scott-sypniewski

http://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-profiles/1958/PlayerProfile.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back