Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Northwestern vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

OMFG!

3 STRAIGHT SHUTOUTS AND AGAINST #13!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I could kiss you all! Beautiful!

Really stunning game for Michigan. Stunning! Three straight shutouts. Dare we hope for a shutout next week. That would be totally amazing.

I will be SHOCKED if Durkin isn't offered a HC job in the near future by a good team. I'd love for him to stick with us and take over after Harbaugh moves on to Oakland or Chicago.

Shutting out BYU was good. Shutting out Maryland the next week was fun.

Shutting out NU for the third straight goose egg is just damned impressive!

shutting out two ranked teams and a conference opponent on the road? Damn impressive!

I will be SHOCKED if Durkin isn't offered a HC job in the near future by a good team. I'd love for him to stick with us and take over after Harbaugh moves on to Oakland or Chicago.

I don't think Harbaugh is going anywhere any time soon.

College coaches make more cheddar that NFL coaches these days. And he had teams that wanted him when the 49'ers fired him. He wanted to come home and be the coach of Michigan.

I think he's going to be one of those 25 year coaches here, and they will cart him off the field in a pine box one day.

he will be #1 candidate

Can't blame him. Would like another year out of him. I guess it depends on what opens up.

shutting out two ranked teams and a conference opponent on the road? Damn impressive!

I'm telling you man, with Oklahoma losing today to unranked Texas, and Michigan shutting out Northwestern at #13.... we could very well be in the talks for top 10.

There won't be many sportswriters out there who won't think we belong there.

This game was so fun to watch that I couldn't be bothered to turn on the tablet to BS with you guys. I'm beyond impressed.

Can't blame him. Would like another year out of him. I guess it depends on what opens up.

I think Jimmy is home to stay. At Michigan he has the opportunity to be a historic college football coach. In the NFL, he is not going to make history.

Complete and utter shock. Shock. Wow.

168 yards against our D.

Justin Jackson, the leading B1G rusher limited to 25 yards on 12 carries.

I'm telling you man, with Oklahoma losing today to unranked Texas, and Michigan shutting out Northwestern at #13.... we could very well be in the talks for top 10.

I agree. But going from 18 to 10 or higher is hard to do with 1 loss so early in the year. If it happens, good, but I'm not counting on it.

Agree. I would not be surprised to see Michigan ranked #10 Sunday night. The D is definitely for real, and the O is starting to click right at the right time of the season.

Is there a site that lists defensive stats on college box scores???

I hate that the major ones don't.

I agree. But going from 18 to 10 or higher is hard to do with 1 loss so early in the year. If it happens, good, but I'm not counting on it.

It's a tough jump, but I don't think the loss hurts us. Alabama is #8 this week with a loss on their books too.

It's all about how the writers see this team, and in my mind, they have to be seen as a top team playing at an elite level coming off this win.

Im impressed, but next week is theee test. Better receivers and a better quarterback are headed this way.

It's a tough jump, but I don't think the loss hurts us. Alabama is #8 this week with a loss on their books too.

It's all about how the writers see this team, and in my mind, they have to be seen as a top team playing at an elite level coming off this win.

The difference being that Bama was already a top 5 team to start the year and has a proven track record of being a top 10 team. We don't.

I really hope you're right. Top 10 would be amazing. I think a big win over Cal for Utah might help.

Back