Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 23

Turn the game in time just to watch Ajax GIDP.

Why the fuck does he still bat leadoff?

0-3, 2 Ks and a GIDP.

these GIDPs are frustrating but honestly did anyone really expect a win tonight?

MI_Thumb said:
We can't ask for much more from a #5 starter then what Penny's given us tonight, if we lose it's on the offense.

true but is Penny really a 5th starter?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Why not sacrifice with Jackson? I just don't get it...

For as much as I'm against bunting, they probably should have.

The guy is such a liability at the plate, I'd rather him bunt than hit.

There is no reason not to bunt with Jackson in a 1-0 game.... I understand not doing it if it is 3-0 or higher but this is just a bad decision by Jim... You have to get two cracks at getting a hit with Inge on second... And Jackson may get a bunt single if we are lucky..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]There is no reason not to bunt with Jackson in a 1-0 game.... I understand not doing it if it is 3-0 or higher but this is just a bad decision by Jim... You have to get two cracks at getting a hit with Inge on second... And Jackson may get a bunt single if we are lucky..

theres no excuse

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]There is no reason not to bunt with Jackson in a 1-0 game.... I understand not doing it if it is 3-0 or higher but this is just a bad decision by Jim... You have to get two cracks at getting a hit with Inge on second... And Jackson may get a bunt single if we are lucky..

absolutely, this game is like a chess match and we dont advance runners on fly balls so AJ has to bunt there, if they make a DP then they made a great play

All right lets rip Tampa Bay off. Penny is pitching well enough lets get him and the Tigers the win...

Back