Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox ALCS Game 6 Thread

Well now that this is over, I want to see some serious changes. I do not want to see any of the coaches back next year. 2006 Tigers and 2013 Red Sox have shown that changes are a good thing when it comes to the staff. Francona got stale in Boston and they moved on.. took a couple years, and now they are back in the WS. Leyland has been here for 8 years. 2 WS appearances and nothing to show for it. Move on.

Please don't forget the bullpen. And I don't want to hear about Rondon or Dotel. One is unproven and the other is my Grandpa's golfing buddy.

The bullpen is a given..
But nothing will change...
DD hates guys with high OBP or that take pitches outside a few guys.
The team has terrible fundamentals.
Short on range...
We have a idiotic manager.
Terrible third base coach..

Oh wait its better then the 1990's.. Whatever.. with this talent you should not fail this many times in the playoffs with a WS win..

Last edited:
Come on, max had 110, 2 men on, kh hitter coming up. That was the right cakk and smyly made a good pitch

I agree. What I don't understand is why take Smyly out? The guy is projected to be a SP and he pitch to a righty?

Come on, max had 110, 2 men on, kh hitter coming up. That was the right cakk and smyly made a good pitch

110 means jack shit in the playoffs. These guys ( Scherzer, Verlander) are fucking stars for a reason. You ride'em when you can trust no one else. They make a living getting out of sticky situations.

Last edited:
Disappointed but not very surprised, esp after Game 2.

This team never gave me the feeling that they had destiny on their side, unlike '68 and '84. I had more hope & faith for a WS win last year, actually.

How about a healthy cabby and rondon

would help but prolly still not enough...Team can't hit off speed pitching much either, keep the fastballs away and get em out with soft stuff if they didn't already get themselves out chasing fastballs out of the zone...

Oh well...would have lost the WS again anyway, at least we won't have to suffer another embarrassing terrible bed shitting offensive WS sweep again

Tigers bullpen allowed three grand slams during the regular season and two in the LCS.

Tigers are Physically and Emotionally drained.

Disappointed but not very surprised, esp after Game 2.

This team never gave me the feeling that they had destiny on their side, unlike '68 and '84. I had more hope & faith for a WS win last year, actually.

I agree after we blew game 2 this series was over... That pitch felt like Gibson's homer to me... We had Boston dead to rights and just gaffed that game away..

The team has most of the pieces. A new manager who is more of a fundamentals guy, a closer, a lead off hitter and we're where we need to be.

We got beat by a smarter team. Even if we made it past boston, St. Louis was a smarter team than us too.

Plus why are we always so banged up come Playoffs...Verses Texas it was even worse a few years back... Last year not so much... Had to win that WS verses the Giants but Jim's mental midget team was a no-show in the 2012 WS..

Last edited:
It better not be a drawn out process when deciding Jim Leyland's fate. Don't even offer him another one-year deal, DD. It's time to start over.. seriously, this team is not working. Too one-dimensional.

lol...Austin Jackson is going to finish this series close to .300 hitting.

Back