Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread August 13

Like I said though, this is his first year catching these pitchers. Of course they are gonna be more comfortable with how Avila calls the game. They know him much better.

I've been happy as shit with Pena this year.

I've also been "happy as shit" this year. Was really bummed we let Laird go but DD proved why he's the GM and I'm a fan.

While I'm not saying Pena will never handle the pitchers as good as Avila, I do disagree that it's because of who is catching more often. Avila sets up after the pitcher has almost finished his windup where Pena sets up before any motion by the pitcher sometimes. That can often tip off batters (and runners).

Last edited:
Pena is playing a lot more than a traditional backup. I must say that I'm not a fan of his defense or the way he handles the staff, but his bat has somewhat made up for it.

Who the fuck threw that ball away?! They need to be on the bench right fucking now.

What a bunch of fuckin clowns. Maybe they'll wake up when they piss away another fuckin pennant.

Avisail Garcia triples (2) on a line drive to right fielder Torii Hunter. Gordon Beckham scores. Alexei Ramirez scores. Avisail Garcia scores. Throwing error by second baseman Omar Infante.
Fongool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Tigers, way to let em off the hook in the previous top half and in the 1st, and so the Garcia Tiger killer era begins. FSSAR%$#QW%@QT#!$#!$#$#

Last edited:
If they lose this game,I'll be furious. Too many ups and downs for one team. This is pathetic.

Last edited:
gameday says the ball was a blooper down the line. was it?

edit: nvm, that was keppinger's fly ball lol

Last edited:
gameday says the ball was a blooper down the line. was it?

It was a soft liner.. dropped halfway down the line, so it was harder than a blooper. Still no excuse for that dumb fuckin throw by Infante. Should be a 2-1 game.

we should have more runs regardless. stupid offense, aside from the 9-run game vs the yanks, all theyve done these last few games is strand runners by the boatload or just plain not hit at all.

They only have 2 fn hits are we are losing 3-1 because our fn offense is back in hack let em off the hook mode again

They only have 2 fn hits are we are losing 3-1 because our fn offense is back in hack let em off the hook mode again

This offense is always in hack mode. It's just that sometimes, they actually get hits because of it.

9 baserunners now after Torii's walk, and only one run. this offense is so frustrating.

I only comment when I'm really pissed off. And right now, I'm really pissed. This fucking team needs to take these bottom dwellers seriously and quit fucking around or there will be no playoffs. My god you got to beat the shitty teams too, Tigers.

Back