Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Unofficial Official MSU vs Michigan thread

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Hoke tried to warn us. He's been saying it all year. "We're not as good as our record/ranking".
Just like Dantonio's first year at cleaning up the garbage of John L... This will probably be a mediocre 8-4 season...

rumseyhouse77 said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Glad MSU won, dissapointed in the undisciplined play. Way too many cheap shots, not good. It is funny to hear a lot of you criticize you're offense and give no credit to a good MSU defense. To all those who weren't sold on our defense, questioning who we played.....

How do you like us now.

BTW, not classy on our part for the cheap shots, not clasy on UM's part on the hand shake.

Typical sparty, play dirty and then try to make like it all evens out because Michigan didn't shake your dirty hands at end of the game. Your D is good I guess, but really in this game the Michigan O and play calling lost the game. Why play so dirty? Especially at the end, slamming Denard down to put him out of the game? Clear that this was your D's plan all game. I would not be proud of this win.

Classier than Michigan fans are on Sparty's board. They didn't come over here talking smack. They were very classy in my opinion. But you have to be a dick to them. Where is your class Michigan? Do you have any?

greenandwhite95 said:
tigers99888 said:
You have to step back and think.. RR was really our John L Smith.. Second half collapses and the recruitment of Mac-Level players across the board except from 2008, not to mention a piss poor coaching staff under him.. It really was a legit parallel between the two...

You're mac level players gave you a top twenty recruiting class every year RR was there. Go figure.
Sorry but the 2010 class wasn't even top 30.. The 2008 class was top 10 but clearly overrated.. the only legit class he brought in was 2009 when William Campbell was recruited and bumped the class up..

I wouldn't be proud of all those penalties, the MSU Defense played tough. The 4th down pass was stupid, I don't care how you look at it. One play doesn't define a game, but it hurt. Hoke will tell you 5 or so plays will make or break a game. That play and the pick 6 would be in those plays. Also Devins TD that was past the LOS could go into that category. So with that being said UM was on the losing end of a 5 play game IMO.

Well needed off week, then we play a struggling PU team, that looked decent against PSU. It is a must win for UM. Ill take the weekend off to fill the freezer, Gotta love Deer season!

tigers99888 said:
greenandwhite95 said:
You're mac level players gave you a top twenty recruiting class every year RR was there. Go figure.
Sorry but the 2010 class wasn't even top 30.. The 2008 class was top 10 but clearly overrated.. the only legit class he brought in was 2009 when William Campbell was recruited and bumped the class up..

You're wrong. I don't have time to look it up but I would almost guarantee UM's reruiting class in 2010 was top twenty to twenty five by most recruiting services.

uofmpoweri said:
Hungry said:
so knowing this, just run the football!

You can't run against 9 in the box. Especially when your offensive line is overmatched. You need to keep them honest with your passing game. Michigan can not pass the ball.

You're right....you cannot run against 9 in the box, UNLESS you run some more option. The zone read, midline, the inverted veer, regular veer...force one of those defenders to be a read guy and you better your chances.

Also, hate to say it for some, but the quick screen or bubble screen would have gotten Sparty out of that alignment...

bamf16 said:
uofmpoweri said:
You just proved that you are. You are blaming the wind moron. State played in the same wind. You are comparing MSU's Defense to our Defense. Come on. Wake up and get a sniff of reality.

State did play in the same wind. How'd their 5th year QB do? How many plays did he make? What'd he end up with, 130 yards passing?

The difference is that our QB is one of the fastest guys in college football, and nothing was done to utilize it. Al Borges asked Denard to do what he doesn't do well, over and over and over and over again.

How many out routes to the perimter were called to open up the middle of the field? How often did we see the IForm after the first drive?

How many times was our best offensive player on the sidelines when we were on offense?

And do you still think our OL is undersized?

It looked like our best passing quarterback was on the sidelines most of the game. I agree that Denard should return punts to utilize his speed. Maybe put him at tailback and dump the ball to him. He is never going to be a reliable quarterback. Passing is a skill that he does not have and he will not learn.

I didn't look up the size of the Michigan Offensive line. I do know that RR wanted smaller faster offensive linemen, that is what he recruited. They looked overplayed to me. I am not going to look up their size. A lot of the listed weights are false anyway. I will say that they are a group that does not play up to historical Michigan standards.

I

Michigan will be fine.. Have fun with MAC level talent. RR never recruited the state and let decent talent go to you... Enjoy it while it lasts.

uofmpoweri said:
Hungry said:
so knowing this, just run the football!

You can't run against 9 in the box. Especially when your offensive line is overmatched. You need to keep them honest with your passing game. Michigan can not pass the ball.

they ran the ball fine on the first drive. its called 'using misdirection'

The right mix of run plays and pass plays would've worked

still run it on that 4th and an inch and its first and goal at least at the 7 yard line, down 7 with wind...you'd call a pass play there? Even if you had Navarre or Henne?

uofmpoweri said:
bamf16 said:
Look at our OL, look at their OL, and tell me our's is undersized.

