Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers looking at Choo for LF

why are people talking about stolen bases? All I want are players who know how to run the fucking bases and don't get thrown out at second on what should be a stand up double.

Fielder was a fat piece of shit that got tired at the end of every year and breathed hard after one of his 25-30 HR per year. Good riddance to the vegetarian chocolate stay puft cancer.

You have the memory of a goldfish.

I don't really care if we get Grandy or Choo, or even Beltran for LF, as long as it's not Dirks or Castellanos staring out there.

Last edited:
I don't really care if we get Grandy or Choo, or even Beltran for LF, as long as it's not Dirks or Castellanos staring out there.

Main reason I want Choo more than Beltran is defense. Choo isnt great, but in LF he should be at least average. Beltan will not. He won't even be close.

You have the memory of a goldfish.

I liked Prince, but the guy proved that he didn't really give a shit about his longevity in the game. No way I wanted that tub of lard on this team when he couldn't even work a bit extra in the offseason to be in shape.

Main reason I want Choo more than Beltran is defense. Choo isnt great, but in LF he should be at least average. Beltan will not. He won't even be close.

I can handle suspect defense, what I can't handle is having a corner outfielder who hits like a shortstop.

I liked Prince, but the guy proved that he didn't really give a shit about his longevity in the game. No way I wanted that tub of lard on this team when he couldn't even work a bit extra in the offseason to be in shape.

If he hasn't before, he better damned well be getting in shape during this offseason. Like I have posted in the trade thread, he will be playing at least half his games in that sweltering TX heat. (accounting for early and late season home games when it might not be 90+ degrees in the evenings) Prince might even put his MLB-leading consecutive games played streak in jeopardy, since he might need to sit out a game or two once in a while due to heat exhaustion.

Last edited:
I can handle suspect defense, what I can't handle is having a corner outfielder who hits like a shortstop.

I must be looking at the wrong shortstops. Which SS hit's like Choo..?

I think my ideal offensive acquisitions would be singing Choo and trading for Chase Headley, if we can get him (ive kinda wanted him for a while.)

Choo LF
Headley 3B
Hunter RF
Miggy 1B/DH
VMart DH/1B
Kinsler 2B
Avila C
Ajax CF
Iglesias SS

yep.

Last edited:
I think my ideal offensive acquisitions would be singing Choo and trading for Chase Headley, if we can get him (ive kinda wanted him for a while.)

Choo LF
Headley 3B
Hunter RF
Miggy 1B/DH
VMart DH/1B
Kinsler 2B
Avila C
Ajax CF
Iglesias SS

yep.

Id move miggy and victor up and put Hunter 5

Choo LF
Headley 3B
Hunter RF
Miggy 1B/DH
VMart DH/1B
Kinsler 2B
Avila C
Ajax CF
Iglesias SS

yep.

I like Choo, but I'm almost hoping for Granderson. He would be a nice lefty bat with very good power and could hit 5th behind Cabrera and Vmart could hit 3rd. A very dangerous 3/4/5

I like Choo, but I'm almost hoping for Granderson. He would be a nice lefty bat with very good power and could hit 5th behind Cabrera and Vmart could hit 3rd. A very dangerous 3/4/5

The biggest reasons I want Choo vs Grandy are much better OBP w/o all the strikeouts, and the fact that Choo hits lefties much better than grandy (choo is still slightly below avg against them, but still). Choo still has decent power too.

The biggest reasons I want Choo vs Grandy are much better OBP w/o all the strikeouts, and the fact that Choo hits lefties much better than grandy (choo is still slightly below avg against them, but still). Choo still has decent power too.

Last 3 years versus LHP

Granderson .243 BAVG .328 OBP .512 SLG .840 OPS

Choo .220 BAVG .333 OBP .293 SLG .626 OPS

When ind Detroit, Granderson could not hit lefthanded pitching. When Granderson went to the Yankees, Kevin Long, the Yankees' Hitting Coach, modified Grandy's approach.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...vin-long-2011-home-run-surge-article-1.143286

Last 3 years versus LHP

Granderson .243 BAVG .328 OBP .512 SLG .840 OPS

Choo .220 BAVG .333 OBP .293 SLG .626 OPS

When ind Detroit, Granderson could not hit lefthanded pitching. When Granderson went to the Yankees, Kevin Long, the Yankees' Hitting Coach, modified Grandy's approach.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...vin-long-2011-home-run-surge-article-1.143286

Just because you seem so on top of the numbers, is there a certain free agent(s) you're hoping the Tigers pursue??

Napoli

Granderson

Choo (no power)

I don't want Ellsbury and definitely wouldn't touch Youkilis (.930 Home OPS vs .622 Away OPS).

My thing was DET needed to add power even before Fielder got traded. Now, they need it more. Aside from Cabrera, they have no consistent 20 or more HR hitter. None. You need that power threat to keep other teams honest.

Napoli

Granderson

Choo (no power)

I don't want Ellsbury and definitely wouldn't touch Youkilis (.930 Home OPS vs .622 Away OPS).

My thing was DET needed to add power even before Fielder got traded. Now, they need it more. Aside from Cabrera, they have no consistent 20 or more HR hitter. None. You need that power threat to keep other teams honest.

Sign Napoli to play 1B now that Fielder is gone? Id be ok with that.

Back