Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 1 Oct. 13

Tigers hitting 7th inning,

Laird with pos strike call, takes low, fastball off the corner pilled in and ump calls it a strike, curve outside and is around the plate and called out on strikes,

Die you f'n ump die right there, strike expands like a 20 course meal,

Jackson takes outside, curve strike, strike, cutter fouls it back, lays off outside, fastball ground foul, grounder to short, and they're gonna call every close call in the yanks favor,

Infante curve is high, another in the dirt, good God that was around his shins and it's a strike, curve is ripped deep down left but foul, tried another come around curve finally called a ball, fastball fouled back, low for a walk,

girardi takes him out, lowe pitching,

Cabrera 6-for-29 (.207) with 2 HRs, 3 BBs in career vs Derek Lowe. Cabrera began career 0-for-13 vs Lowe but is 6-for-16 since, takes a strike, swings and misses the sinker, again,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Give Girardi credit, he was smart and brought someone in with an over 5.00 era. He must have done his homework against us.

I've said it before, if I was an opposing manager I'd look at my roster and see who has the highest era's and that is who would pitch. Lowe carved up Miggy like he was Mariano.

Last edited:
Obviously they're going to pitch Cabrera inside all series.

Yup and I'm surprised he hasn't adjusted to this yet.

Well Miggy got us here... I guess other people are going to have to take it from here..

Last edited:
When is leyland going to realize that just cause Garcia looks like miggy...doesn't mean he can play baseball.

Dougie for Jeter then Coke in against the Lefties?

Last edited:
mlb needs some other ump looking at check swings...lol..it seems like every tigers game i watch theres 6 check swings that aren't called strikeouts..

Of course he gets a hit.

Should have left him in. Coke in and the fun begins.

My god I hope that blown call don't come back to kill us here with Cano up.

Crap.

Less than 7 from a starter worries me almost as much as knowing Coke is taking over.

Last edited:
Back