Denard has a skillset and a set of weaknesses. Instead of asking Denard to play to his strengths, they asked him to do what he's not good at, into a 30 mile an hour wind.

It makes as much sense as asking Threet to run 20 times a game and then bitching that he's no good.

I'm in denial? I'll never deny that you're a fucking moron.

You just proved that you are. You are blaming the wind moron. State played in the same wind. You are comparing MSU's Defense to our Defense. Come on. Wake up and get a sniff of reality.

he's not blaming the wind, he's saying you don't call downfield passing plays into that wind with Denard at QB.

greenandwhite95 said:
Hungry said:
if the 2 teams tie in the division, head2head would have to be the first tiebreaker. basically this game was worth 2 wins...if it comes down to that.

Sounds like we would have a scenario like last year between Wisky and MSU.

except that this year, there's a league championship game. There won't be any shared titles this year. No one cares if you shared the division title...i don't even think there is a division title.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Hoke tried to warn us. He's been saying it all year. "We're not as good as our record/ranking".

and i've agreed with him all year. Still, this had a very good chance to become a tie game with 5 minutes to go and MIchigan having the wind, if you just man it up and dive into the line on 4th and an inch.

Hungry said:
uofmpoweri said:

they ran the ball fine on the first drive. its called 'using misdirection'

The right mix of run plays and pass plays would've worked

still run it on that 4th and an inch and its first and goal at least at the 7 yard line, down 7 with wind...you'd call a pass play there? Even if you had Navarre or Henne?

I didn't like the pass call there either. They did try a few screens but they were getting tipped at the line. Denard wanted to run away from pressure instead of hitting the quick outs.

greenandwhite95 said:
rumseyhouse77 said:
Typical sparty, play dirty and then try to make like it all evens out because Michigan didn't shake your dirty hands at end of the game. Your D is good I guess, but really in this game the Michigan O and play calling lost the game. Why play so dirty? Especially at the end, slamming Denard down to put him out of the game? Clear that this was your D's plan all game. I would not be proud of this win.

How is that typical ? I have said on here twice I didn't agree with the late hits, they were thuggish. If you want to talk about classy though, not shaking hands is in the same bought. It shows no respect to your opponent.

he's obviously talking about your players not you.

uofmpoweri said:
bamf16 said:
State did play in the same wind. How'd their 5th year QB do? How many plays did he make? What'd he end up with, 130 yards passing?

The difference is that our QB is one of the fastest guys in college football, and nothing was done to utilize it. Al Borges asked Denard to do what he doesn't do well, over and over and over and over again.

How many out routes to the perimter were called to open up the middle of the field? How often did we see the IForm after the first drive?

How many times was our best offensive player on the sidelines when we were on offense?

And do you still think our OL is undersized?

It looked like our best passing quarterback was on the sidelines most of the game. I agree that Denard should return punts to utilize his speed. Maybe put him at tailback and dump the ball to him. He is never going to be a reliable quarterback. Passing is a skill that he does not have and he will not learn.

I didn't look up the size of the Michigan Offensive line. I do know that RR wanted smaller faster offensive linemen, that is what he recruited. They looked overplayed to me. I am not going to look up their size. A lot of the listed weights are false anyway. I will say that they are a group that does not play up to historical Michigan standards.

I

Devin was missing wr's all day, too.

greenandwhite95 said:
rumseyhouse77 said:

How is that typical ? I have said on here twice I didn't agree with the late hits, they were thuggish. If you want to talk about classy though, not shaking hands is in the same bought. It shows no respect to your opponent.

A team that plays a dirty game deserves no respect. It was not just one incident, but occurred throughout the game. Dirty play shows no respect for your opponent and the game. And you expect respect at the end? Really? You have a tough defense, no doubt. Why the dirty play? Is it an inferiority complex that sparty has with Michigan? You resort to playing dirty even when you have a good team. Why? You are like OSU.

Hungry said:
uofmpoweri said:

he's not blaming the wind, he's saying you don't call downfield passing plays into that wind with Denard at QB.

I'm saying that he is in denial because you can not throw downfield passes with Denard on a calm day. Denard can not pass the ball. The wind does not make you throw the ball 5 feet over wide open receivers heads on a 10 yard pass

greenandwhite95 said:
tigers99888 said:

You're wrong. I don't have time to look it up but I would almost guarantee UM's reruiting class in 2010 was top twenty to twenty five by most recruiting services.
You're wrong.. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2010/michigan-29

http://michigan.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits/2010

uofmpoweri said:
[quote author=bamf16 board=wolverines thread=2531 post=63686 time=1318708699]

I didn't look up the size of the Michigan Offensive line.

Glad you admit to posting without a clue as to what you're talking about. It saves me the trouble of proving it.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

and i've agreed with him all year. Still, this had a very good chance to become a tie game with 5 minutes to go and MIchigan having the wind, if you just man it up and dive into the line on 4th and an inch.

i know. from sparty fans on my facebook, you would think they beat us by 50.

Back