Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Unofficial Official MSU vs Michigan thread

And the only reason that 2010 class was ranked on scout was 1. Hoke salvage it landed a couple of 4 stars and 2. Gardner was considered 5 star on their site, even though he was mid 4 star in every other recruitment site.. Most others had them ranked out of top 25..

bamf16 said:
uofmpoweri said:
[quote author=bamf16 board=wolverines thread=2531 post=63686 time=1318708699]

I didn't look up the size of the Michigan Offensive line.

Glad you admit to posting without a clue as to what you're talking about. It saves me the trouble of proving it.

I don't believe weights anyway. The proof was on the field. Michigan's offensive line got their asses whipped all day

uofmpoweri said:
Hungry said:
he's not blaming the wind, he's saying you don't call downfield passing plays into that wind with Denard at QB.

I'm saying that he is in denial because you can not throw downfield passes with Denard on a calm day. Denard can not pass the ball. The wind does not make you throw the ball 5 feet over wide open receivers heads on a 10 yard pass

and knowing that, why call those plays? We all know what Denard is capable of and what he is not capable of. Throwing the ball downfield is not his best attribute especially with that wind today. It has yet to be proven that Devin is any better at passing, as I have not seen it in any game. I think Denard is the best option at qb for the team and given that, you utilize the skillset that he brings.

Hungry said:
uofmpoweri said:
I'm saying that he is in denial because you can not throw downfield passes with Denard on a calm day. Denard can not pass the ball. The wind does not make you throw the ball 5 feet over wide open receivers heads on a 10 yard pass

and knowing that, why call those plays? We all know what Denard is capable of and what he is not capable of. Throwing the ball downfield is not his best attribute especially with that wind today. It has yet to be proven that Devin is any better at passing, as I have not seen it in any game. I think Denard is the best option at qb for the team and given that, you utilize the skillset that he brings.

Denard blew the game by throwing it up for grabs on a 5 yard pass. That is what he does. You can't blame the coaches. Maybe it was a run option, we can not tell when he is getting sacked. That is how their offense works. They did what they could with an ineffective qb. Denard is not going to win against talented teams.

uofmpoweri said:
bamf16 said:
Glad you admit to posting without a clue as to what you're talking about. It saves me the trouble of proving it.

I don't believe weights anyway. The proof was on the field. Michigan's offensive line got their asses whipped all day

yes they did

uofmpoweri said:
Hungry said:

Denard blew the game by throwing it up for grabs on a 5 yard pass. That is what he does. You can't blame the coaches. Maybe it was a run option, we can not tell when he is getting sacked. That is how their offense works. They did what they could with an ineffective qb. Denard is not going to win against talented teams.

You talking about the pick 6? It was a slant. It's a timing route. Vincent Smith was lined up in the slot on that play (our 5'6 RB, not a WR) and he was a step and a half late getting off the line of scrimmage on a silent count. That's why the ball was a step and a half in front of the intended receiver.

And if your point is that the OL got their asses kicked, then state that they got their asses kicked. Don't point out that they're undersized, get called out for it being a stupid comment, get ridiculed for it being dead wrong, and then after admitting you didn't look it up, only THEN type what you intended to say.

bamf16 said:
uofmpoweri said:

You talking about the pick 6? It was a slant. It's a timing route. Vincent Smith was lined up in the slot on that play (our 5'6 RB, not a WR) and he was a step and a half late getting off the line of scrimmage on a silent count. That's why the ball was a step and a half in front of the intended receiver.

And if your point is that the OL got their asses kicked, then state that they got their asses kicked. Don't point out that they're undersized, get called out for it being a stupid comment, get ridiculed for it being dead wrong, and then after admitting you didn't look it up, only THEN type what you intended to say.

My point is still that RR wanted to get smaller quicker Offensive linemen. That is a fact. That is what we have. If they claim that they are big linemen then it is one of two things. Hoke is playing linemen that were not heavily recruited and therefore not very talented and 300 pounds. Or, Hoke is playing these smaller quicker linemen that RR recruited and they are lying about their weight i.e they are not 300lbs, but they are listed as 300 lbs. Which one do you want?

Now stay on topic. You are telling me that Hoke is throwing the ball downfield into the wind now you are telling me that he is throwing quick slants to the RB. WTF do you want him to do? Denard made the decision to throw the ball. Face the facts, Denard is a media created hype machine. He ran up numbers against MAC teams and ND, now he is being exposed as an ineffective QB that can not compete against talented defenses. FACT, we can have the same conversation when we get to Nebraska, Penn State, and OSU. Then you will say wait until next year...

uofmpoweri said:
bamf16 said:

My point is still that RR wanted to get smaller quicker Offensive linemen. That is a fact. That is what we have. If they claim that they are big linemen then it is one of two things. Hoke is playing linemen that were not heavily recruited and therefore not very talented and 300 pounds. Or, Hoke is playing these smaller quicker linemen that RR recruited and they are lying about their weight i.e they are not 300lbs, but they are listed as 300 lbs. Which one do you want?

Now stay on topic. You are telling me that Hoke is throwing the ball downfield into the wind now you are telling me that he is throwing quick slants to the RB. WTF do you want him to do? Denard made the decision to throw the ball. Face the facts, Denard is a media created hype machine. He ran up numbers against MAC teams and ND, now he is being exposed as an ineffective QB that can not compete against talented defenses. FACT, we can have the same conversation when we get to Nebraska, Penn State, and OSU. Then you will say wait until next year...

*Facepalm* Stay on topic?

Throughout the day, Borges' playcalling required Denard to do that which he is weakest at, instead of calling plays that play to his strength. Denard's strengths are his speed in running the ball, his 7-14 yard out patterns, and attacking defenses that key on his running ability by faking the run into the line and throwing the quick hitter down the seam, as he did with Odoms & Roundtree last year and as he's done this year with Koger & Dileo. How often were those plays called today? Once...on the first drive. And because I criticize another play, in your mind it's going off topic? I'm seriously wondering right now if you're messing with us because I want to give you the benefit of the doubt before concluding that you're really that obtuse.

Based on 2 years now of watching him, when Denard gets the ball and holds it in the pocket, every second he holds the ball seems to decrease the odds of it being a good play. So all day long he was asked to hold onto the ball, read the defense, and make plays against the defenses called to stop him and aided by a wind that fucked with a 5th year QB on the other side. The fact of the matter is that all afternoon, our offense was playing defensive football instead of attacking the defenses they faced.

By your logic, criticizing a coach for something is negated by finding the one exception to the line of thinking. That's assinine.

On the pick 6, UM lined up with Vincent Smith AS A SLOT RECEIVER. That's the criticism. Instead of going with Terrence Robinson, Jeremy Jackson, Martvious Odoms, or another RECEIVER, Vincent Smith was split out into that position, and he was late getting off the ball. Not once today did VSmith catch a throwback screen. How often after the first drive was he lined up as the HB in an IFormation.

The FACT is that UM spent the game with Denard lined up in the shotgun, and they asked him to do that in which he is weakest. But in your mind, you'll find the one play that he was asked to run and then that negates everything else, right?

And again, you're a moron. We don't play Penn State this year. I guess you didn't "look that up" either, huh?

I thin it's time for you to click that little "x" in the top right of your computer screen and exit the page.

uofmpoweri said:
Hungry said:

I don't see any evidence that Devin is any more capable than Denard at passing or running.

Back