Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. guardians ALDS - Best of Five Games - October 5 to October 12

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Bob and guys, I wanted to start this so I could add the Links for the ALDS here and not in the wild card.
Please add whatever you need and deem necessary. Bob, I hope all is better with your wife and you will
be able to do your updates here.

Tigers-Guardians position-by-position breakdown.
Tigers official site

Setting the Detroit Tigers roster for the ALDS.
The Tigers have bullpenned their way through the Houston Astros, but they may need more pitching to tackle the Cleveland Guardians.
BYBTB

MLB announces ALDS start times and dates for Tigers-Guardians series.
MCBTB

Incredible playoff payroll fact shows Tigers could be team best built for future.
MCBTB

Kirk Gibson gets last laugh on 97.1, four months after sticking up for slumping Tigers.
Detnews

Tigers, once 500-1 just to make the playoffs, now are 10-1 to win the World Series.
Detnews

How Detroit Tigers built miniscule payroll into thrilling 2024 MLB playoff run.
Freep

Tigers vs. Guardians channel, TV, livestream, announcers for Game 1 of ALDS playoffs.
Freep

As Tigers map out ALDS pitching strategy, will they push envelope with Tarik Skubal?
Mlive

How to get playoff tickets for the Detroit Tigers against the Cleveland Guardians for under $200.
Mlive

Who invited the Tigers and Guardians? They did, so watch out.
MLB.com

THE NEW WAY TO PLAY.
Totally Tigers

Wow.
I keep wondering when I’m going to wake up from this wonderful dream. This impossible dream in which the Tigers played most of the season under .500 and then miraculously turned things around, reached .500 in mid-August and then had the best win-loss record since in all of MLB.
All while losing 4 of their 5 starting pitchers, trading away 4 veterans and having their most significant players on the IL.
Back in August, they were given a .2% of reaching the playoffs.

Tyler Holton will open ALDS Game 1 for the Tigers.
Holton starting and somewhere in the early part of the game, Olson throws 7-12 outs, then full BP puppetmaster.

8 teams remain. Current World Series odds via FanGraphs:
1. Phillies 20.2%
2. Yankees 19.0%
3. Dodgers 17.8%
4. Padres 15.7%
5. Guardians 7.6%
6. Royals 7.3%
7. Tigers 6.6%
8. Mets 5.7%

The average ticket prices for NLDS and ALDS home games, per Logitix.
Philadelphia Phillies: $417
San Diego Padres: $319
New York Mets: $293
Kansas City Royals: $256
Detroit Tigers: $223
Cleveland Guardians: $214
New York Yankees: $177
Los Angeles Dodgers: $154

Tigers’ 3-1 win over the Astros gave ABC its most-watched Wild Card outing on record (3.19 million viewers).

The walks per 9 by the Tigers bullpen when Guenther, Hanifee, Madden and Hurter were called up from Toledo since Aug. 1, dropped from 3.12 (June 1 to July 31) to 1.98 over 286 innings of work to end the season.

‘Go Get ‘Em Tigers’ song from 1968 gets a modern update from local band.
Detnews

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

From a .2% chance of making the playoffs in August, the Tigers did it. They even swept the formidable Houston Astros this past week.
The Tigers were not expected to become a competitive team this year. The overall belief was that it would take another 1-2 years for the roster to be revised enough for them to start playing competitive baseball.
Many give a large part of the credit to manager A. J. Hinch who got every player to buy into the plan.
Has your opinion of A. J. changed given the team’s unexpected goal of reaching the playoffs early?

Has your opinion of A. J. Hinch changed this year?

1. No, I've always liked him as the manager.

2. Yes, I thought he was OK but now I like him even more.

3. Yes, I just started liking him this year.

4. No, I've never been thrilled with Hinch.

VOTE

Thanks everyone. Shouldn’t we have a separate game thread ? I’m just way too busy with my wife. Recovery is so slow. I have so many errands to run it will probably be radio for me. Go tigers.

Thanks everyone. Shouldn’t we have a separate game thread ? I’m just way too busy with my wife. Recovery is so slow. I have so many errands to run it will probably be radio for me. Go tigers.
Bob, I/We hope and pray for your wife's full recovery. Family comes first. We will be here when you have time.

Yes, there should be separate threads for each ALDS and future games if our Tigers advance.

ALDS Preview: A quick look at the Cleveland Guardians.
Here’s a quick gander at what to expect from the Guardians against the Tigers in the American League Divisional Series.
BYBTB

FAN FEEDBACK: DIVISION SERIES GAME #1.
Totally Tigers

We’re breaking tradition again today – and every day the Detroit Tigers are playing October baseball. The day after each game, we’ll be dissecting it. The good and the bad. Hopefully, a lot more good.
Each day, you’ll be asked a question to answer. Three sentences max please. But you get extra points if you respond to other readers to keep the conversations going.

On Saturday, the Tigers suffered their first playoff loss. Defeated by the Cleveland Guardians 7-0.
There was some disappointing pitching yet a few who stepped it up. Too many strikeouts. Some sloppy fielding. Lack of offense.
This is a best of 5 series. The next game is scheduled for Tuesday in Cleveland. Then the series moves to Detroit on Wednesday. If needed, a 4th game would be played on Thursday.

Here is today’s question:
If you could only make 1 change to the Tigers’ strategy going forward for this series, what would it be?
Does it have to do with the roster or lineup? What about pitching? Or does it involve defense?
If you were A. J. Hinch, what change would you make?

Back