Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Northwestern vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

The difference being that Bama was already a top 5 team to start the year and has a proven track record of being a top 10 team. We don't.

I really hope you're right. Top 10 would be amazing. I think a big win over Cal for Utah might help.

I don't think we will jump that high, probably just outside it, but I think we deserve it and it would be a justified leap.

voters will put them just outside of the top 10 IMO. It doesn't matter...they play #4 MSU next week...a win there and they are a lock for #6 or better.

voters will put them just outside of the top 10 IMO. It doesn't matter...they play #4 MSU next week...a win there and they are a lock for #6 or better.

Yep, and I don't care what the ranking are until the final week of the season is over.

It's a tough jump, but I don't think the loss hurts us. Alabama is #8 this week with a loss on their books too.

It's all about how the writers see this team, and in my mind, they have to be seen as a top team playing at an elite level coming off this win.

I think the other aspect to this is that the last three games were not just wins, two over ranked teams, but they were also shutouts. That is pretty damned impressive. And how many quarters has it been since any points have been scored on the D?

ESPN just posted this tidbit:

Multiple 28-point shutouts in single season vs. AP-ranked teams:
2015 Michigan (?)
1966 Notre Dame (won title)
1956 Georgia Tech (did not win title)
1948 Michigan (won title)
1945 Army (won title)
Michigan hosts No. 4 Michigan St. next week.

Michigan win.

Woot.

So next week another big game against another really good team and our in state rival.

I don't think we will jump that high, probably just outside it, but I think we deserve it and it would be a justified leap.

It'd be beautiful. Imagine #10 Michigan hosting #4 MSU. The game is already going to be huge, but I'm not sure I can wait. I need to find a phone booth that takes me through time to Saturday.

tumblr_lyii568N5f1r34xmno2_r1_500.gif

Michigan win.

Woot.

So next week another big game against another really good team and our in state rival.

We've given up 4 touchdowns on defense this year. 6 games! WTF????

I think the other aspect to this is that the last three games were not just wins, two over ranked teams, but they were also shutouts. That is pretty damned impressive. And how many quarters has it been since any points have been scored on the D?

Well, UNLV scored last, in the 4th quarter, so it's been 12 consecutive quarters over 3 games.

I thought it was hard waiting all week for today's game. Damn this next week is going to be agony!

Jimmy high!!!!!! Great game to be at!!!!!

Attachments

• 20151010_184714.jpg
    20151010_184714.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 39
My sister's boyfriend sent me a Youtube link after the game was over, I clicked on it and it took me to Public Enemy's "Shut 'Em Down". LOL

Back