Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Bama vs Michigan thread

Yeah, this game was far too early. In a few years Michigan will be ready for this kind of game. Well, let's hope it prepares the team to win out the rest of the season.

GO BLUE!

UGLY game. But now it's time to move on and look ahead to AF. GO BLUE!!!

Alabama is much more talented than we are, more so than I think we wanted to admit. Al Borges is still Al Borges, and unfortunately still unable to gameplan for a QB like Denard, which is so frustrating because at the end of last season (bowl game excluded) he seemed to have a handle on things. This DLine needs help. Guys like Ash and Black really need to step up. I think Campbell was ok tonight, Washington mediocre at best, Ash and Black invisible.

Alabama is much more talented than we are, more so than I think we wanted to admit. Al Borges is still Al Borges, and unfortunately still unable to gameplan for a QB like Denard, which is so frustrating because at the end of last season (bowl game excluded) he seemed to have a handle on things. This DLine needs help. Guys like Ash and Black really need to step up. I think Campbell was ok tonight, Washington mediocre at best, Ash and Black invisible.

The first series the D looked good. It was all down hill from there though. Well, they will not face another Oline like this one the rest of the season. They will perform better next week and in future games. The lack of production by the O was disappointing to say the least. Seems like the available weapons are not used effectively. DG showed that he is not a mature WR, but he shouldn't be expected to be at this point. He will get better, but he is not a go-to-guy. Where was Roundtree all night? Would Fritz have made a difference? Probably not. Well, need to put this one behind them.
GO BLUE!

much was said abut bama oline

definitely better

and we knew coming in we had questions

On Denard's 1st INT, the receiver he was throwing to, where was he? Well, replay showed him getting chucked out of bounds well beyond the 5 yard limit for contact. Should have been a 1st down via penalty, instead it was Bama ball.

The Bama DBs were allowed to do anything they wanted. Even when there was a blatant PI called, the other ref came over to say it was "uncatchable". When was the last time anyone here saw a receiver get shoved to the ground, the ball land within 5 yards of the receiver who is on the ground, and the refs determine it was uncatchable? Fergodssake I've seen passes that landed 10 yards away and the "uncatchable" ruling was not applied.

I know the IF game doesn't change anything and refs always make bad calls...but that one no-call on the INT really torqued me up. How does a ref miss that? Bama was the better team, but if the refs make that call correctly, the ensuing blowout likely is far less than 41-14.

Sorry about the loss UM fans, I went to the MSU v Bama bowl game a couple of years ago. I know how shitty of a feeling it is. On the bright side, the loss is better to be the first game of the season rather than the last.

that int changed the aspect of the game. and then being backed up in the shadow of the endzone didnt help on the second int.

The 5 yard chuck rule is NFL only. In college, you can put your hands on the receiver as long as you don't hold, and as long as you end the contact when the ball is in the air.

Back