Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Indiana vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

I hate using this word, but there is no other word for it. Indianas offensive line "murdered" our linebackers. They beat them to death and I really hope they can gather themselves together after that mauling.

I did not know Kenny Allen almost missed the xtra point. Jeeze.

To send it into OT

Last edited:
I hate using this word, but there is no other word for it. Indianas offensive line "murdered" our linebackers. They beat them to death and I really hope they can gather themselves together after that mauling.

it wasn't just the linebackers.. The D-Line was getting torched. Our depth is so depleted on the D-line right now due to
injuries..

Last edited:
it wasn't just the linebackers.. The D-Line was getting torched. Our depth is so depleted on the D-line right now due to
injuries..

Well, while they(Dline) didnt have a great game, the linebackers cant use the depleted excuse. There are a couple things that disturbed me. 1) Linebackers are are supposed to take on blocks closer to the line of scrimmage. It seemed there were several plays where they hung back way too long letting the blockers come to them instead of the backers meeting them in the hole. And even when they did meet them in the hole they couldnt get off their blocks. 2) On blitzes, you are not supposed to take on blockers, you are supposed to avoid them. Too many times our backers just slammed into the blocker instead of picking a side of the body to run through. Sudfeld had all day on blitzes. No pressure at all. These guys are better than that. They've shown it before. Got to start playing better.

"By my (unofficial) count, @umichfootball had 28 missed tackles against Indiana, 7 by LB Desmond Morgan."

— Michael Spath

28 missed tackles? I knew we missed quite a few, but 28 is putrid.

"By my (unofficial) count, @umichfootball had 28 missed tackles against Indiana, 7 by LB Desmond Morgan."

? Michael Spath

28 missed tackles? I knew we missed quite a few, but 28 is putrid.

Too many missed tackles, no converging on the ball, failing to get off tackles. On the returned punt the return as they guy ducked the tackle it seemed like everyone just stopped to watch rather than getting in on the tackle. Maybe it was the camera angle, but that is the way it looked. It also seems like many times the guys on the DL are more focused on beating their blocker rather than getting off and getting the ball carrier. D coaching has got to address these things.

We really need Hurst, Henry, and Worm to step it up on the inside Saturday. Thankfully we won't be facing a team that will try to tempo the d-line to death.

I thought he missed it. I had a horrible feeling and said it as much to my family, ESPN showed his PAT percentage at 100. I said, "That's the type of thing that makes a sportscenter highlight, they'll show that little graphic and he'll shank this thing."

Last edited:
Back