Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Michigan State vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

b311j

Overcast and temps in the 40s. Perfect football weather. The talking heads seem to all have State winning. Vegas spread has jumped up and down from 3.5 to 6 points this week. Back in the day I loved situations like this. Road underdog Michigan teams would always come into these games with a big chip on their shoulders. Unfortunately I have no idea which Michigan team will be in E Lansing today. But the flipside of that same coin is Sparty fans have no idea which Sparty team will show up.

product_bunyan_front_02_large_large.png

Last edited:
Beautiful day for football. Have a great tailgate spot on the corner of Shaw and Red Cedar. Steaks and ribs grilling. Lots of good people, fans of both teams. And of course, more top shelf talent walking around than anywhere in the state, my lord.

GO GREEN!!!

Any talk of alternate unis today from either team? Please no.

Looks like SBee did make it to the game today after all

217742_342309209183628_2027400771_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what role the REFS will play? I hate games where the refs become intrusive. I'd expect a lot of physical play but don't want a bunch of PI calls or personal fouls at the end of plays. It would be a shame if flags determined anything (or the timekeeper, for at matter).

Go Blue...watching game with my Sparty wife!!!!!!!! Should be a good one I hope!!!!

Me and my wife are going to wrestle during the game so the game loser could be the WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer a Michigan victory but it's close if you know what I mean :)

watching here w champ jr. he has his michigan onesie on, but this ohio-purdue game put him to sleep.

I wonder what role the REFS will play? I hate games where the refs become intrusive. I'd expect a lot of physical play but don't want a bunch of PI calls or personal fouls at the end of plays. It would be a shame if flags determined anything (or the timekeeper, for at matter).

the only real effect they will have on the game is that whichever team loses will be the ones to say the refs cost them the game.

There's not many times where refs actually affect the outcome of a game. Every game will have a bad call or two in it, but for the most part, it balances out.

Man, if Iowa had any kind of offense, they might be really good. Wisconsin has 28 but Iowa's offense keeps setting them up in really good field position with turnovers and lack of movement. They've really shut down wisky's O.

Nevermind. Saw you're in Mass.

VT BC is on ESPN2 here on the WC.

Back