Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official UCF vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Dominant performance by Michigan, but some things that need work for sure.
only a few things. Need to tweak the blitz packages as well.

the crappy performance may turn out to be more of a wake up call than a red flag. we're focusing on the bad things, for sure. it still is a bit concerning, some of those big runs we gave up, and the fact that they were able to spread our defense out and get yards when they needed them in short yardage situations. But in the end, they only scored twice, and if you consider the 87 yard run a fluke... only once really. that's pretty good.

I am really worried about the rushing stats on both sides of the ball today

Yep it seemed we struggled a bit more than we expected but in game day they did mention UCF defense line bring their strength

I am thoroughly disappointed at both sides of the ball today. This team, to this point, is not ready for OSU. My thoughts changed mightily over the course of the game. The OLine sucked fucking balls, the RBs couldnt block anyone blitzing, the LBs were constantly out of position and getting blocked by fucking wide receivers, and the DLine got pushed around by a smallish UCF OLine on multiple 4th and 1s. That, my friends, is fucking concerning going into the next game against a good Colorado team. I am dumbfounded to say the least because not only did they run the ball good, they had multiple receivers wide fucking open. The defense was lost and Im very glad that we were playing UCF today. They gave us a look, and they put this team on notice that they have to improve lots to compete against a really good spread team.

I am thoroughly disappointed at both sides of the ball today. This team, to this point, is not ready for OSU. My thoughts changed mightily over the course of the game. The OLine sucked fucking balls, the RBs couldnt block anyone blitzing, the LBs were constantly out of position and getting blocked by fucking wide receivers, and the DLine got pushed around by a smallish UCF OLine on multiple 4th and 1s. That, my friends, is fucking concerning going into the next game against a good Colorado team. I am dumbfounded to say the least because not only did they run the ball good, they had multiple receivers wide fucking open. The defense was lost and Im very glad that we were playing UCF today. They gave us a look, and they put this team on notice that they have to improve lots to compete against a really good spread team.

It looked bad but the majority of the 260+ yards on see defense was on 4 to 6 plays.
My friend said after the game jim said he liked how both lines played :/
Wtf was he watching? I am worried . I also think defensely we just did vanilla stuff.
At least I hope so. Our offense line was putrid in run blocking and A- IN PASS blocking. I agree with you I am worried too!!!

I don't see any reason to be overly excited or worried at this point. Everyone was ready to crown us national champs after last week, which was obviously premature. We still crushed UCF 51-14, aand did a lot of good things. Only allowed 56 passing yards all day, and Speight was very good as well. We certainly have playmakers all over the field, and we made a lot of plays on special teams also. These first 3 or 4 games are all just warmups anyway, so I'm not going to put too much stock in them.

These guys are also human beings and it's quite possible they didn't "get up" for this game. Noon kickoff against a team that went 0-12 last year isn't exactly a game that gets you excited to play in.

I don't see any reason to be overly excited or worried at this point. Everyone was ready to crown us national champs after last week, which was obviously premature. We still crushed UCF 51-14, aand did a lot of good things. Only allowed 56 passing yards all day, and Speight was very good as well. We certainly have playmakers all over the field, and we made a lot of plays on special teams also. These first 3 or 4 games are all just warmups anyway, so I'm not going to put too much stock in them.

These guys are also human beings and it's quite possible they didn't "get up" for this game. Noon kickoff against a team that went 0-12 last year isn't exactly a game that gets you excited to play in.

I hope your right, brother, I really do. I was specifically looking at these 1st 2 games to see how the defense would handle the spread. So far.......not good. We got burned bad on those 2 big runs. Got burned on a couple of passes, too, though they were dropped/badly thrown. This team really needs to watch the film to see how out of position they were. Still lots of work to do. Except for the dropped snap on the punt, our special teams was fucking awesome today. They may win us a game this year.

I hope your right, brother, I really do. I was specifically looking at these 1st 2 games to see how the defense would handle the spread. So far.......not good. We got burned bad on those 2 big runs. Got burned on a couple of passes, too, though they were dropped/badly thrown. This team really needs to watch the film to see how out of position they were. Still lots of work to do. Except for the dropped snap on the punt, our special teams was fucking awesome today. They may win us a game this year.

Big plays are unavoidable. They are going to happen at some point. If it turns into a consistent problem I will join you on the worrisome side.

The game went pretty much exactly as it was expected to go. Michigan covered a 35.5 point spread almost to the point.

UCF was expected to be better than Hawai'i, and have a little more offensive production, which they were and they did.

UCF loaded the box with a pretty good defensive line, so Michigan had to open things up some, which they did.

Also no Lewis on defense and taco Charlton did not play very much if at all if I remember it right being there. Freshmen Gary played great but also made alot of mistakes which he admitted in the post game interview which is refreshing seeing how poised he us and he wants to get better. We knew our linebackers were going to be a issues. Our QB looked really good. Wr's looked great . Tight ends played great.
Colorado will probably be a real test. I hope we play good.

Back