Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Unofficial Official MSU vs Michigan thread

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Even Rich rod is not that dumb....

Fourth and a inch...

HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THATT!!!!

Yep! hate to say it, but you know that with RR, DR runs a lot more today...if in that situation, he would've run his horse into the line.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i think hoke tricked us into thinking that RR's players were better than they are. But he tried to tell us that they weren't that good. I just didn't think we'd be that flat...ever.
No offense, but I really hate that "they were flat" bullshit. Our O-line was exposed as horribly lacking in athleticism. Denard does what he does. Makes great plays with his feet, but ultimately will throw away a game. Terrible play calling. Flatness had nothing to do with it.

bamf16 said:
Again....Brady Hoke, Greg Mattison, Al Borges. Pick out the weak link.

MSU's DLine dominated the line of scrimmage, and instead of forcing their DEs to make decisions, we continued to line up in the shotgun, run slow developing plays, and ask our QB who doesn't throw well on the run to throw well on the run.

Where was the IForm? Where were the 2 RB sets with Denard to act as a lead blocker and a decoy? Where was Al Borges today? Mattison = huge upgrade over Greg Robinson. But Al Borges is a fucking joke. He's a fucking moron.

You forgot something

ask our QB who doesn't throw well on the run to throw well on the run into a crazy, ass wind.

mhughes0021 said:
Dantonio after the game: "Times have changed"

ouch....direct response to the big brother comment. May need to change that distinction after 4 straight losses.

4th and 1 play was dumb but MSUs defense won them that game. Michigan abandoned the run game when their star quarterback was 3/14 throwing the ball....dont know if that was the smartest decision when the game was still close.

Then the whole denard here gardner there thing is just stupid...

Until michigan figures out what the fuck theyre doing theyre still just a middle of the pack big 10 team.

exactly! The 2qb thing was stupid as hell and going away from running denard and Smith was stupid as hell.

The better team won, period. State made so many mistakes that game, but they're the better team so they still won despite themselves.

johnny2x2x said:
The better team won, period. State made so many mistakes that game, but they're the better team so they still won despite themselves.
agreed

erg57 said:
johnny2x2x said:
agreed

I don't think anyone is disputing this. The coaches are part of the team after all.

Our offensive line lost this game. Too many undersized RR recruits. Denard lost this game, he is an over hyped defensive back trying to play QB. I don't feel bad about the outcome. Michigan State is the better team. Michigan was outplayed. At least now I won't have to hear about the most "dynamic" player in the country anymore. Once we get some more skill and size Michigan will be dominating State again.

Oh thanks for my -9 for telling you that Denard is a shitty quarterback a few weeks ago.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i think hoke tricked us into thinking that RR's players were better than they are. But he tried to tell us that they weren't that good. I just didn't think we'd be that flat...ever.

what? So this is the players' fault? 4th and 1 inch on the 8 yard line and they draw that up? Playcalling from the first drive on was absolutely horrible...just horrible. All cutesy, playing 2 QB's, Denard and Vince Smith went right down the field that drive and then we didn't see those plays the rest of the game, instead they wanted to get cute.

definitely most of the blame goes on borges, but our o-line and d-line were shit. i mean absolute diarrhea.

THe playcalling, o-line play and WRs were all an absolute joke.. The defense was excellent.. I'm sorry but why run the goddamn shotgun so many fucking times if MSU keeps getting constant pressure and sending 5 to 7 men every fucking time..

johnny2x2x said:

never count out a team that can run the ball and has a good defense. They didnt even need huge plays from cunningham this game.

We're really going to blame RR for this loss? The offense was the fucking joke today. I'll take RR running my offense over Al Borges running my offense.

Hoke needs to put on a fucking headset and shoot down some of the stupidity coming from his offensive coordinator in the press box.

uofmpoweri said:
Our offensive line lost this game. Too many undersized RR recruits. Denard lost this game, he is an over hyped defensive back trying to play QB. I don't feel bad about the outcome. Michigan State is the better team. Michigan was outplayed. At least now I won't have to hear about the most "dynamic" player in the country anymore. Once we get some more skill and size Michigan will be dominating State again.

Oh thanks for my -9 for telling you that Denard is a shitty quarterback a few weeks ago.

You're an idiot.

Glad MSU won, dissapointed in the undisciplined play. Way too many cheap shots, not good. It is funny to hear a lot of you criticize you're offense and give no credit to a good MSU defense. To all those who weren't sold on our defense, questioning who we played.....

How do you like us now.

BTW, not classy on our part for the cheap shots, not clasy on UM's part on the hand shake.

Hungry said:
erg57 said:

I don't think anyone is disputing this. The coaches are part of the team after all.

The coaches didn't throw a pick 6 in the 4th quarter to put the game away. The coaches kept this overmatched team in the game. Denard was shut down because you can not have a one dimensional offense. You can not coach completions when your QB is throwing the ball 5 feet behind his receivers.

bamf16 said:
uofmpoweri said:

You're an idiot.

You are in denial

Also, thi is a different UM team. You WILL not do what you have done the last couple years. I still see UM having a good year.

Honestly, from a State fan, Hoke is a great coach. I'm glad to win this game because you guys will be tougher in years to come. The dirty play killed us, just no discipline and it kept you guys in the game. To me MSU had more talent on both sides of the field, but superior coaching from the U of M staff made it a game. Penalties are directly related to coaching.

I hope Denard is OK, it didn't look like that bad a hit, just a stupid one. Gholston should have been thrown out for that punch though.

greenandwhite95 said:
Also, thi is a different UM team. You WILL not do what you have done the last couple years. I still see UM having a good year.

thank you. at least you're not an idiot like the other sparty that showed up as soon as you went up two scores.

Back