Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Unofficial Official MSU vs Michigan thread

greenandwhite95 said:
Glad MSU won, dissapointed in the undisciplined play. Way too many cheap shots, not good. It is funny to hear a lot of you criticize you're offense and give no credit to a good MSU defense. To all those who weren't sold on our defense, questioning who we played.....

How do you like us now.

BTW, not classy on our part for the cheap shots, not clasy on UM's part on the hand shake.

I believe the right offensive playcalls would've worked against the defense.

uofmpoweri said:
Hungry said:
I don't think anyone is disputing this. The coaches are part of the team after all.

The coaches didn't throw a pick 6 in the 4th quarter to put the game away. The coaches kept this overmatched team in the game. Denard was shut down because you can not have a one dimensional offense. You can not coach completions when your QB is throwing the ball 5 feet behind his receivers.

so knowing this, just run the football!

What happens if you beat Nebraska, we lose to Nebraska and we all win the rest of our games ? Do they go by overall b10 record or division record for your division championship ?

uofmpoweri said:
bamf16 said:
You're an idiot.

You are in denial

Look at our OL, look at their OL, and tell me our's is undersized.

Denard has a skillset and a set of weaknesses. Instead of asking Denard to play to his strengths, they asked him to do what he's not good at, into a 30 mile an hour wind.

It makes as much sense as asking Threet to run 20 times a game and then bitching that he's no good.

I'm in denial? I'll never deny that you're a fucking moron.

Hungry said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Glad MSU won, dissapointed in the undisciplined play. Way too many cheap shots, not good. It is funny to hear a lot of you criticize you're offense and give no credit to a good MSU defense. To all those who weren't sold on our defense, questioning who we played.....

How do you like us now.

BTW, not classy on our part for the cheap shots, not clasy on UM's part on the hand shake.

Maybe, just maybe they were using those playcalls in respect to our defense. Maybe the RIGHT playcall would have had worse implications.

greenandwhite95 said:
What happens if you beat Nebraska, we lose to Nebraska and we all win the rest of our games ? Do they go by overall b10 record or division record for your division championship ?

if the 2 teams tie in the division, head2head would have to be the first tiebreaker. basically this game was worth 2 wins...if it comes down to that.

bamf16 said:
uofmpoweri said:
You are in denial

Denard has a skillset and a set of weaknesses. Instead of asking Denard to play to his strengths, they asked him to do what he's not good at, into a 30 mile an hour wind.

It makes as much sense as asking Threet to run 20 times a game and then bitching that he's no good.

the o-line is 300 pounds across the board...how big are they supposed to be?

greenandwhite95 said:
Hungry said:

Maybe, just maybe they were using those playcalls in respect to our defense. Maybe the RIGHT playcall would have had worse implications.

You're more than welcome to your opinion.

johnny2x2x said:
Honestly, from a State fan, Hoke is a great coach. I'm glad to win this game because you guys will be tougher in years to come. The dirty play killed us, just no discipline and it kept you guys in the game. To me MSU had more talent on both sides of the field, but superior coaching from the U of M staff made it a game. Penalties are directly related to coaching.

I hope Denard is OK, it didn't look like that bad a hit, just a stupid one. Gholston should have been thrown out for that punch though.

Thats the thing....everything done to keep michigan in the game was done by MSU shooting themselves in the foot. the 2 late fumbles on weak tackles. the penalties. the cheap shot. They tried giving the game away and they still won by 14. Gotta give credit to their defense.

Hungry said:
uofmpoweri said:
The coaches didn't throw a pick 6 in the 4th quarter to put the game away. The coaches kept this overmatched team in the game. Denard was shut down because you can not have a one dimensional offense. You can not coach completions when your QB is throwing the ball 5 feet behind his receivers.

so knowing this, just run the football!

You can't run against 9 in the box. Especially when your offensive line is overmatched. You need to keep them honest with your passing game. Michigan can not pass the ball.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
greenandwhite95 said:
Also, thi is a different UM team. You WILL not do what you have done the last couple years. I still see UM having a good year.

thank you. at least you're not an idiot like the other sparty that showed up as soon as you went up two scores.

I wouldn't do that, or talk too much smack. I thought we would win close, we won by more than I thought but played an undisciplined game. Their is no room in this game for all those penalties. Dantonio needs to rip them up at practice, unfortunately, he won't.

greenandwhite95 said:

How do you like us now.

Typical sparty, play dirty and then try to make like it all evens out because Michigan didn't shake your dirty hands at end of the game. Your D is good I guess, but really in this game the Michigan O and play calling lost the game. Why play so dirty? Especially at the end, slamming Denard down to put him out of the game? Clear that this was your D's plan all game. I would not be proud of this win.

bamf16 said:
uofmpoweri said:
You are in denial

You just proved that you are. You are blaming the wind moron. State played in the same wind. You are comparing MSU's Defense to our Defense. Come on. Wake up and get a sniff of reality.

Hungry said:
greenandwhite95 said:

if the 2 teams tie in the division, head2head would have to be the first tiebreaker. basically this game was worth 2 wins...if it comes down to that.

Sounds like we would have a scenario like last year between Wisky and MSU.

You have to step back and think.. RR was really our John L Smith.. Second half collapses and the recruitment of Mac-Level players across the board except from 2008, not to mention a piss poor coaching staff under him.. It really was a legit parallel between the two...

Hoke tried to warn us. He's been saying it all year. "We're not as good as our record/ranking".

rumseyhouse77 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

How do you like us now.

Typical sparty, play dirty and then try to make like it all evens out because Michigan didn't shake your dirty hands at end of the game. Your D is good I guess, but really in this game the Michigan O and play calling lost the game. Why play so dirty? Especially at the end, slamming Denard down to put him out of the game? Clear that this was your D's plan all game. I would not be proud of this win.

How is that typical ? I have said on here twice I didn't agree with the late hits, they were thuggish. If you want to talk about classy though, not shaking hands is in the same bought. It shows no respect to your opponent.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

thank you. at least you're not an idiot like the other sparty that showed up as soon as you went up two scores.

I wouldn't do that, or talk too much smack. I thought we would win close, we won by more than I thought but played an undisciplined game. Their is no room in this game for all those penalties. Dantonio needs to rip them up at practice, unfortunately, he won't.

D'antonio is an OSU product and their "Beat Michigan at all costs" program. Not a guy with a lot of integrity.

tigers99888 said:
You have to step back and think.. RR was really our John L Smith.. Second half collapses and the recruitment of Mac-Level players across the board except from 2008, not to mention a piss poor coaching staff under him.. It really was a legit parallel between the two...

You're mac level players gave you a top twenty recruiting class every year RR was there. Go figure.

uofmpoweri said:
bamf16 said:

You just proved that you are. You are blaming the wind moron. State played in the same wind. You are comparing MSU's Defense to our Defense. Come on. Wake up and get a sniff of reality.

State did play in the same wind. How'd their 5th year QB do? How many plays did he make? What'd he end up with, 130 yards passing?

The difference is that our QB is one of the fastest guys in college football, and nothing was done to utilize it. Al Borges asked Denard to do what he doesn't do well, over and over and over and over again.

How many out routes to the perimter were called to open up the middle of the field? How often did we see the IForm after the first drive?

How many times was our best offensive player on the sidelines when we were on offense?

And do you still think our OL is undersized?

Back